Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Gator wrote: »
    Whats the craic lads, id love to get a piece of this as I have been out of the bball game for nearly 3 years due to nite college. Seeing as I have promised to go back Div 1 next year I really should start practicing.

Is it ok if I join you on the next session?

**EDIT** PM Sent

You're more than welcome to join us. 18.00 this Sunday in Sportsco.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

A while back (before this started) I posted in the fitness section looking for a cheap in the city gym with a basketball court.

Got a response today from a group of people similar to us who meet at
    st Ctherinse gym, from 3.30 to 4.30. at a cost of about €40. (Much better value)
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Pages/StCatherine%27s%20CommunitySportsCentre.aspx

they usually only have 4 to 6 people.

So it would make sense (to me) for 6 or 7 of us who have attended sportsco regularly to merge with them, if it’s easy enough for people to get to?

What do you think?

we could start after we finish up at the sportco

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Is this a guys only basketball meetup?
    I played...back in the day and I'm only after moving back to dublin and would love to get involved again. In a strictly fun, playing for pride kind of way. Is this the right group?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

There's been 4 girls at the few weeks so far, so definitely not guys only. It's very laid back, played for fun and fitness more than the final score. There's no hard fouls or anything like that. If you can run up and down and throw the ball around you'll be fine.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Looks like we should have a decent number this week.
    I will bring a ball again this week, but if anyone else has one, please bring it just so we can do layups to get warmed up.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 br3ak666

Hi!

I would like to join on sunday basketball,if is it possible send your mobil number and i'll call u.

cheers,

rob

give me a ring about basketball if you like. pm ya my number
    Cheers

br3ak666

if you are coming from the city centre.
    From the O’Connell st, you can get the number2 bus, which will take you to the shelbourne race track, the gym is there.

starts at 6

map.jpg

Thanks!

I will there 6 on sunday.

rob

Looking good for Sunday, can't wait.

• Advertisement

br3ak666 wrote: »
    Thanks!

I will there 6 on sunday.

rob

Just edited my post it’s the number 2 bus

Looking good for Sunday, can't wait.
    me too, shaping up to be a good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Basketball definitely going ahead in Sportsco on Sunday at 6pm!!

Be there! Bring cash (and a ball if you have one!)! :)

Any newbs unsure of the location, pm me and I'll pass along my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

shivvyban wrote: »
    Basketball definitely going ahead in Sportsco on Sunday at 6pm!!

Be there! Bring cash (and a ball if you have one!)! :)

Any newbs unsure of the location, pm me and I'll pass along my number.

Just letting you know that I'll definitely be there on Sunday, likely with a mate. Will PM you Sunday morning if I'm heading in on my own so that I can get directions, etc.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Just letting you know that I'll definitely be there on Sunday, likely with a mate. Will PM you Sunday morning if I'm heading in on my own so that I can get directions, etc.

No worries at all! I'll amke sure to check my pm's that morning! See you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

great game tonight. seems a better improvement then my first game. i have 1 friend fiona defo coming next week trying to get a few more will know more during the week

good game tonight, had good craic.
    much better turn out than last week. looking forward to next week.

Cheers

Thoroughly enjoyed it, even if I didn't have a clue where to be most of the time, couldn't shoot and couldn't make any plays on defense! :) I figure lack of cruel hangover and actually knowing where the place is can only improve things for next week! I'll be looking forward to it.

Hi guys,

Ok the hall is booked for Sunday the 22nd of November at 6pm.

I would ask that if you say you are going to turn up, try to. You don't have to but it puts out how much we've worked out that needs to be paid, the numbers for a game, etc. You dont have to turn up but let us know if you have said you will be there but won't be able to make it after all.

Nine last night! Great game with some new faces... burned my knees from falling so much but whats a bit of carpet burn if you're having a good time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

see you there so. i have one friend who said yes might have 2 or 3 more will let me know during the week

shivvyban wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    s... burned my knees from falling so much but whats a bit of carpet burn if you're having a good time ;)

That makes a change, its usually me with the burned knees:rolleyes:

as mentioned, my friend has just moved in beside the sportsco, and will be viewing the gym soon, if he - joins he can book the court at a cheaper rate - this should encourage more people to attend if money is an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

seems like this is going well after the first session. you still in need of more numbers or is it balancing out yet?

nialo wrote: »
    seems like this is going well after the first session. you still in need of more numbers or is it balancing out yet?

It’s been up and down, but more up to be honest:D. About 7 of us have paid for the month in advance, and the rest are paying weekly. could still do with few more people

So if we have 1or 2 more paying the month in advance we would be able to block book for longer & further into the future.

Looks like it’s a fairly permanent set up. Next week is booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Was fun again last night, I was so annoyed only getting to play for 30 mins though, stupid Croke Park traffic.
    I'll be there next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll play this next Sunday if numbers are needed.

Enjoyed it immensely once more, looking forward to next week.

Rasta wrote:
    I'll play this next Sunday if numbers are needed.

your welcome to come, pm me or shivvyban if you need directions.

You have room for a lot more. 6 or 7 per team would be ideal so that people could roll on and off (when you're wheezing after 10 minutes there is a problem :)).

My mate won't be there on Sunday as he is away. He enjoyed it though and will probably be back from the following Sunday on.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My mate won't be there on Sunday as he is away. He enjoyed it though and will probably be back from the following Sunday on.

YAY! SPRY GUY will be back! :D

I agree with ya LuckyLloyd that would be perfect.
    Only need a couple more, so old men like me can a quick break:P

• Advertisement

Hi All!

I'll go with another person at 6pm on sunday.

Bye

Advertisement