Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers thanks for the info, Yep was looking at that ebay shop before.
    Will order one in a few paychecks time!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

just to help you out with any mounts or optics

Clamp Adjustments

nothing new on my front been trying to get a review of the cyam akm and refinish the battleaxe wood done and types up but a lot going on with work, thought i would just share some videos that came to my attention..

DSC_60800001.jpg
    DSC_62820001.jpg
    DSC_62850001.jpg
    DSC_62840001.jpg

been playing about with refinishing the acm orange wood i got for the a&k svd, just sanding and ink wash so far, looks glossy in pictures but nice and matt in real life, flash photography is not helping will try and get some pictures in day life when we finally get some :)

added wear and tear to the wood along with carved gratify like i've been in some photography, the ink washs are starting to really high light all the knock and bumbs and imperfections

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I recently finished the refinishing of my kalash's finish, lol.

Re did the grips to a nice red colour, and the wood on my rpk, must stick up a couple of pics soon.

AS val? lovely, wonder how its made, is it commercial or a custom?

• Advertisement

custom made using real steel as base, thread over at airsoftgun.ru http://www.airsoftgun.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=65743 , throw it into Google and the translation is not bad, expensive 4000 euros + all custom made his own system, tried to sell them commercially i believe but never took off, you wonder why at that bargain price, i hope a cheaper version is out in the future would be nice :), i know ting from RMW is working on either a PKM Bizon or VSS but he will not tell me what one yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Sorry guys, no pics of our Russian Digital camo in action. By the time we got around to taking photos it was way too dark and no one had any comparable digital patterns today (we didn't count the chap in UCP :P).

A vintorez is definitely top of the list of guns I'd love to see made for airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

lads was thinking of doing a russian load out to go along with my recently bought AK74, was looking at maybe getting partisan bdu was just curios as to what vest would be best match this camo? any ideas?

partizan is an excellent choice :) if you do go with it you will not be disappointed, for the camo and any webbing i would recommend dmitry over at soviet propaganda http://tmp.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_47 (just the temp site for the new website he is making but good for browsing)

in terms of your load bearing it depends if your looking for a specific look or impression or just generic with practicality, russian load bearing is generally very simple and to the point, its about ammo with very little room for luxury and 101 types of pouch for your ipod :rolleyes:

a good all round option is smersh, it is the Russian webbing system and is very customizable and very comfortable to use , i like it as it keeps everything off my chest great if you spend a lot of time crawling about :)

smersh webbing
    img_0436b7ka.jpg

if your looking at more conventional vest design then two good options are
    the Nerpa assaul vest
    logo09ct4.jpg
    or the old but very good TARZAN M22 assault vest
    tarzan_m22khaki.jpg

for chest rigs you have the old reliable PIONEER M23 chest rig
    M23used.jpg
    or the newer Eger
    9261e8ef37fc.jpg

another consideration is lovely grad 2 a little old design but still very good
    lbv_ana_grad-2.jpg

• Advertisement

svd wood nearly finished, need to get some pictures in day light as flash is going it no favours at the moment and add some matt varnish

DSC_62990001.jpg
    DSC_63000001.jpg

cheers puding, given me lots of infor there ah well another night on the internet looking up russian loadouts :D

think i'm liking the smersh or the grad

Partizan on way AK74 in hands and will be order the smersh webbing set over the next week or so, strange though i looked up partizan camo on BING
    BingScreenDump.jpg number 13, not too bad :) you get around puding seen ya on a couple of the eastern bloc websites i've been lurking on for the last week or so

i have to agree its interesting where your pictures turn up sometimes :) i found one of mine being used on the berget forum the other day, been trying to organize then a bit more, added a section on the website for my pictures of gear, have a look if you want http://www.redbadger.org/russian-tactical-equipment/

Just ordered the the smersh webbing, jebus can't help meself :)

Anyone know of anywhere I can get Digital Flora webbing/vests etc?

I'm thinking the best way to go might be just a couple of Digital Flora pouches around my waist if I can't find a vest. :/

i;ve seen some 6sh92 done in digital flora but not that common, i would email dmitry and if anyone can pick one up it will be him

also molle digital flora cover http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_17&products_id=192

russia is not known for its matching loadbearing and camo at time :) i would run with what works for you

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere I can get Digital Flora webbing/vests etc?

I'm thinking the best way to go might be just a couple of Digital Flora pouches around my waist if I can't find a vest. :/

a few new bits of digital flora gear poping up, looks good for dmitry stocking more in the future

3 day assult pack
    http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_43&products_id=210

example of pouch
    http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_57_59&products_id=214

Would I become ostracised by the Russian themed Airsoft community if I used one of these as my side-arm?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-m93r-ii-1st-version-gbb-pistol.html

I think the main reason for wanting it is the burst fire on the Helghast pistol in Killzone. :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4rjOSweqUA

seems a bit hit and miss looking for a side arm, i've heard some of the units using glocks, not 100% sure though any ideas on a reasonable priced eastern bloc back up or just hope for the best?

• Advertisement

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    seems a bit hit and miss looking for a side arm, i've heard some of the units using glocks, not 100% sure though any ideas on a reasonable priced eastern bloc back up or just hope for the best?

Well, I find Glocks impossible to hold. As in, if I try my hand just cramps up, drops the gun and I burst into flames. :p

I have been trying to get a Scorpion for several months now, but I can't get them anywhere! I find them to be supremely comfortable and I love everything about them. You just can't get them any more. :(

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Well, I find Glocks impossible to hold. As in, if I try my hand just cramps up, drops the gun and I burst into flames. :p

I have been trying to get a Scorpion for several months now, but I can't get them anywhere! I find them to be supremely comfortable and I love everything about them. You just can't get them any more. :(

I'm a bit of a glock fan (understatement) but can't bring myself to bring it out with my russian gear, might get AKSU just to have a small back up

but yeah its a b1tch to get the scorpian alrite.:mad:

I'm a bit of a glock fan (understatement) but can't bring myself to bring it out with my russian gear, might get AKSU just to have a small back up

but yeah its a b1tch to get the scorpian alrite.:mad:

You're grand using Glocks with a Russian Spetsnaz type load-out. The Russians train using Glocks and their police are allowed to carry them instead of the ageing Makarov.

AKS-74Us, however, are universally hated by the Russian military. It would make less sense to use a AKS-74U than a Glock. :)

didn't realise about the AKSU they really hate them that much, right pistol pouch to be ordered now :)

If its not the skorp I carry as a side its one of two bling bling 1911's, my secret shame.

I might get a ppk and do a mak-alike though.

If its not the skorp I carry as a side its one of two bling bling 1911's, my secret shame.

I might get a ppk and do a mak-alike though.

for shame, for shame just kidding, if i got my hands on a PPk i'd be following the hawks lead and skirmish in a suit :D

Link

There I made up for it, new desktop for anyone interested :D

I also have a gp30 manual in pdf format, in russian, but with lovely instructional diagrams.

Maybe thats a nice image for redbadger puding?

Even more here down the page: http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6322&sid=cec936844a7e3926c2b519468abb887b

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

How are you guys at id'ing Russian military badges?

Not that bad, do you have a picture?

• Advertisement

didn't realise about the AKSU they really hate them that much, right pistol pouch to be ordered now :)

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. I can't remember any of the ridiculous nicknames the Russians gave it, though. Something along the lines of "b*tch" and "cigarette butt". :D

A good few good links if you want your Russian load-out to be accurate:
    http://www.illinoisairsoft.com/index.php?topic=3234.0
    http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=7601.0
    thermo wrote: »
    How are you guys at id'ing Russian military badges?

Try us. :)

Advertisement