Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Mail go for Gately

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Like all the horrible thoughts thats people had of the sport stars that died of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome...

Doesn't make it right at all.

Nodin wrote: »
    Yes, just as in various parts of the world, people really do wonder what it was like on Noahs ark and think that God created the world in 6 literal days. That doesn't make it correct, or make it probable or provable.
    walshb wrote: »
    Why? Becaues they say what others are really thinking?

Hey, maybe the article is too soon, but it is relevant and
    is being thought about...

Homophobics dont deserve a voice for there warped logic, just as racists and sexists don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

efb wrote: »
    Homophobics dont deserve a voice for there warped logic, just as racists and sexists don't.

What warped logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What warped logic?

The "logic" that makes them homophobic, I'd imagine.

The warped logic of her article, jumped to so many homophobic conclusions.
    All racism, sexism, and homophobia is based on warped logic too.

• Advertisement

The "logic" that makes them homophobic, I'd imagine.

Yeh, but he quoted a post from me and I was thinking that maybe
    he was liking me to these homophobics. I was merely pointing out that
    the articles is discussing what a lot of folks are thinking, good folks, bad folks, simply folks.

I cant imagine "good" folks are thinking as she did in that article, otherwise we have a very different definition of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What warped logic?

Most of the article.

Whats a sudden death go to do with gay marriage?

Whats the point in making innuendo against a coroners report on no basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jan Moir is a pure cu*nt for writing that thrash but what do you expect from that arse wipe. There's been thousands of compaints over it and Marks & Spencers have gone mad over it and have had there advertising removed form the online section. I think this story is going to get bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The Press Complaints Commission (in the UK) website has crashed. M&S have asked for their Ads to be taken down.

Vile woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

A mate of mine works for the Irish Mail, she said that the PCC have received the highest amount of complaints ever.too right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hope the 50,000 or so people that buy this rag finally wake up and realise what a piece of thrash it is.

Would be great to see retailers taking a stand and refusing to stock it.

BTW, the article in The Guardian is excellent. I'd advise everyone to read it if you've read the Daily Mail one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

baldbear wrote: »

Great article. I hope she chokes on her dinner. Vile vile woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I hope the 50,000 or so people that buy this rag finally wake up and realise what a piece of thrash it is.

I must admit I used to buy their YOU magazine on Saturday, with the rag attached. No more. I know it's only 60 euro or so per year but I won't let the fockers have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭furiousox

A mate of mine works for the Irish Mail, she said that the PCC have received the highest amount of complaints ever.too right.

Am l right in thinking they didn't even print the article in the lrish edition?

Because they knew their sales here would collapse!

F'kin cowardly spineless rats! :mad:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »

Imagine all those nice pre-Halloween Mail bonfires in front of every Spar :D

I cant imagine "good" folks are thinking as she did in that article, otherwise we have a very different definition of good.

Well, I have read the article again and I don't see what is so outrageous or inaccurate with it. It was a lonely way for a guy to die. Out of his head on whatever, alone while the "hubby" is in bed with another man. Sorry, but that's hardly everyday activity or a normal way to go. I can't understand why folks are dissing the paper over opinions and queries and questions that most people may be thinking. I fail to see where the author inplies that
    he died because he was gay. She is simply questioning the manner and circumstances surrounding his death.

Gay, straight or BI, folks die from all sorts of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

baldbear wrote: »

Great suggestion in the comments section:
    The best way to hurt the Daily Heil is to complain to their advertisers - I would dearly love to see a loss of ad revenue for that spiteful fascist rag.

M&S have already pulled their advertising from this article. Rather than complaining to the Press Council we should tell the companies that advertise with the Mail that we are not happy to see them associated with this article.

Well, I have read the article again and I don't see what is so outrageous or inaccurate with it. It was a lonely way for a guy to die. Out of his head on whatever, alone while the "hubby" is in bed with another man. Sorry, but that's hardly everday activity or a normal way to go. I can't understand why folks are dissing the paper over opinions and queries and questions that most people may be thinking.

Oh you cut down on gay bashing, how nice.

And where exactly does it say (apart from your friend Jan's fairy tale) that he was out of his head on anything? Links please? I thought they only found "trace of cannabis"?

• Advertisement

He wasn't found to have any drugs, there is no proof that his husband slept with anyone.

The coroner returned a verdict of 'Natural Causes', are you more qualified then a coroner?

Did you like the rumours that were circulating about Gatti or Sutherland? Like this they were also tragic situations that don't need tabloid gossip fueling wild speculation while a man lay recently dead and his family in pieces.

Also why the quotion marks around "Hubby"? He was his husband.

Gay bashing? Cop the fu*& on. Never did I gay bash....

Wasn't he on a major drinks session? Is this not true? Maybe it
    wasn't major, but I would say drink played its part,

Notice I said drink, and not, Stephen died because he was gay.

That article never ever claimed he died due to him being gay and anyone
    who is inisting this is over sensitive or illiterate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well, I have read the article again and I don't see what is so outrageous or inaccurate with it. It was a lonely way for a guy to die. Out of his head on whatever, alone while the "hubby" is in bed with another man. Sorry, but that's hardly everyday activity or a normal way to go. I can't understand why folks are dissing the paper over opinions and queries and questions that most people may be thinking. I fail to see where the author inplies that
    he died because he was gay. She is simply questioning the manner and circumstances surrounding his death.

Any links to back any of this up or just more usual rambling bull****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Well, I have read the article again and I don't see what is so outrageous or inaccurate with it. Out of his head on whatever,

Do you have a handy sideline in performing post mortems?

More importanty, do the inland revenue know about it?

Out of his head on whatever... like the article, that is very much implying something very untword, and how do you know his husband slept with another man? Or were you there?

furiousox wrote: »

Because they knew their sales here would collapse!

F'kin cowardly spineless rats! :mad:

Not the only paper to publish different Gately articles in their British editions. Some British papers published excerpts from the statement the Bulgarian chap gave to Spanish cops.
    Not published here in Ireland.

Yeah, "seedy reputation" "gay men will never be viewed like straight men" "men with men is not normal" and "twilight zone of hedonism" are just compliments.

Of course, you couldn't care less about gays. Riiight.

You would say.

Out of his head on whatever... like the article, that is very much implying something very untword, and how do you know his husband slept with another man? Or were you there?

See, I never once said his hubby slept with another man.
    I said they were in bed...

Maybe they did sleep, but I didn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭furiousox

Notice I said drink, and not, Stephen died because he was gay.

That article never ever claimed he died due to him being gay and anyone
    who is inisting this is over sensitive or illiterate

Didn't you say "he was out of his head on whatever"?

Now you're saying he was on a "major drinks session"

Oh hold on, your next sentence says "maybe it
    wasn't major"

Wanna go back and edit your post.......again?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I reopening this thread now as I'm hoping everyone has cooled down since last night.

Advertisement