Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options
  • 16-10-2009 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

( due to a number of threads that have been high jacked by Russian/Soviet discussion of late, i thought it would be nice to have a home of Russian/Soviet airsoft in Ireland and to provide a counter point to the increasing dominance of competitive airsoft in Ireland of late :) )

Introduction
    This Thread is for discussion on Russian/Soviet themed impression in airsoft and Russian/Soviet themed airsoft in airsoft, It is to encourage accurate impressions and events.

The thread is for people to ask questions and advice, for debate, and for constructive criticize on impressions.

Guidelines
    Some Guidelines, not rules but just guidelines for a happy life, nothing to do with mods and not official in anyway just my thoughts.

- No politics!
    - have respect and knowledge for your subject
    - Expect constructive criticism of impressions, we are looking to encourage accuracy so if you turn up in Russian camo but a g36 expect to have this pointed out
    - IF you are giving offer criticism keep it constructive, don't just say 'that is wrong your a noob' offer feedback and advice and explain why something is wrong and be friendly
    - try and keep all images to a sensible size 800 - 600 or use a thumb nail if you would like to post larger pictures

Resources
    Russian Gear Discussion, Part 1 ( arnies )
    Russian Gear Discussion, Part 2 ( arnies )
    AK & Variants Picture Thread, Mk. IV (arnies )
    AK & Variants Picture Thread, Mk. V ( arnies )
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Impressions., Shadow of Chernobyl ( arnies )
    Red Alliance
    Military Photos
    Soviet Propaganda
    Red Force
    Red Zone
    Rus Military
    Kalinkaoptics
    RedBadger coming soon

More to come...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Camo Guide

afgan.jpg
    Mabuta (1st.pattern)
    Primarily VDV paratrooper BDUs from the 1980s used thought out the afgan war.
    Availability: Rare
    Source: Ebay - Soviet Propaganda - Red Alliance Adverts - Militaria Shows
    Alternative: Splav VDV Set
    Additional Information 1
    Additional Information 2
    klmk.jpg
    klmkaction.jpg
    KLMK Oversuit
    Availability:
    Source:
    Related Items:
    VSR3.jpg
    vsr2.jpg
    vsr1.jpg
    VSR
    Availability:
    Source:
    tigr.jpg
    vsraction.jpg
    Tigr
    Availability:
    Source:
    les.jpg
    lesaction.jpg
    LES
    Availability:
    Source:
    reed.jpg
    Reed
    Availability:
    Source:
    FLORA.jpg
    floraaction.jpg
    Flora
    Availability:
    Source:
    smog.jpg
    smogaction.jpg
    Smog
    Availability:
    Source:

berezka.jpg
    berezkaaction.jpg
    Berezka
    Availability:
    Source:
    partizansummer.jpg
    partizansummersub.jpg
    partizansummeraction.jpg
    Partizan Summer
    Availability:
    Source:
    partizanautum.jpg
    Partizan Autumn
    Availability:
    Source:
    flectarnd.jpg
    flectarndaction.jpg
    Flektarn D
    Availability:
    Source:
    Izom.jpg
    Izomaction.jpg
    Izom
    Availability:
    Source:
    digitalflora.jpg
    digitalfloraaction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Excelent Idea Puidinski, may the duty car never come for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cool idea Puding,
    I was gonna PM the mods and see how they felt about a loadouts section where we would have individual threads all about building a loadout. this works though. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Cool idea Puding,
    I was gonna PM the mods and see how they felt about a loadouts section where we would have individual threads all about building a loadout. this works though. :)

was my thinking, the same format could easly be apllyed to any area/unit/subject, e.g SEALS USMC, WW2, Vietnam

• Advertisement

You need an arnies account to view them

Firekitten wrote: »
    You need an arnies account to view them

yes sorry should have mentioned, a account is need for arnies, but well worth the 2 minutes it takes to sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Some nice links there I didn't know about, thanks man.

will get the ball rolling :) been working on customizing mt a&k for a 2nd chechen war impression, waiting for the svd wood to turn up for the stock is currently saying hello to irish customs, i did not fancy paying 150euros for a real svd polymer set so i thought i would customise the existing handguard to match the real steel, first attempt the shine is from the glue used and will be getting a coat of pray paint in the end, rather pleased with getting the spacing right :)

inspiration
    sniper_01.jpg

original polymer
    blacksvd01.jpg

my attempt
    DSC_60350001.jpg

• Advertisement

A good idea Pud, would be using cut strips of plasticard.... or, using an expoy polymer and taking a dremel to the resulting raised section.

I'll look into ways of getting it accurate... I happen to be a bit experienced with similar stuff in the past.

have to agree the wire is not perfect, for v2 im looking to use some 2mm brass rod

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Also, may I ask: was thinking about putting on a nice shiny dark glossy finish for my AK's pot metal body, any hints anyone? :D

Ask Sam... hes the expert... Car shop, a gloss spray with a clear top coat would be about right,.. atleast thats what i remember he said he did... Ask him... he's around here somewhere.

