Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Well i found my next loadout anyway :)

Cheers puding.
    At the same time, i hate you.
    The cosssst!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

first two pictures are from Dagestan conflict and bottom is from tactical competition in russia, more reference pictures of Dagestan middle group

http://www.redbadger.org/russian-infantry-3/

photos are of a friend of a regular poster on military photos who was KIA in the conflict so respect is needed when using the content

All i know is, when i get money sorted out for other stuff i've bought, i'm all over, eh, i don't know if the name is the actual name of the camo, or just what the site has to catalog it, but this
    I'm guessing that site are grand to buy off seeming how you've linked them on your site Puding?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

All i know is, when i get money sorted out for other stuff i've bought, i'm all over, eh, i don't know if the name is the actual name of the camo, or just what the site has to catalog it, but this
    I'm guessing that site are grand to buy off seeming how you've linked them on your site Puding?

It's SS-Summer pattern (says so in the link :cool:). It's your typical Spetsnaz type gear.

If you're into getting a replica version of the helmet they use, a good Cheapsoft way would be getting one of these Viper RS-04 helmets, taking off the visor and spraying it green and it should look a hell of a lot like a Sphera helmet. :)

http://www.bikerparadise.com/acatalog/Open-face_helmets.html

I've heard loads of times that Soviet Propaganda are safe to buy from but I've never had any dealings with them, personally.

soviet propoganda is a great place to buy always reliable and great customer service, put dmitry into msn and he will answer all your questions until your happy, if something is not on the site or a size you want he will try his best to get it so a 5 star retailer for me, there are a few shady retailer out there in the russian market so best to stick to the ones with good reviews http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0 <<-- check out retailor reviews

no replica of sphera is out there yet and real one are 500usd+ at time, you can pick up a replica maska helmet as well http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=6006.660 but there about 300usd both are heavy as hell, nice replica but more a collectors piece as zero said your best bet is to get something like the viper helmet the look is almost the same, about 50usd and available in a lot of sizes, a coat of spray paint and you have the look

• Advertisement

put together some much better pictures

rifileman
    pudingrussian1.jpg
    gorka 3 in ss summer
    flora cap
    eagle industry soft body armour cover
    smersh belt yoke and padded section
    2* smersh ak pouchs
    1*smersh nato pattern canten pouchs
    1* smersh buttpack
    1* smersh first aid pouch

support gunner (for when they finally release a pkm untill then its for an m249
    pudingrussian2.jpg
    gorka 3 in ss summer
    flora cap
    eagle industry soft body armour cover
    smersh belt and padded section
    Smersh molle yoke with mesh
    2* smersh pkm pouch 1
    2* smersh pkm pouch 2
    1* smersg buttpack

and a bit of fun
    pudingrussian3.jpg

edit: ignore jeans, i could not be assed to change them as well

Jeans are decadent symbols of the West. I am very disappointed with you, Comrade Puding... :D

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    ... Although there was one hilarious incident involving a VDV unit in a Georgian military base... :D

http://georgiandaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6561&Itemid=65

I can't find pictures, unfortunately.

Found one of the pictures for those who care:
    610xrn5.jpg

EDIT: What that doesn't show is the piles of piles of abandoned Russian equipment in the courtyard and a follow-up picture of some smug looking VDV troops with a look of "someone gonna get false-flagged, BOYEEE" or the Russian equivalent. I thought it was hilarious. :D

been doing some work for redbadger.org but i can post the stuff hear as well

russiancamogorkaesssummer.jpg
    gorka e ss summer

russiancamogorkaessauturm.jpg
    gorka e ss autumn

russiancamoflecktarnd.jpg
    Flecktarn D

russiancamoizom.jpg
    Parashutist 3M (izlom) suit

russiancamoizompuding.jpg

Two quick questions, Puding:

I've seen Izlom once or twice but never on an actual Russian soldier. Who wears it or is it just a random commercial camo?

And any news on your Red Dawn project?

• Advertisement

Two quick questions, Puding:

I've seen Izlom once or twice but never on an actual Russian soldier. Who wears it or is it just a random commercial camo?

And any news on your Red Dawn project?

izlom is relatively new, have a few pictures of it in use will try and dig them up, you can actually see it in the reference pictures above, there wearing islom with gorka e flecktarn d trousers

red dawn is ticking over, at the moment snowed under with work after Christmas is a nasty time at bord gais so most of the time when i get home i don;t feel like doing much, but its still in the works, want to have information and stuff in place well before the ta event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cpt slippyfist

puding i want that rpk :D

Masada wrote: »
    Nice job pud,
    I wouldnt mind putting together a modern russian loadout myself., the second last pic there looks like a cool loadout.,:)

:eek: new ye would see the light in the end rich :p

puding i want that rpk :D

cyma rpk CM.051

http://www.taiwangun.com/machinerifles_aeg/cm_051_cm-1639.html only place i've found it so far, apparently exclusive

lovely bit of kit solid as a rock, only issue is battery storage but a good quality lipo solves that

Spent most of last night bookmarking stuff to buy, Russian Loadout is happening...

I notice there's a tan SCAR and an m16(or sr25, well Armalite) in the backround of some pics, is that just to get the likes of Richie to look at the picture, and perhaps at the same time they might Notice the Russian gear?

