Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Maybe ABS rods and some ABS weld? If the handguard is ABS it would just become part of the handguard.

I don't know where you would order raw ABS for modelling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Can usually get it from a model shop that does remote control cars... can typically get sheet abs, and plasticard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Could anyone tell me what pistols the spetsnaz use?

Sr-1 Vektor, the SPS (Samozaryadnyj Pistolet Serdjukova) Is one of the popular ones I belive, or the standard russian issue Yarygin PYa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Could anyone tell me what pistols the spetsnaz use?

Kinda depends on what spetsnaz units we are talking about, spetsnaz is really an umbrella turn, and used to refer to 'special purpose units', nearly ever arm of the armed forces in russia has access to there own spetsnaz units, for the normal army they can range in use and comparable from the royal marines to the sas in terms of function/ability, for interior forces they act more as swat thought to sas counter revolutionary.

You will manly find pistols in use by the interior forces where as in the 'army' spetsnaz will deliberately resemble they units there working with or around and pistols would not normal be used other than for mission specific reason or personal purchase.

The makarov pm and its family are the closest your going to come to an issue pistol.

• Advertisement

a few pictures from my collection, can't find the specific ones from combat in Chechnya i have all these are from training
    erhrlw9m0sgxqy4ok1f8_thumb.jpg
    f4xr84vxgsoxdp0q0wwc_thumb.jpg
    c5hwajxqnccrv6l8a3b_thumb.jpg
    qqh21sum8iwgqel830t1_thumb.jpg

f4xr84vxgsoxdp0q0wwc.jpg
    "Ok Dimitri, I get it! I get it! We can't all wear the same to house party's in future, now stop banging my head against this shield!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Puding wrote: »
    not really much to it, could not go out yesterday so just used what i had around the house, wire supper glue and black spray paint, i will try and do i guide with attempt two as im looking to use solid rod for this attempt, just trial and error to get spacing right to match pictures

better pictures of handguard and bipod

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/irishpuding/DSC_60550001.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/irishpuding/DSC_60480001_1.jpg]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/irishpuding/DSC_60510001.jpg

I'm not quite sure what we are looking at Puding? is it the grip looking thing on the front?
    Love the Wooden furniture though. it makes the Dragunov look a lot more realistic.

The wooden SVD is his Real Sword.... The lined part is the modificatiob he made to the a&K to simulate the modern synthetic handguard of the svd.

Masada wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure what we are looking at Puding? is it the grip looking thing on the front?
    Love the Wooden furniture though. it makes the Dragunov look a lot more realistic.

lol, poor richie.

See the problem with your armalites and flashy bolt on stuff is that its so over the top you miss the subtleties of a good replica :P

Basically, the ribs on the fore 2 inches of the polymer Dragunov grip are hand made by puding, the a&k lacks these, but they are on the real one.

• Advertisement

You know Sam, I think this is why all the ar15 lovers dont apreciate the nuances of the Ak...... They are looking for the kitchen sink, the tv, and the instruction manual, and it looks too basic to possibly work... If american ingeuity cant function with less..... nobody else can!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Firekitten wrote: »
    You know Sam, I think this is why all the ar15 lovers dont apreciate the nuances of the Ak...... They are looking for the kitchen sink, the tv, and the instruction manual, and it looks too basic to possibly work... If american ingeuity cant function with less..... nobody else can!

As somebody somewhere - whom I can't recall - remarked once; only an american would think of putting a carrying handle on an assault rifle. They do like their creature comforts.

If thats the RS SVD i certainly am glad i didnt fork out for one when i was going to.:)

i remember we were talkin about the wood kit from PX Puding, thats why i thought at a glance that you had got one in., :)

If thats the RS SVD i certainly am glad i didnt fork out for one when i was going to.:)

i remember we were talkin about the wood kit from PX Puding, thats why i thought at a glance that you had got one in., :)
    Glad?

its gorgeous when you hold it Masada.... Beautiful accurate replica.

