Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

padraigggg wrote: »
    cheap knock-off post redacted

that wasnt me good effort though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The plot thickens. 2 Padraiggg/gs!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There can only be one. Extra-G, permaban-G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Well, they say imitation is a form of flattery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

There can only be one.
    And his name is trent!;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Again, if you have any feedback on the story, post it here.
    If you have any opinions on the thread itself, or the way it's evolving, post them in Feedback.

(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055797673)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

whats this thread for so?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

mink_man wrote: »
    whats this thread for so?

Its about a newly registered poster that wanted to have a go at writing. He has written I think 16 'chapters' now, but each chapter is no more than a very paragraphs. When you read the first chapter, you'll think your reading something from a 5th class student, but by the end of chapter 3 you'll be shouting SKRRK! SKRRK SKRRK! with joy as you marvel at such literary brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

delly wrote: »
    When you read the first chapter, you'll think your reading something from a 5th class student

Emm, Im not sure we've ruled this out yet? In any case, the adventures of Trent transcend any pre-conceived notions of age, gender(!) or creativity on the writers part.

Long may it continue. Padraig for Taoiseach (would sort those boyos in the Seanad out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

The man was coming up to behind the bush now so Trent quickly pretended to be a mirror and the man stopped and started doing his hair. BANG! Trent shot the man!
    ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

so is ther no more chapters?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You can't rush great art.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ThisIsDan

You sir are clearly a literary genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

a pack of secretaries rushing over to the dead Trent double like a pack of cats rushing to some spilt milk. “hahaha have fun ladies ” he said to himself.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Trent dodged the bullets that were being shot at him and hid behind a bush he knew the man would follow him there like candy to a baby ‘come to poppa’ trent thought.

oh lord! feckin brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

padraiggg wrote: »

Hi mexineil ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

can I say it's s*it without being banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yes

• Advertisement

whiteboy wrote: »
    can I say it's s*it without being banned?

Of course you can. It might carry more weight if you said why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Now trent was coming up to the door of the submarine he could see a henchman guarding it trent guessed it was his first day on the job he was looking awkward and he didnt have the proper uniform on yet he was wearing his own jacket and not the blue one that all the normal henchmen had!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Ehhh, hello Steven Segal!?

Daniel Craig definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

It's not a very good start, to be quite honest. If you don't know what's going to happen 5 lines into the book, maybe you should work that out first and then start (re)writing.

"Leave us alone Trent" ?? is this what someone who has a gun pointed at them says? How is he aiming both barrels (not bullets) at all the women at once and not at the men?

What's the story with the hat? It's on his head, then off, then on again... ?

"Now the gun was in the other hands"

This doesn't really read like English.
    After 26 pages of Trent, I keep having a good laugh when I read pickarooney's genuine attempt at some proper constructive criticism. Rock'n'roll indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Looks like i missed a bit of action. Imposters?!

This is still brilliant.

Valmont wrote: »
    After 26 pages of Trent, I keep having a good laugh when I read pickarooney's genuine attempt at some proper constructive criticism. Rock'n'roll indeed!

Me too :D It's like some 30s critic's attempt to find sense or meaning in that stuff and nonsense the handsome chap with the quiff and wobbly hips is singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

This is like you've taken every rule about how not to write a novel and did exactly what you're not supposed to do!

And I've gotta say its ridiculous and extremely entertaining!!
    Have just read the first two pages. But gotta read the rest over the weekend when I've got the time for such sorta nonsense!

OP, you should really look into publishing this thing. Might just become a best seller and then spawn a whole new generation of godawful books to be written...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Where's Trent? I miss him:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Just finished reading the lot.

I've gotta say padraiggg is a literary genius!!!
    This is absolute rock and roll!!

I don't know how good a book this would make but I haven't read anything with so much blood, violence, sex and suspense in it. This is an absolute classic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

This thread has got to be the best way I've ever killed an hour. Padraiggg, I salute you. Trent is a godlike literary creation.

Advertisement