Puding wrote: »
    cyma rpk CM.051

http://www.taiwangun.com/machinerifles_aeg/cm_051_cm-1639.html only place i've found it so far, apparently exclusive

lovely bit of kit solid as a rock, only issue is battery storage but a good quality lipo solves that

ye was lookin at it on the link ye put up for me think its my next buy
    wear they ok to order from

ye was lookin at it on the link ye put up for me think its my next buy
    wear they ok to order from

i had no problem myself, ordering is a little funny you need to put the order down as pick up from the shop and then ask for a quote on shipping to ireland via email, if you do order and have any problem let me know and i will try and help as the system can be a little strange first time
    I notice there's a tan SCAR and an m16(or sr25, well Armalite) in the backround of some pics, is that just to get the likes of Richie to look at the picture, and perhaps at the same time they might Notice the Russian gear?

love the theory :) might have to use this more in the future :P

cool nice one man.

while were talking bout rpk's I'm
    on the Hunt for a new chest rig any recommendations
    on one that will take the rpk mags

puding don't mean to be a pest bout this rpk just wondering how much it cost ye with delivery and all just so i no Wat price I'm looking at.

so i no Wat i have to scrape together :p

Okay guys. We need some help.

We are a modern Russian VDV based team and we are looking to get some of the modern patches that the VDV would be wearing now/near future. According to the patches section here the Russian VDV now use a round patch on the right shoulder. I'm assuming that this is it?
    http://www.redforces.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=228

Does anyone know where we can get unit patches for the left shoulder and see a selection of them?

Just for my own research: would the VDV use AKS-74Us? I know the AK-74M is the standard Russian small arm but would officers, combat engineers and the like be issued them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

cool nice one man.

rpk 45 rounders? Any ak vest using velcro or a two button design, most are designed to be able to take them.

cool nice one man.

PIONEER M23 is a good choice http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_64&products_id=81 alone with a TARZAN M22 http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-equip_vests.htm , most vest will fit the rpk mags just be aware that they will stick out and can get rather bulky and restrict movement at best, smersh with rpk mag pouches would be my best choice, keep the mags off your front,

another option is the rpk pouch from the soviet era http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/rpk_pouch_khaki.JPG very simple an early go bag as it where :) if your running hi caps as a support weapon it might be an option, if your running mid caps it might be a bit restrictive, also it of course depend on what era your going for

puding don't mean to be a pest bout this rpk just wondering how much it cost ye with delivery and all just so i no Wat price I'm looking at.

so i no Wat i have to scrape together :p

i think it was about under 290 with shipping
    Okay guys. We need some help.

We are a modern Russian VDV based team and we are looking to get some of the modern patches that the VDV would be wearing now/near future. According to the patches section here the Russian VDV now use a round patch on the right shoulder. I'm assuming that this is it?
    http://www.redforces.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=228

Does anyone know where we can get unit patches for the left shoulder and see a selection of them?

Just for my own research: would the VDV use AKS-74Us? I know the AK-74M is the standard Russian small arm but would officers, combat engineers and the like be issued them?

from everything i;ve read and seen patches are not normal warn in combat, normal the most your see is a Russian army patch but even that is relatively rare in photos especially with modern VDV

the aks74u is used but not popular, your better sticking with the aks74 and ak74m for modern vdv, but i would not let that stop you using the aks74u if you want to it is still in use and there are photos out there showing it in use

thanks for the heads up on the chest rig lads already using a pioneer so ill just stick with it i guess:)

Puding wrote: »
    from everything i;ve read and seen patches are not normal warn in combat, normal the most your see is a Russian army patch but even that is relatively rare in photos especially with modern VDV

the aks74u is used but not popular, your better sticking with the aks74 and ak74m for modern vdv, but i would not let that stop you using the aks74u if you want to it is still in use and there are photos out there showing it in use

Thanks. The next thing is what would be the difference between one of the VDV recon regiments and VDV guards regiments in terms of how they are equipped? And since airsoft is based around light infantry style operations and equipment would it make more sense for us to use a recon unit patch (this is for neurotic levels of completeness)? We don't have the paradropped BMD-4s, body armour, etc., etc. that would be impractical for airsoft, after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Hey Pud - I assume that you mentioned on airsoftolog'ies latest cast (27) as a news contributor? ;)

Nice 1.
    One of the better episodes too!

edit - just read on the news thread it was... ;)

Thanks. The next thing is what would be the difference between one of the VDV recon regiments and VDV guards regiments in terms of how they are equipped? And since airsoft is based around light infantry style operations and equipment would it make more sense for us to use a recon unit patch (this is for neurotic levels of completeness)? We don't have the paradropped BMD-4s, body armour, etc., etc. that would be impractical for airsoft, after all.

well armour is not a problem :rolleyes: :P anyway enough of that, to be honest in the field and in combat your not going ot be able to really to really tell those units apart and that really deliberate and a common thing with Russia army spetznaz, special units like you mentioned and stuff like gru will look like the units there operating with or near, unlike in the west there not really issued anything unique, where in the west you can tell the difference between rangers and regular army telling the difference between vdv and recon is a little harder

but patchs to tell the difference would be a big no no in the field, you would only really see it in barrack wear

on a different note the custom vss appear to be on sale but with a price tag or 1000usd+ its a little on the high side for what it is, hoping for a commercial version in the future :) we can only hope

98155-1f189-26326051-m549x500.jpg
    98155-7df5a-26326059-m549x500.jpg
    98155-c1ae2-26326057-m549x500.jpg
    98155-ecd29-26326058-m549x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Is it me, or does the top cover on that 'custom 1000$ vss look far too high? You think for that price he'd get it right :o

38791925_02_VSS_Vintorez.jpg

its off a little but the real one is very high to the eye, so is the stock i would assume to make shore for the gearbox, the gbb is of course the most accurate so far but it is a deac after all :) but at 5000usd i think not :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

mm, why is nice stuff so expensive? not these cheap silly lego rifles that everyone loves at the moment *sigh*

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    mm, why is nice stuff so expensive? not these cheap silly lego rifles that everyone loves at the moment *sigh*

unfortunately always the way, we can only hope that in the future it may change.......but its slow :(

Advertisement