The real sword is correct, its the A&K thats wrong.

my px wood finally turned up, its about the same as a lot of the chinasoft wood, its some soft wood rather orange finish, the real sword wood if far superior but then again it cost a lot lot more, comparing the battleaxe wood to the real sword is like comparing an ikea table to regency rosewood table, but with a refinish and some aging it will turn out fine, it fits well and adds a nice balance to the long svd

real sword on the top and a&k svd at the bottom

DSC_60590001.jpg
    DSC_60750001.jpg
    DSC_60670001.jpg
    DSC_60800001.jpg
    DSC_60790001.jpg
    DSC_60710001.jpg

In those pics the RS metal finish looks more realistic too. The new looking matt on the A&K looks a little out of place with that wood huh.,:)

frankly both look far too new! hehe

Yeah the real sword looks fantastic, wouldn't fork out for one myself though for one aeg, lovely as it is.

Considering what I tend to spend on guns? I might get one... looks nice.

• Advertisement

its just the normal thick gloss that is thrown on the china soft stuff, a couple of hours at the weekend with a matt finish and weathering will do it a world of difference.

at the moment i an not bring myself to weather the real sword, its actually wearing rather naturally at the moment so i might just leave it at that :)

will get the loadout side of this thread started and hopefully some more people will start posting :)

modern day russian infantry, izom and smersh based on pictures from dagestan pictures, front picture with webbing did not come out to well as taken on a timer so need to retake them

izom-1.jpg

still wip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Here's something I just finished making and safety testing that might be of interest to you soviet softers. Hardly the most practical of facemasks given how awful it is to run around in a gas mask but fun for a stalker style skirmish perhaps.

russiangasmaskairsoftve.jpg

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Here's something I just finished making and safety testing that might be of interest to you soviet softers. Hardly the most practical of facemasks given how awful it is to run around in a gas mask but fun for a stalker style skirmish perhaps.

great i like it :) been thinking about doing the same for a stalker look

200609041506330pbfwhite2.jpg
    200609041506330pbfwhite3.jpg
    always think it looks like the mask from half life 2

First thing I did was shoot out one of the eyes in my mask trying to see if the glass was strong enough for skirmishing (it's not, shards of glass everywhere)

The glass in the eyes of those masks is really easy to remove though, so after that it was just a simple matter of cutting some spare mesh to fit. Mesh has the advantage of adding a bit of extra ventilation (big deal if you're gonna be running around in a gasmask, obviously not so great in a real one) and avoiding fogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Looking good, Puding.

I might have some pictures of our boys when we get our BDUs. :D

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Looking good, Puding.

I might have some pictures of our boys when we get our BDUs. :D

looking forward to seeing them, that the the thread is for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Only spotted this thread now!

Quickie If I buy a POSP Will it directly mount to the A&K SVD ?

I was not sure if you needed an additional piece the goes onto the receiver before
    you mount the scope. Have seen the likes of this little thing sold separately
    for POSP`s

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALZA-LATERAL-PARA-SKS-SVD-TIGER_W0QQitemZ290327636262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_186?hash=item4398e02926

Maybe the aditional piece if for those who want to mount the scope to a different rifle.

no need for a new mounting plate like you linked to

the a&k svd already comes with a side rail for you to mount optics too, all you need to do is make shore the optics have the right clamp for a svd as the svd and ak mounts for the posp site at differant highs

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sniper-Rifle-Scope-SKS-PSL-Romak-3-SVD-POSP-4x24-M_W0QQitemZ120482660152QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0d537f38

there is a clone posp out there but for the price you might as well get the real deal its 100% better than the clone for not much more

im at work at the moment so can not post that much but when i get home i can put up some more information

• Advertisement

Even with the clone POSP scope you can adjust the clamp on the scope to fit nicely to the A&K rail. Takes a bit of fiddling, but once you get it right it'll fit on nicely. Pudding's probably right real POSP might be better but I'm happy enough with my clone one.

Advertisement