Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

might be best to head back into town for drinks.

Cheers

Mixed basketball

All fitness & skill levels welcome
    This Sunday 20th DEC at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm

No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

CHRISTMAS DRINKS AFTER GAME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'll see you all tomorrow evening folks, looking forward to it.

see you all tonight. looking forward to it;)

no plan for the drinks yet? I may give drinks a miss.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I've basically been screwed over at work and have been in the office for most of the weekend. At the moment it looks like I should be able to make the game this evening, but I'll probably have to go back to work after so no for drinks for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

iam the only one on work at the mo. will see you all there at some stage. where we going after

Can't make it tonight, Christmas obligations take precedence. Sorry. See ye after Christmas.

hi all great game tonight hope you all have a great crimbo and new years. see you in the new year. iam really starting to to feel the benefits of playing week in week out with you gang. can only help me a lot on the gaelic pitch, will try ring the artane beaumont centre tomorrow and see if it was bull**** about the insurance. like if ur a member there why we have to pay insurance i remember i rent the courts out for badmenton and no word of insurance well this was in my school days and used be a member of the gym there till it closed down ( the centre upped there rent ) anyhow all the best for the crimbo and plenty of drink :)

Mixed basketball

Sunday 3rd January 2010 at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend,
    6pm – 7pm

Mixed basketball

Sunday 3rd January 2010 at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend,
    6pm – 7pm

• Advertisement

Wont make it sunday ave an infection in my shin. should make the next game after i hop seems to be clearing up nicely. all the best and have a new year

Happy New Year guys, hoping to play lots of basketball in 2010. Looking forward to Sunday, it's been far too long a break.:pac:

Depending on road conditions I may to be able to make it tomorrow.
    Busses are not passing through my area.

Happy new-year guys!

Looking forward to playing plenty of ball this year! so lets hope the snow/ice melts soon!

Mixed basketball

(today)Sunday 3rd January 2010 at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend,
    6pm – 7pm

Is this game gonna happen? Will there be enough players I mean. I'll be there (a few mins late I think) but not sure if I wanna head in if it won't go ahead is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

Hey all

I won't be able to make this evening :(

Have a good game.

any ideas as to how many you have for tonight. might turn up to watch not sure if i can play the whole hour maybe last 10 mins or so

Is this game gonna happen? Will there be enough players I mean. I'll be there (a few mins late I think) but not sure if I wanna head in if it won't go ahead is all.

Well the court is booked and paid for so we will definitely be doing something, even if its just 3v3 half court. I'd be fairly optimistic that we will have 8+ players though.

Shivvyban booked the court the last time played we played there before Christmas
    So it will go a head regardless of how many show up, even if its 3 on 3 or 4 on 4

See you all later; hopefully there will be a good turn out

Ah wreck you beat me to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I may be 15 minutes late, but will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Great Turnout last night guys! Had a really good time, despite being hungover to my back teeth!

Wreck - hope you're feeling better today! Will text you later!

Righto - next week is booked and good to go... :D

Mixed basketball
    This Sunday 10th Jan at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm

Was good fun yesterday while it lasted. Unfortunately I've torn my hamstring and could be out for a while - very annoying. I'll let you guys know when I'm close to making a return, hope you have fun in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Hey all,

I registered interest in this when it was getting going a couple of months back, and between one thing and another never actually managed to turn up :o

But, from here on my Sundays should be my own, so hopefully I can make my way to Ringsend this weekend, if there are still spaces? I've fallen a little bit out of the loop, so I've got what are sure to be two questions you've heard before:

1) Is it a 'pay on the night' or 'upfront for the month' kind of thing (and how much)?

2) Is Ringsend a replacement for Fairview/Whitehall/etc., or did anything ever get arranged on the northside?

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Leto wrote: »
    But, from here on my Sundays should be my own, so hopefully I can make my way to Ringsend this weekend, if there are still spaces?
    Still spaces, we usually get between 8 and 13 people so we have rolling substitutions and it works fine.
    1) Is it a 'pay on the night' or 'upfront for the month' kind of thing (and how much)?
    Either! If you can pay for a couple of weeks ahead of time then it makes booking the hall easier but paying each week when you turn up is perfectly fine.
    2) Is Ringsend a replacement for Fairview/Whitehall/etc., or did anything ever get arranged on the northside?
    Location of the gym is here. We're still working on a possible location on the Northside, mostly for price reasons, but it would be nice to have a bit more time to practice some stuff, with just an hour you need to start quickly to get a good workout.

Hope to see you there next sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Wreck wrote: »
    Was good fun yesterday while it lasted. Unfortunately I've torn my hamstring and could be out for a while - very annoying. I'll let you guys know when I'm close to making a return, hope you have fun in the meantime.
    That sound painful, hope you make it back soon. Did you make it to a doctor/physio?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hey all,

I registered interest in this when it was getting going a couple of months back, and between one thing and another never actually managed to turn up :o

Had the exact same problems myself mate, work took over and its only now im starting to get my evenings and weekends back... bloody recession!! :mad:

So hopefully I may get a chance to actually turn up and have a look even if I dont play yet as I'm sooooo unfit at the moment its not funny.. :o

Hey Paddy!

Come along anyhow! You can join in if you'd like or even do some gentle, very gentle, referring - Bit of a problem with charging, eh Time Magazine!! ;)

But in all seriousness - we have consistant good numbers so there would be a sub available for you to take a few mins if you need to. :)

Also, if you don't play, you don't pay, so there's no worries of me harrassing you for €7 purely for the thrill of watching us run about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

lafortezza wrote: »
    Still spaces, we usually get between 8 and 13 people so we have rolling substitutions and it works fine.
    Either! If you can pay for a couple of weeks ahead of time then it makes booking the hall easier but paying each week when you turn up is perfectly fine.

Location of the gym is here. We're still working on a possible location on the Northside, mostly for price reasons, but it would be nice to have a bit more time to practice some stuff, with just an hour you need to start quickly to get a good workout.

Hope to see you there next sunday!

That's great, thanks Lafortezza!

• Advertisement

That's great, thanks Lafortezza!

The man is a legend!

No credit Laf, but I don't think tonight is on... I didn't get an email about it anyways... :(

Advertisement