Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Wreck wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sunday.
    I'm also thinking about joining Sportsco in January to use the pool - I think this would mean we could get the court at a reduced rate.

Yeah for €60, would be handy.

My friend said he was joining, and would book it in his name, but hasn’t joined yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Wreck wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sunday.
    I'm also thinking about joining Sportsco in January to use the pool - I think this would mean we could get the court at a reduced rate.

If you did that Wreck, I would have to be nice to you adn not bump into you on the court anymore! :)

How'd you find wed??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'll be there on Sunday. Definitely interested in the Artane saturday basketball. Problem now is people not being around because of the Christmas period.

lafortezza wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sunday. Definitely interested in the Artane saturday basketball. Problem now is people not being around because of the Christmas period.

we could start fresh in early jan, & this should give us time to try and get numbers for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shivvyban wrote: »
    THIS SUNDAY (29TH) IS STILL GOING AHEAD IN SPORTSCO AT 6PM! :)

I know villains77 won't be coming along on Sunday so I won't know anybody there this week, but can I still go? :o

• Advertisement

I know villains77 won't be coming along on Sunday so I won't know anybody there this week, but can I still go? :o

yeah definitely come. You can meet me at the spire if you don't know the way.

pm me your number and I'll be online in the morning.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

Hi all

Won't be able to make it this evening, but will be there next week.

Have a good game

looking forward to the game later!

TODAY IN SPORTSCO IN RINGSEND AT 6PM! NEW PLAYERS WELCOME
    for all skill & fitness levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 datett

Hi guys,

Won't make it this evening. Had a rough one last night and legs are definitely not in condition for it.
    Have a great game and keep me in the loop re playing at Artane and so on.
    Thanks
    Fabrice

datett wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Won't make it this evening. Had a rough one last night and legs are definitely not in condition for it.
    Have a great game and keep me in the loop re playing at Artane and so on.
    Thanks
    Fabrice

No problem, will send ya text or a pm.

SUNDAY 6th OF DECEMBER IN SPORTSCO IN RINGSEND AT 8PM!
    NEW PLAYERS WELCOME

• Advertisement

Ok, the hall is booked for Sunday the 6th of December (as per Scottie's post) at 8pm...

The reason for this being that we do not have enough people paying monthly subs to block book and tbh I can't pay it up front out of my wages as there is no guarantee I will get my moneys back (I am a lady with soem expensive tastes - most notably Blue WKD :) - and therefore need the money)....

I'm thinking of a couple of ways to rectify this and they will be coming into force in January.... possibly an incentive to pay monthly (have it cheaper than than paying weekly... ie. weekly charge will probably go up).

I'll also be looking for another court just in case this does not become an option.

Feedback please... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ok, the hall is booked for Sunday the 6th of December (as per Scottie's post) at 8pm...
    See you there, won't make the Wednesday session though.
    I'm thinking of a couple of ways to rectify this and they will be coming into force in January.... possibly an incentive to pay monthly (have it cheaper than than paying weekly... ie. weekly charge will probably go up).
    Good idea. Block booking is obviously desirable but it comes with the risk that you get stuck with a bill, but that risk goes if people pay the monthly sub. Make it €9 a go or €28 for four and and it's basically "get one free", maybe?
    I'll also be looking for another court just in case this does not become an option.
    Artane? That one the Wednesday lads use? Trinity have (I think) two basketball courts so that could be a really handy option if it were available.
    My legs are f*cking killing me :pac:

if we changed it to Saturdays in Artane, it would be a lot cheaper too.
    this could be an option for the new year?

SUNDAY 6th OF DECEMBER IN SPORTSCO IN RINGSEND AT 8PM!
    NEW PLAYERS WELCOME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The reason for this being that we do not have enough people paying monthly subs to block book and tbh I can't pay it up front out of my wages as there is no guarantee I will get my moneys back (I am a lady with soem expensive tastes - most notably Blue WKD :) - and therefore need the money)....

Last night was great fun as always. Very much looking forward to next week.

If we block book do we have to pay the full amount up front or is it a deposit? I've no problem paying for a few weeks/month in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

what numbers are you getting these days?

We've got 6 regs (approx) and weekly we've been getting from 8 people up to twelve. It varies. Its just that the majority are weekly payers thus preventing the block book (Wreck, it has to be the 4 weeks up front! :( ).

You thinking about coming back to us, Nialo? :P

lol ok! maybe! coming up to xmas a bit of craic would be nice!

Come along this weekend!! :P I dare ya!

ah now! daring me! thats just not cool! :P

Well 'tis better than the truth question! :P

(why you go and leave us...? *sniff* )

• Advertisement

hah! oh oh i can answer that one! :)

but ill be nice! :P

me just lazy really!

nialo wrote: »
    hah! oh oh i can answer that one! :)

but ill be nice! :P

me just lazy really!

Stop being lazy and come along... sure our match could only be considered a brisk walk for an athlete of your stature! :P

meh! it would be a very brisk walk then!! unless i really am just lazy and walk up and down! :D

meh! it would be a very brisk walk then!! unless i really am just lazy and walk up and down! :D

Oh....(!)

Would that be something new for you?? :P

/me conceeds defeat and runs to hide in a corner!

/me conceeds defeat and runs to hide in a corner!

served-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Apparently I'm in Barcelona for the weekend guys, sorry! Will be there with bells on the 13th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Hi Guys,

Another boards member and myself were wondering if there would be anyone around at the weekends who would like to play a game for fun. We're thinking one of the courts on the northside (I hear there's an outdoor court in Fairview and there's also two at St. Aidan's School on Collin's Avenue).

This isn't with a view to set up a team or anything so if you haven't played in ages but would like a game or you just want to get fit you're welcome to come. :)

Also, guys and girls welcome!!

I guess it all depends on weather but if anyone is interested they can give me a pm and maybe we can sort something.

St. Aidans in Cork?

SUNDAY 6th OF DECEMBER IN SPORTSCO IN RINGSEND
    (DUBLIN)

AT 8PM!
    NEW PLAYERS WELCOME

• Advertisement

SUNDAY 6th OF DECEMBER IN SPORTSCO IN RINGSEND
    (DUBLIN)
    AT 8PM!