Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

one three one defense for the night i take it then!?

(yes im basing this on your current post count!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

gonna try and make this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

everyone is welcome!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Poker mods taking over! See you all at 8.

i'll probably be a little bit late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Hungover and my hamstring still sore from last Wednesday's game, I'll be there this evening - getting my excuses in early. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

So how did it go?

Broke my perfect attendance record, due to injury from Wednesday.

Anyway looking forward to Wednesday & Sunday.

So how did it go?

Broke my perfect attendance record, due to injury from Wednesday.

Anyway looking forward to Wednesday & Sunday.

It was good fun, ten players and once we got the teams balanced it was pretty enjoyable. Couple of new players down, which was great. Good to hear you'll be back this week.

Wreck wrote: »
    It was good fun, ten players and once we got the teams balanced it was pretty enjoyable. Couple of new players down, which was great. Good to hear you'll be back this week.

Excellent, good to hear.
    So it’s back to 6 for next Sunday?

Excellent, good to hear.
    So it’s back to 6 for next Sunday?

Yes, I think 6.00 suits us better, although it was fun getting to kick the roller hockey guys off the court for once instead of the other way round. :D

• Advertisement

Did they put up much of a resistance?:D

Did they put up much of a resistance?:D

No, thankfully, wouldn't fancy our chances given they have sticks, masks and padding. :)

Contacted Trinity College, not great really, it's €65 per hour to book the court, we can't block book during term time(we'd have to book on weekly basis) and they close at 16.00 on Sundays so the latest slot is 14.30-15.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

good game last night see you all sunday

villains77 wrote: »
    good game last night see you all sunday
    did fiona go with ya? forgot to text ya, I'll see ya wed at 12 ?

yea she gave me,enda and siobhan a lift from clearys and then back to pearse st, yea 12 is grand usual spot so

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the game on Sunday. Really enjoyed it. Will definitely be playing again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 dotnetster

Heya,

This game sounds like fun every week! I haven't played in years. Could I join in? What is the age group / skill level like? I'm 33. I was trying to organise a game in DCU and then I saw this group. I found it impossible to get a group of people together to play. I would be up for playing on Saturday in Artane if that ever happened.

Ross

hey, enjoyable game, that was the first time i've touched a basketball in about 10 years, i think i need to brush on my skills and the rulebook!

i asked about renting a court in dcu, the weekend student rate is €30ph

dotnetster wrote: »
    Heya,

This game sounds like fun every week! I haven't played in years. Could I join in? What is the age group / skill level like? I'm 33. I was trying to organise a game in DCU and then I saw this group. I found it impossible to get a group of people together to play. I would be up for playing on Saturday in Artane if that ever happened.

Ross

Yeah, come down, 18.00 in Sportsco this Sunday. We've lots of different ages and skill levels, so you'll fit in somewhere!

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

BOARDS IS BLOCKED IN WORK NOW!!

Righto, calmer now...

Basketball is booked for this Sunday 13th december at 6pm...

Come one come all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

I'd be interested in checking out this game. I haven't played in years so my skills are rusty and I'm out of shape, but if it is open to all levels of skill and fitness then I'll give it a shot. How long does the game usually last?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

1 hour 6pm until 7pm, if you can run up and down a bit and pass the ball you will be fine.

jspruit wrote: »
    I'd be interested in checking out this game. I haven't played in years so my skills are rusty and I'm out of shape, but if it is open to all levels of skill and fitness then I'll give it a shot. How long does the game usually last?

you'll have fun, try make it.
    its handy to get to, no 2 or 3 bus from O'connell st gets you there, get off at the shelbourne race track

a few of us were out of shape when we started, but starting to get in shape now, really look forward to this each game weekend.

Cheers

Paul

shivvyban wrote: »
    ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

BOARDS IS BLOCKED IN WORK NOW!!

Righto, calmer now...

Basketball is booked for this Sunday 13th december at 6pm...

Come one come all ;)

Looking forward to it.*

*Posting from work just to taunt shivvyban:D

Wreck wrote: »
    Looking forward to it.*

*Posting from work just to taunt shivvyban:D

It seems to work when IT aren't around.... interesting....

shivvyban wrote: »
    It seems to work when IT aren't around.... interesting....
    ooh look at me, posting form work, one of the few perks!

Mixed basketball

All fitness & skill levels welcome

This Sunday 13th DEC at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm

No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

will be there on sunday not sure bout 20th as work have me rostered in 1 to 7 sunday told them i cant work till 7 as i got basketball at 6 and he sort it out ( yea just like he will sort out my 6 days holid before the new year ) :rolleyes:

villains77 wrote: »
    will be there on sunday not sure bout 20th as work have me rostered in 1 to 7 sunday told them i cant work till 7 as i got basketball at 6 and he sort it out ( yea just like he will sort out my 6 days holid before the new year ) :rolleyes:

[FONT=&quot]that’s dedication man! I like it, feck work basketball is King![/FONT]

[font=&quot]that’s dedication man! I like it, feck work basketball is King![/font]
    down with that sort of thing

• Advertisement

In case anyone posts when I can't check boards, etc... EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME ALONG ON SUNDAYS!

So...

This Sunday at 6pm in Sportsco!

http://mixedbasketballdublin.blogspot.com/

Advertisement