Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

ZeroSignal wrote: »

I'll probably go for the same pouches you have. I'm even considering just getting the pouches and just mounting them on a belt. Although, I get the feeling they'd just slide around a lot.

copycat, maybe try with the wide belt and narrow belt without the shoulder harness i need to adjust mine and i'll have a look and see if it would work like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cpt slippyfist

how's it goin just wondering dose anyone know if the ghk gbb ak's are any use:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

more a collectors piece than a skirmish piece from my experience had the ghks74u and fitted the ghk kit into a vfc ak74, hop up is of poor design double feed at best at worst bb are broken in the hop up unit causing lots of problems, lovely sound and function but not the best for play, you could get away with it in cqb but still it would not be the best, also not cheap mags and limit parts

on the up side i love mine even with all its fault :)

excellent loadout tonyj_mc patizan works rather well in spring/summer/autumn in Ireland and is comfortable to boot :)

the smersh is for me very comfortable, you can use the belt on its ow with the gunner yoke but any other yoke would be to be attached to the loops on the pouches (buttpack/magazine pouches normally) i would advice buying the padded section, it is not 100% needed but it add to the iconic look it also adds comfort and helps keep the pouches you use in place, will try and post some pictures tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Puding wrote: »
    excellent loadout tonyj_mc patizan works rather well in spring/summer/autumn in Ireland and is comfortable to boot :)

cheers pudding can't wait to give it an outting, buying russian is addictive as hell, way too much choice :)

• Advertisement

thanks for the info man

lets just pray that WE bring out a ak gbb :)
    cos going by the scar i got WE are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Are Red Forces safe to buy from? http://www.redforces.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_49&page=1&sort=4a

I see they've got both belts for much cheaper than Soviet Army Stuff.

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    cheers pudding can't wait to give it an outting, buying russian is addictive as hell, way too much choice :)

on the plues side buy real russian does not mean you have re mortgage your house :)

Are Red Forces safe to buy from? http://www.redforces.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_49&page=1&sort=4a

I see they've got both belts for much cheaper than Soviet Army Stuff.

i;ve ordered fromn them before, others have had problems with communication but it seemed the owner has had medical problems and was not around, the person left in charge did not 100% know what to do with email or could not read english, but they have a new email address and new help and it seems to have got there act in gear know

they a genuine retailer with a few communications issue but they have stuff for good prices so worth the effort and wait sometimes

review thread for red forces at red alliance: http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=11449.0

Hey guys,

I've decided to get my SMERSH gear and many other things from RedForces.com

I also had a dastardly idea... Fiendish, I might say... I was reading up on the Cold War and the Vietnam War and apparently the Soviet Union had 3,000 troops stationed in Vietnam at any one time. And then I thought, would the Cold Warriors get away with turning up to a Vietnam themed game wearing KLMK oversuits and replicas with wood furniture? :D

Think we could pull it off?
    SR.Stalking.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You should be shot for even implying such a thing. down with that sort of ideas!

I was reading up on the Cold War and the Vietnam War and apparently the Soviet Union had 3,000 troops stationed in Vietnam at any one time.

officially only advisory primarily for sam units there are reports of some showing up in combat but this are all unconfirmed

i do not know how vietnal even would react tbh :) they normally try and keep it very us v nva with clear uniforms to avoid armbands and such

because sovet infantry combat involvement is till unconfirmed without proof i would say you would not be able to do it, then again i rather like the idea and had thought about it myself you could always say its an nva with soviet equipment very much like the US and Afghanistan, the soviet and chines did supply a large volume of supplys after all

officially only advisory primarily for sam units there are reports of some showing up in combat but this are all unconfirmed

i do not know how vietnal even would react tbh :) they normally try and keep it very us v nva with clear uniforms to avoid armbands and such

because sovet infantry combat involvement is till unconfirmed without proof i would say you would not be able to do it, then again i rather like the idea and had thought about it myself you could always say its an nva with soviet equipment very much like the US and Afghanistan, the soviet and chines did supply a large volume of supplys after all

Yeah, apparently there were only 15 or so confirmed Soviet casualties during the Vietnam war.

Fair enough. I just thought it would have been an interesting and an easy way for us to branch out into other types of game for relatively low cost. To be honest I'm not sure arm-bands would have been an issue, anyway, because the kit would be so different from the American ERDL or the South Vietnamese Tiger Stripe. Nice thought, though.

On a related note, anyone know where I can get a KLMK jumpsuit for cheap? Rusmilitary.com is sold out... :\
    Masada wrote: »
    You should be shot for even implying such a thing. down with that sort of ideas!

*yawn*

lads can anyone tell me Wat soviet propaganda are like to order from postage and delivery time etc.......:confused:

Yeah, apparently there were only 15 or so confirmed Soviet casualties during the Vietnam war.

Fair enough. I just thought it would have been an interesting and an easy way for us to branch out into other types of game for relatively low cost. To be honest I'm not sure arm-bands would have been an issue, anyway, because the kit would be so different from the American ERDL or the South Vietnamese Tiger Stripe. Nice thought, though.

On a related note, anyone know where I can get a KLMK jumpsuit for cheap? Rusmilitary.com is sold out... :\

*yawn*

i would not give up on it, there is proof of somke involvment and as i said it could just be nva using russian equipment it is an interesting idea but research would be needed

kmlk can normal be picked up for 60 -80usd you can somtimes times pick them up cheaper but you need to be sharp eyed on ebay for them :)

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_79&products_id=204
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Soviet-KLMK-Sniper-Spetsnaz-Camo-Suit-sz-3_W0QQitemZ390140800021QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad6342c15

lads can anyone tell me Wat soviet propaganda are like to order from postage and delivery time etc.......:confused:

soviet propoganda are excellent to order from dmitry is a god in the russian airsofting community, postage is good from russia not the cheapest but russia unfortunately is not a cheap place to post from at times

shipping takes upto 2 weeks to ireland this is manly due to russian customs, everything needs to be cleared and russian customs are not open that much and not that fast

cool thanks for the info man

think ill make a order itching to get a new Russian load out

rocking gorka at the mo but thunk might go for some flora

nice cheep option:p

pudin was there ever a folding stock version of a rpk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There was, had a folding wooden stock, and the newest polymer models also have folder models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

RPK74 has folding stock variants. as sam says, wood, then later in polymer, but its a ak74 style solid folder as is on the 103 and 104s

cool cos thinking of trying to make one out of my kalash folding stock 74

• Advertisement

pudin was there ever a folding stock version of a rpk

as others have said in the real world there is a folding stock rpk, both a wood and a polymer person, cyma released a nice rpk last year there was talk of the folding stock version on its way but the shut down of the factorys at the end of last year and with chines new year on its way this has been delayed it would seem

only place i;ve seen the cyma rpk for sale
    http://www.taiwangun.com/machinerifles_aeg/cm_051_cm-1639.html

some info on the rpks in the posters section http://www.redbadger.org/russian-posters-equipment/

russian39.jpg
    russian40.jpg
    russian42.jpg

cheers for that pudin

didin even no cyma had one out looks savage is that the only site ye seen them on.

I was always under the impression that the Russian armed forces generally hated the AKS-74U due to its loudness, high recoil and low accuracy and so wouldn't have a place in a "correct" Russian impression. However, I just read most of MilitaryPhotos.net's thread on the Georgian war of 2008 and I'm amazed by the amount of AKS-74Us being used by both sides. And it's not just vehicle crews that are using it either. It looks like regular line troops on both sides and Russian Peace-Keepers are using them. I'll try and round up as many of the photos as I can.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?145019-Russia-vs-Georgia-war-intensive-exclusive-pix%28daily-updated%29

2923215159_41d92e19a0.jpg?v=0

2855804546_213923b992.jpg?v=0

2752479133_4c32a3ae6f.jpg?v=0

2765465521_6d760dc04d.jpg?v=0
    (I wonder what these guys are looking at. :D)

2766329942_7d806fff84.jpg?v=0

2766573622_dc76d823ee.jpg?v=0

00h0wrez.jpg

And this photo made me laugh :D :
    2772375680_280e49de32.jpg?v=0

I was always under the impression that the Russian armed forces generally hated the AKS-74U due to its loudness, high recoil and low accuracy and so wouldn't have a place in a "correct" Russian impression. However, I just read most of MilitaryPhotos.net's thread on the Georgian war of 2008 and I'm amazed by the amount of AKS-74Us being used by both sides. And it's not just vehicle crews that are using it either. It looks like regular line troops on both sides and Russian Peace-Keepers are using them. I'll try and round up as many of the photos as I can.

all the downsides you posted are true and for a lot of units that have the option they would rather not use it mvd vdv gru, but in the Russian army you get what's available most of the time, most of the conscript infantry units would not care/worry about these subjective downsides, it puts lead downrange :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Scrambles_

Are there troops in the pics above wearing woodland MARPAT? 0_o

Scrambles_ wrote: »

Georgian troops in this case, although you do see Russian troops wearing the odd bit they have captured at times

work took a break over Christmas but started working again on some loadouts, brought an eagle industrys armour cover in the sales as a stand in for the russian version, looks almost the same for a fraction of the cost, putting this modern look together with an eye towards the future ta event this year

sorry about the quality of the pictures, sun has already gone in and i got the settings wrong on my camera, will try and get some better quality pics tomorrow

need to rearrange the pouches the armour changes the position of the webbing a little so some adjustment is needed to rearrange things

DSC_70760001.jpg
    DSC_70750001.jpg
    DSC_70780001.jpg
    DSC_70770001.jpg

so reference pictures
    rip41.jpg
    rip07.jpg
    comp_6.jpg

all the downsides you posted are true and for a lot of units that have the option they would rather not use it mvd vdv gru, but in the Russian army you get what's available most of the time, most of the conscript infantry units would not care/worry about these subjective downsides, it puts lead downrange :)

Yeah, but I even hear stuff about vehicle crew members changing their AKS-74Us for normal AK-74Ms out of frustration.
    Scrambles_ wrote: »

As Puding says, they're Georgian. Although there was one hilarious incident involving a VDV unit in a Georgian military base... :D

http://georgiandaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6561&Itemid=65

I can't find pictures, unfortunately.

just updated my post i did not post the pictures correctly i doubles up the webbing picture incorrectly, know done correctly :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice job pud,
    I wouldnt mind putting together a modern russian loadout myself., the second last pic there looks like a cool loadout.,:)

Advertisement