Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

shivvyban wrote: »
    No credit Laf, but I don't think tonight is on... I didn't get an email about it anyways... :(

:(

I was going to play that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The man is a legend!

No credit Laf, but I don't think tonight is on... I didn't get an email about it anyways... :(
    Pity, I was looking forward to it. Although I'm hearing that buses might not be on and there's no chance I'm driving into town this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

lafortezza wrote: »
    That sound painful, hope you make it back soon. Did you make it to a doctor/physio?

I was examined by three doctors and two med students - my family basically - and the advice was the usual ice/pressure/elevate, very little I can do to make it heal any quicker. My sister is going to hook me up with some physio later in the week. It's much better today so I'm hoping it might not be as bad as first thought, may even try a bit of running on it at the weekend depending on how the physio works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

Count me in for Sunday -
    weather permitting :rolleyes:

Wreck - sorry hear to hear about the injury . Get better soon.

Scottie Pippen- thanks for the message. I'm not ignoring you can't reply till I have 25 posts :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Wreck - don't push yourself too hard! Hopefully it'll get better soon... strap it up well! :)

Demi - It'll be great to have you back! Missed ya last week (you still have a week paid as well... deadly buzz!)

And I may have another girl coming along on Sunday so be nice boys! :P

• Advertisement

Hope the weather allows me to get in for this Sunday. I have to redeem my abysmal shooting performance last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

off the weekend so will see you all there. wreck hope your feeling better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Wreck wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've torn my hamstring and could be out for a while - very annoying.
    Ouch, sorry to hear. Hopefully you'll be back in no time :)
    Come along anyhow! You can join in if you'd like or even do some gentle, very gentle, referring - Bit of a problem with charging, eh Time Magazine!! ;)

Pfft, don't hate the player :pac:

In all seriousness though, I know we're cool about not correcting people on the odd double-dribble and all that lark, but please call me up on charging if/when I do it. I thought I'd improved!

In all seriousness though, I know we're cool about not correcting people on the odd double-dribble and all that lark, but please call me up on charging if/when I do it. I thought I'd improved!

You have improved - I think it may be a vendetta against me!

VENDETTA I SAY!!

Kayroo, where you live? I'm getting the bus from DCU, if you're anywhere near there!

In case I'm not online any new peeps you're welcome to come along... contrary to some of the posts on this thread, we are nice people! :)

Also, check us out ruling the basketball forum!! :D

Ummm, how are people feeling about travelling this Sunday? The hall is booked but if people want to cancel this weeks let me know asap......

I'm alright for travelling anyways...

• Advertisement

I have a minor lower back strain from playing tennis on the Wii. I'm serious.
    So if that is ok by Sunday evening I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

If the bus is running I'll be there on Sunday for sure looking forward to it.
    Hopefully the roads will be gritted. Although I hear we are in for some heavy snow then

had great craic last week

so Shivvy are you going to wear your lucky kylie t-shirt or anime t-shirt with rolled up sleeves for luck? ;)

if we’re going to call this - will we be calling villains77 on double dribbling, and tackling his own team mates, and bear hugging me every time I run by him with the ball........:D just joking

Can't make this weekend guys, roads too bad, sorry.

Have to count myself out of this week also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

ill add to the numbers if you need extra..

nialo wrote: »
    ill add to the numbers if you need extra..

Thanks Nialo but due to the way the weather is today and what is forecasted for tomorrow we've had to cancel...

I'd say it would be easy enough to get into town but getting home if the buses stop could be a nightmare.

So anyone who has someone else's number that goes to the basketball please let them know it is cancelled for tomorrow the 10th of January.

It is booked for the following week. (and the payment for tomorrow transferred to Sunday the 24th - so all paid up)

Sorry about this guys... the snow is a f***ing nightmare....

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Thanks Nialo but due to the way the weather is today and what is forecasted for tomorrow we've had to cancel...

I'd say it would be easy enough to get into town but getting home if the buses stop could be a nightmare.

So anyone who has someone else's number that goes to the basketball please let them know it is cancelled for tomorrow the 10th of January.

It is booked for the following week. (and the payment for tomorrow transferred to Sunday the 24th - so all paid up)

Sorry about this guys... the snow is a f***ing nightmare....

thats fine, best to wait. sent a few texts to let people know

hope this fecking snow clears up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

Thanks for keeping the forum updated regarding the cancellation.
    See you next week then & stay warm and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Thanks for the update, shivvyban - I was having a few worries about how to get home afterwards myself. See you all next week.

Mixed basketball
    All fitness & skill levels welcome

This Sunday 17th Jan at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm
    No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

• Advertisement

Looks like I won't be able to make it next Sunday :( gotta work. Should be fine for the remaining Sundays of January though.

lafortezza wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be able to make it next Sunday :( gotta work. Should be fine for the remaining Sundays of January though.

No worries Laf! I'll keep note in my little black book! :) Will miss ya though - will check emails at lunch (internet cafe as no hotmail in work) and let you know if tomorrow is back on.

My leg feels much better over the last day or so, I'll almost certainly be down on Sunday.

My leg feels much better over the last day or so, I'll almost certainly be down on Sunday.

Yay! But make sure you're fully fit - we likes having you there... but then again I seemed to improve slightly after to left.... interesting...

HEEHEE -found a pic of what I imagine I look like playing bball

elephant_playing_basketball-12412.bmp

I am in such a strange mood....

HEEHEE -found a pic of what I imagine I look like playing bball

That pic is nothing like you, that elephant looks like he's going to score. :pac:

That pic is nothing like you, that elephant looks like he's going to score. :pac:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.....!

Ok... I've no come back, Mr. Charger.... :P

Lol cant you just feel the love!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.....!

Ok... I've no come back, Mr. Charger.... :P

I'm not Mr Charger anymore? The dude with the bandy leg is? Awesome :pac:

I can book the hall in UCD for €20. Apparently "most" players have to be members of the gym for that price (it's €55 otherwise), but that seems silly to me. That'd mean I could go in an play by myself for €20, but I couldn't bring you guys with me. I'd say it's one of those rules that aren't really adhered to.

Should we chance it some week?

Students can also book it for 20 euro. they dont really check if everyone is students either. as long as you look like you know where your going etc they dont bother.

• Advertisement

nialo wrote: »
    Students can also book it for 20 euro. they dont really check if everyone is students either. as long as you look like you know where your going etc they dont bother.

So I should probably not saunter around the place in my old DCU hoodies??

Nialo, you joining us this sunday???

Advertisement