Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

And it was set-up the day paidraiggg said he'd just set up a website...So Paidraigg definitely set-up the website. I can't see anything on that guys myspace, so you're going to need more proof. (Not you Jackobyte, the skeptic)
    Ya, can't see guy's profile either. Its private, only viewable to friends. I doubt a comedy author would use a private profile. Maybe a screen-shot of his profile with Trent part included as proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Ya, can't see guy's profile either. Its private, only viewable to friends. I doubt a comedy author would use a private profile. Maybe a screen-shot of his profile with Trent part included as proof.

its quite a terrible story tbh with alot of chuck norris euphenisms thrown in to make it look like great comedy....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

mink_man wrote: »
    its quite a terrible story tbh with alot of chuck norris euphenisms thrown in to make it look like great comedy....

Trent? Terrible? Never..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Screen-shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

lads ive just realised this guy didnt write this story!
    tbh, anyone who sets up a website for a little story would be stupid....also this is the myspace of the guy who wrote it, yer man only tweaked it...too many quotes there that could be made up in one day.....http://www.myspace.com/trenten1234

Pfft Nonsense thats only a coincidence maybe "Myspace Trent" is a fan of Boards Trent who knows.........but there is no denying that our Trent is a legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I actually am genuinely sad for you, that you don't have the capacity to appreciate true comedy! Such a shame to be honest mate.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Chapter 16 - "they all surrounded Trent like people surrounding a person"

Love that the story has been put into blog format. Can't wait for the next exciting instalment!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That's quite the allegation. Back it up with something substantial in 24 hours or say goodbye. (bankick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Good god, this mink_man is attempting to monger fear among us Trent fans, its the red scare all over again...Trent scare! There is no plagerism! There will be no Trent-gate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I had to laugh today when I head someone trotting out an ancient Chuck Norris joke. Chuck Norris jokes are so one-dimensional compared to the Saga of Trent. Trent is like the best parts of Bond, Bourne and Shaft, but so much better.

It's 2010 - The Year of The Trent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

What's a 'chuck norris euphenism'? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

That's quite the allegation. Back it up with something substantial in 24 hours or say goodbye. (bankick)

Proper order. What's with the negative vibes of some kids?? If ye ain't got nothing good to say then zip it, tbh

send that man a case of wheelkicks someone

although some of my mates don't get it either. Me? Sucked in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think that putting it in the blog is a great move. Now everybody can read it, in its entirety, in one place and crtique or praise it here.

I really enjoyed reading it. It gave me plenty of laughs. I particularly like:
    Chapter 16 wrote:
    One of the strippers had been had sex with off trent before though and could see what was happening!

What a wonderful turn of phrase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Funglegunk wrote: »
    What's a 'chuck norris euphenism'? :confused:

no wonder this story is being liked by the people of this thread....
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    I actually am genuinely sad for you, that you don't have the capacity to appreciate true comedy! Such a shame to be honest mate.

if you think this is true comedy then there are many people who could make up an immature story like this but they dont because they know only immature people like them...
    Rekop dog wrote: »

attack the post not the poster!

you're generally sad for me....and you reading a story that is written by the mind of a 10 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

I love the random quote section on the blog. One of my faves:
    SNAPKICK! The antiques man looked down, at the end of his arms was a mess of shattered hands and pottery

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

silvo wrote: »
    I love the random quote section on the blog.:

yes me to its very clever much more clever than a pythagoras theory probably, a freind made it and the site sothanks to baz and neil for that

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

This is brilliant Padraiggg! There were actually tears running down my face in work yesterday reading this!

My favourite line:

Trent could well remember that noise from the time he was in the army. "I can well remember that noise from the time I was in the army" Trent thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 legendoftrent

Ignore the naysayers Padraiggg, you're doing a great job!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mink_man banned for a week for ignoring warning on derailing thread, personal abuse, hypocrisy and making no attempt to back up claims of plagiarism.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

I've said it before and i'll say it again:
    peeeow....peeeow peeeow peeeow peeeow!!! dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

no wonder this story is being liked by the people of this thread....

if you think this is true comedy then there are many people who could make up an immature story like this but they dont because they know only immature people like them...

attack the post not the poster!

you're generally sad for me....and you reading a story that is written by the mind of a 10 year old!

Mozart showed prodigious ability from his earliest childhood in Salzburg. Already competent on keyboard and violin, he composed from the age of five and performed before European royalty; at 17 he was engaged as a court musician in Salzburg

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Firm follower of this thread for the past few months, but, gotta say, not too enamoured with that most recent chapter...come on trent, raise that bar back up again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

.."modest roundhouse disguised as a pirouette"

Sheer brilliance, who would have expected it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

That sounds suspiciously like a man backing out of an argument he cant win..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mark Santos

n
    ....and you reading a story that is written by the mind of a 10 year old!

Clearly this is not written by a 10 year old (or someone with the mind of a 10 year old) -- If you truly think that, then I understand your confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mark Santos

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Firm follower of this thread for the past few months, but, gotta say, not too enamoured with that most recent chapter...come on trent, raise that bar back up again!

Couldn't agree more, but I'd even say the last 2 chapters have felt a bit 'off'.

I know padraigggg can do, tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Couldn't agree more, but I'd even say the last 2 chapters have felt a bit 'off'.

Agreed, definitely last two chapters - in fact, since I started reading them on the blog - have been off. Very much by the numbers and using ideas that were funny the first time, but not as much again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 subzerorepair

It does not read like it was the work of a ten year old kid,
    no ten year old kid would have thought of making a story about a madman, except if his father was a madman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 subzerorepair

It's a good start actually, it is some kind of a mysterious beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭PurpleBee

you guys do know this isn't going to last forever? I think your expectations are too high. I, on the other hand, am enjoying it while it lasts.

Advertisement