Don't forget the rest of the gun... handguard caps, gas tube, barrel etc...

Would I have to strip the AK?

possibly... it wouldnt hurt....

Best to take the metal parts... apart, and strip them down and then prepare the surface before spraying.

have to agree with firekitten, sam has recently done what you would like to try with great results im shore he can help, i would assume it would be better to strip your ak before painting to get the best result

what model and type of ak are you looking to do this to? i would say an aks74?

Kalash AKS-74U, real wood handguard, pot metal body.

Have to? Oh cheers, you say that like its a bad thing sweetie :)

Thing is... I do agree that the shinier look is more... real, but the texture of the kalash steel body I like myself... I prefer it in the end. Personal choice really.

following on from feed back, a camo/uniform guide has been started in the first few post of this thread so check for updates, if anyone else wants to help out and post information or links they would like to add i will throw it up as well

DSC_60370001.jpg
    did not turn out to bad in the end once painted, will strip down and replace with brass rods as the slight bends are driving me mad but the theory is sound

• Advertisement

Like it Pud... Like the bipod too... Real steel or the new acm one?

It's the acm version (I know I can be crazy at times but 300usd for a real steel bipod was madness ) we got a few in for the shop as we sold a far few svds so I picked one up at the same time for my real sword and a&k, very solid finish is closer to the gloss black of the realsword very impressed, will try and get a few better pictures tomorrow

PM inbound.

They look good, but mostly i cant see myself using it... It would be grand for urban stuff, but When greenside, I tend to dispise bipods, going for sandsock or my hand. But hey, offtopic :)

I'm begining work on an sv98 atm, will post up photos when i get started :)

Your right there is practicality level is not high for. In urban or for an op it could have it's use, but in woodland it has it's limitations

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

This is an excellent post if you want to know what the VDV are using right now. :)

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=7601.0

I know zero was using the thread for referance, the orginal thread is a little old (2007) know but a great resource, if you take your time to read the complete thread it well worth it good guide to 1990 - 2000 vdb

check out #red_aliance on Quakenet (IRC) for fun russian gear and airsoft chat.... we dont bite :)

For painting a kalash its real easy to strip down.

For the aksu raise the top cover removing bolt return spring arm, pull bolt back to rear to remove, the cover being up allows the upper fore grip be removed, then swing up the little arm on the lower grip to remove.

Unscrew pistol grip screw, and using a pliers screw out the selector switch axle.

With the grip off and selector, take out the plastic wedge holding hop up back, its in front and top of it, now push hop forward and lift out gearbox.

Optionally, punch out the silver rivets in body so to keep em silver, and taking off the stock button is easy too, just wedge out its spring and jiggle it out, you can see how it works with gearbox removed.

IMPORTANT: hop and barrel can be left in but wrap the hop well in tissue and tape protecting it from paint, none should get on or in it, also plug up the barrel with something safe to do so, any thing that stops paint, avoid painting the muzzle threads!

Get some very light sand paper, go over the body just to get a keyed surface for your new coat, I find the old paint job is as good as a primer to paint to, clean off the dust now thoroughly, don't use water!

I got a cheap gloss black in a car shop, hycote its called, its a generic colour like the wheel silver, matt black etc. so is cheap, but tough.

Paint one side of the gun then the other, and do several not too heavy layers (I give it about 10-15 mins between coats), if the paint pools or drips thats way too much at a time, practice on something first, seriously.

After a few coats leave it dry fully over night, optionally use a gloss laquer, also made by hycote, sold in auto shops, to get a very shiny finish, but I think the gloss black is enough. If using the laquer be warned, it will look like you havn't sprayed any on, when it looks like you have, its too much, this stuff goes on matt looking, so just trust that it is going on, don't spray 'til it looks wet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62482092&postcount=579

Not my best pics as camera was set arseways from a site visit outside, but I may do a few proper ones again.

Puding wrote: »
    following on from feed back, a camo/uniform guide has been started in the first few post of this thread so check for updates, if anyone else wants to help out and post information or links they would like to add i will throw it up as well

DSC_60370001.jpg
    did not turn out to bad in the end once painted, will strip down and replace with brass rods as the slight bends are driving me mad but the theory is sound

Amazing, maybe do a guide?

• Advertisement

Amazing, maybe do a guide?

not really much to it, could not go out yesterday so just used what i had around the house, wire supper glue and black spray paint, i will try and do i guide with attempt two as im looking to use solid rod for this attempt, just trial and error to get spacing right to match pictures

better pictures of handguard and bipod

DSC_60550001.jpg
    DSC_60480001_1.jpg
    DSC_60510001.jpg

Advertisement