Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    I think you pay a bit more for the one with Mario World on it aswell though?

A little bit more yeah. I didn't even know that cart existed until recently! Saw it a few months ago while browsing ebay. Thought it was a Chinese pirate at first.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, about 20 euro on Ebay as far as I can see. So 25 euro is ok in RAGE, when you take postage into consideration.

Still, retro game prices are really on the increase, me no likey.

Are we talking boxed or unboxed?

When I said €15, I was talking about cart only including postage from ebay.co.uk. I took it at €10-12 for the game and the rest for postage.

I just had a look on ebay.co.uk and the best buy it now price seems to be about 9.50 sterling - which is €10.84. So I was about right with that estimate :)

If the RAGE copy is boxed, then €25 is a good price. If it's not boxed..it's a good bit more than it'll cost you online. But I guess it's a popular game so someone will probably see it and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    A little bit more yeah. I didn't even know that cart existed until recently! Saw it a few months ago while browsing ebay. Thought it was a Chinese pirate at first.

Are we talking boxed or unboxed?

When I said €15, I was talking about cart only including postage from ebay.co.uk. I took it at €10-12 for the game and the rest for postage.

I just had a look on ebay.co.uk and the best buy it now price seems to be about 9.50 sterling - which is €10.84. So I was about right with that estimate :)

If the RAGE copy is boxed, then €25 is a good price. If it's not boxed..it's a good bit more than it'll cost you online. But I guess it's a popular game so someone will probably see it and buy it.

It was unboxed in RAGE. The cart is in mint condition but no box or manuals or any of that.

Edit:
    I bought a fair bit of stuff that day so I did get a discount. I guess the real price of the cart was about 21-22 euro inc discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for that? The reason I ask is I got it in RAGE last week as I just really wanted it, but it cost 25 euro. Just wondering how much cheaper it was online.

11 euro or so off ebay, won a auction. The all stars cart including mario world seems to be more expensive than the one that was shipped with the original console back in the day. Postage was 3 Steling so overall it cost nearly 15e

Edit:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_trkparms=65%253A1%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_nkw=a+link+to+the+past+snes&_dmpt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&_ds=1&_fcid=99&_localstpos=&_sc=1&_stpos=&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&gbr=1&_sop=2&_sc=1

*sighs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Guy walks into work today and goes: "You're a geek aren't you?"

I said yes, and he hands me this

:eek:

img07171179665.jpg

It's factory sealed and the box was too, looks like it could have been a refurb :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retro games are getting pricey these days. It goes for 20 Euro on Ebay.

It's like FF7, it's popular but about as rare as nitrogen in the air you breathe. If you pay over the odds for it then it's your own fault but for a game that nearly every SNES comes bundled with when sold online you'd be an idiot to pay 20 for it unboxed. A tiny bit of effort to look for it outside of ebay will land you it cheap.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's like FF7, it's popular but about as rare as nitrogen in the air you breathe. If you pay over the odds for it then it's your own fault but for a game that nearly every SNES comes bundled with when sold online you'd be an idiot to pay 20 for it unboxed. A tiny bit of effort to look for it outside of ebay will land you it cheap.

Meh, I wanted it right away so I paid for it. No big deal really.

I work hard so I spend hard :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're adding to the problem! *shakes fist* :P

You're adding to the problem! *shakes fist* :P

Nah, we need to pump money into the economy, not hold onto all of it.

Even if it means spending a bit more on our retro bits and gadgets.

WAIT, who said that........... Get off my computer guy

I very much doubt that the government is seeing money off of ebay sales :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Couple of new ones, pics might be a bit big just a couple of games and nes i got today, boxes on the games are a bit wrecked but wanted to play the games themselves..

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

• Advertisement

I very much doubt that the government is seeing money off of ebay sales :P

Thats why I got it in RAGE.

I'm guessing the goverment get something from that unless Mr Rage is doing the ole fiddly diddly with the receipts :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This just landed on my desk all the way from Hong Kong. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

*removed,slowly realised against aup charter,oops :o

Master of the Universe

*removed,slowly realised against aup charter,oops :o

:eek:

Ah! I didn't get to see it. Now it seems all mysterious. What the hell did you get?!

Bit the bullet (pun originally not intended, but now upon realization that it's a sort of pun...it is) :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Quick post dont quote-
    *yoink!

Master of the Universe

Ah man, there's no way that stuff is against the charter. Chinese hacks are retro videogame history too, whether people like it or not ;)

I'd love to start collecting them myself. You really get some weird stuff!

I was obsessed with Duke 3D for the Megadrive for years and managed to pick up an official copy a while back. Hail to the King baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

what could this be :D

IMG_0476.jpg

finally !

IMG_0479.jpg

and of course my new shmups

IMG_0477.jpg

I just had a crisis. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm playing something far more modest, Mario Picross for the GB on the GB Micro (via some jiggery pokery not needing mention here!).
    I have to say, I rather like Picross, and have both GB Mario Picross titles to work through.
    The recent 3D Picross game for the DS is rather excellent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Would a jap PS1 game work on my PS3? I really want Cyber Sled :/

marko93 wrote: »
    Cyber Sled :/

Blast from the past! I remember playing that in the arcades. That my second blast from the past game today, earlier I stumbled across this one hat I recall playing in the arcades too:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Relikk

If it's not a Jap machine then sadly, no. Only PS3 games are region free. PS1 and PS2 still retain their region restrictions.

You can get the PS1 chipped though or else get a swap disk to play it.

Master of the Universe

I have a PAL copy of that myself. So can confirm that it was released in PAL regions ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the Pal edition, a bit like Virtual On lite is it not?
    For PS tank thrills I prefer Assault Rigs!

There really is quite a gulf between the first year of PS games and the later output, later titles are very much playing the same games that we still play now, the earlier stuff is all over the place, a mix of arcade conversions, 16bit games in PS graphics and newer stuff trying to find a different path.

Master of the Universe

The first generation of ps1 games are indeed very archaic. It's amazing how much they progressed over such a short period of time.

When I saw Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7 for the first time I was so amazed. The character models weren't that great but thought the backgrounds were so amazing. The lighting was just incredible and I couldn't figure out how they managed to push so many polygons. Then I saw a Gamesmaster review of FF7 that explained that the backgrounds were 2D pictures with invisible polygons matched to them to create the environment and give the illusion that the chartacter was part of the scene. Really spoiled the illusion.

I suppose if I had of been playing with RGB and not though RF on a tiny portable it wouldn't have been so effective of an illusion. That TV brought an extra levelof realism to the PS1 graphics I think. Still remember my friend falling off the chair while playing ridge racer and using the controller like it was a steering wheel.

Really spoiled the illusion.

Regardless. Costa del Sol is still brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And I was a kid so I didn't give a crap :p

Ah, innocence!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement