Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What aeg shall we produce today?

MOAR LEGO RIFILS!

I'd love a vss, I hope ares or some crowd makes one, if there can be two ppsh's there can be a vss.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

More than the VSS, I'd like to see an AS Val:
    http://world.guns.ru/assault/as10-e.htm

as_val1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ZeroSignal wrote: »

one for the stalker fans as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What aeg shall we produce today?

MOAR LEGO RIFILS!

We NEED more M4's though Sam, one that has one more inch of rail space than the last edition and for a cut price 100 increase in price:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Blay wrote: »
    We NEED more M4's though Sam, one that has one more inch of rail space than the last edition and for a cut price 100 increase in price:pac:
    Space to mount your new multicam RIS kitchen sink? :P

After nattering away to Puding, it turns out one of my drug induced gun mod ideas is real....

Currently converting 74 bakalites to 15 rounders, and modifying the rifle... watch this space ;) A kitten'd project awaits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

ZeroSignal wrote: »

as_val1.jpg

Same gun, different stock, they could do both.

Tbh wouldnt mind a bolty of that... with a decent silencer built into the barrel, it could be as its meant to be... silent, and accurate. Perfect urban sniper weapon.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Tbh wouldnt mind a bolty of that... with a decent silencer built into the barrel, it could be as its meant to be... silent, and accurate. Perfect urban sniper weapon.

have to agree, i had also always hoped for a spring version, from the point of view it would mean you would not have a problem getting a gearbox in and built it the right size, also it just screams ot be silent, also i would imagine it would be cheaper to develop

I think my A&K svd may become a little project...

Here's the preview of whats being done to my poor 74 so far... As Puding showed me in his venerable collection of photographs, they are used in this config... the silencer is coming soon, and the internals are already done up

7mm bearings, g&P
    g&p polycarb piston and silent head
    guarder shims
    short systema turbo motor
    guarder soft hop rubber & H hop bucking
    Prometheus 6.03 Tightbore.
    Custom made 50 round '15 round' Bakalite magazine as per used.

(PBS4 silencer to come)

AK74NSR.jpg
    Comments?

• Advertisement

Looks fairly slick. Not a fan of those short mags but that scope is awesome. Is it the real thing?

Da komrad, PSO-1 :)

http://www.redforces.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=336&osCsid=piucjljoh8p41bllt76an9jnj3

VVZdigital.jpg

just in at redforces Waterproof suit (digital flora), something for zero maybe considering the Irish climit at time

Holy do want, Batman! :eek:

Not what you'd call cheap, though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

OOoooh, Russian ACU, nice. :)

Masada wrote: »

Unlike UCP, Russian Digital is actually useful in preventing the deaths of soldiers, rather than causing them. :p

how on earth is it close to acu :) cadpat maybe ;)

Too much time staring at tan guns... thats green not grey...

Oh and Lemming says you've clearly gone 'tanblind' ;)

The Final photos of my DMR akm project... went with the AKM look more for the look, rather than the 74 down teo calibre... irelevant in airsoft, but i like the style more. Shooting 1j, and after testing today, shes doing headshots at 40m, and 50m bodyshots easily. Rock and roll :D

firekittenakdmr.jpg

looking good, unusual but based on real life, i prefer the ak74 short mag myself it maybe because i've seen them in real life more than the akm shorts, perfect for urban sniper or spotter for svd equipped sniper

• Advertisement

Or teaming up with the (hopefully PKM (S&S limited edition)) weilding boyfriend as a support pair for our little South Welsh stroll in May :)

Or teaming up with the (hopefully PKM (S&S limited edition)) weilding boyfriend as a support pair for our little South Welsh stroll in May :)

sounds good :) where did he manage to dig up a pkm

Planning on borrowing it off a mutual friend... hey, its lemming... when does he go to a game without something rediculously heavy and full of bbs? :D Comusoft is no different :)

Planning on borrowing it off a mutual friend... hey, its lemming... when does he go to a game without something rediculously heavy and full of bbs? :D Comusoft is no different :)

very true :) i'm shore he does not need reminding to keep it as far away from myself as possible :P

interesting series for anyone looking for a bit of referance for modern russian

just one part of a russian tv series on chechnya goes from corny to rather gripping no subtitled version yet, but and interesting watch, i think the whole series is on youtube, enough thought its in russian still a fun watch :)

Edit: apparently not a tv series but a film in the same vain as 9th company

Edit again: been doing a bit of looking about this and based on the battle for hight 776 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Height_776

Warning Some Graphic Content at times

sorry pictures are massive will ajust size tomorrow

Replica helmet ZSH 1-2M
    http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=13325.0
    PIC-0341.jpg
    PIC-0353.jpg

Replica 6b7 Helmets
    http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=13985.0

37_21_01_10_1_42_18.jpg
    37_21_01_10_1_42_58.jpg
    37_21_01_10_1_42_58.jpg

It's a really cool idea, but for €80 those 6b7 helmets are a bit expensive. Especially since they don't come with any internals or screws and the test didn't survive a 2m fall... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just a question about the Kalash AKs. Is it possible to change the stocks on them from a wooden fixed to a metal folding one or vice versa and is it straight forward enough to do? I'm not familiar with AKs at all and I'm thinking of adding a few few to the collection. From what I can see the Kalash range seem the most realistic being clones of the VFC range.

Just a question about the Kalash AKs. Is it possible to change the stocks on them from a wooden fixed to a metal folding one or vice versa and is it straight forward enough to do? I'm not familiar with AKs at all and I'm thinking of adding a few few to the collection. From what I can see the Kalash range seem the most realistic being clones of the VFC range.

1. Nah, I think you'd have to do some changes to the inside of the receiver and make an assembly to hold the stock catch. Hard work, probably.

2. Yeah, they're very realistic but I've had problems with both that I owned. Stuff like gear-boxes randomly jamming and sometimes unjamming. Plus, you basically can't get them in Ireland until April or so. Loads of lads on my team are looking for them and since we can't we've decided to go for the full-steel, VFC clone Cymas. http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=11245.0

When I get one I'll let you know how it compares to the Kalash's I had.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have an RK06S AK74N with the fixed stock currently tracked down, its the only one I could find in stock. If I were to get a Kalash I wanted to get the newer models with the stamped steel receivers. They seem to be out everywhere apart from the one I found.

I didn't think the CYMAs were any use to even consider.

Advertisement