Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Mail go for Gately

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,969 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's not the first time you have been considered racist is it?

I won't waste my time getting into an argument with you, but in my opinion, you know exactly what you will get away with on this forum, and word your posts so that you can't be banned.

I know most people can't be bothered to pull up some bloke on the internet, myself included, but sometimes people like you need to be reminded that the majority of people find your views disturbing. And odd, to be frank.

Racist? Don't you mean xenophobic, or anti gay?

Anyway, seeing as you are finding it difficult to distinguish between the terms, I'll leave it there. Usually it is those who bandy around the race card
    are actualy the real racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Those damn blackies keeping the white man down, eh Walsh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Walshb, I doubt you're racist/xenophobic/homophobic, to be fair. It's just... you do say some really OTT, sometimes ludicrous, things which you are then unable to back up - or else you try to do so with twisted logic, or you back-peddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I never said anything about competence. I talked about trust. The trust you have in another country, where you don't speak the language, do not understand the system and do not have many people to talk to about the situation.

So you just mistrust people you think are completely competent because you can't understand them, okay dokay...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,969 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dudess wrote: »
    Walshb, I doubt you're racist/xenophobic/homophobic, to be fair. It's just... you do say some really OTT, sometimes ludicrous, things which you are then unable to back up - or else you try to do so with twisted logic, or you back-peddle.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence, Dudess; c'mon, go all the way now, I do makes sense?;)

Maybe I can be a little harsh, even insensitive at times, but Gately's death IMO seemed suspicious and was dealt with in no time at all, Spanish autopsy on foeigner reveals nothing untoward. I just found it odd that the family didn't call for a second opinion from the Irish authorities.

I also take into account that the Spaniards may well have done a real good autopsy, but I also would not be suprised if it was a case of, "dead foreign guy found in Spain, just don't drag this out for too long, come to a conclusion and go with that." This sh!t does happen, and more often than one would think.

I am always watching crime programes and reading crime storeis, real crime stories and I have came across some real shoddy work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

walshb wrote: »
    Well thanks for the vote of confidence, Dudess; c'mon, go all the way now, I do makes sense?;)

Maybe I can be a little harsh, even insensitive at times, but Gately's death IMO seemed suspicious and was dealt with in no time at all, Spanish autopsy on foeigner reveals nothing untoward. I just found it odd that the family didn't call for a second opinion from the Irish authorities.

I also take into account that the Spaniards may well have done a real good autopsy, but I also would not be suprised if it was a case of, "dead foreign guy found in Spain, just don't drag this out for too long, come to a conclusion and go with that." This sh!t does happen, and more often than one would think.

I am always watching crime programes and reading crime storeis, real crime stories and I have came across some real shoddy work.

Shoddy workmanship Ted, shoddy!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

walshb wrote: »

Life's not like Murder she Wrote! Occom's razor anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I would have thought that because it was a different country, one that is part of the eu and that there was media pressure as well that they would have done a more thorough job.

As for the time, with Ireland isn't a week from death to burial/cermation a bit long, the extra time for this I would guess is because the death was in a different country. And anyway if someone that close to you dies 4 days feels like a week that had turned into one long day (time go's right out the window and while your in it, it feels like forever and when is gone is blends into one long day)

I can completely understand why the family choose to do what they did.

Advertisement