Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

thats great, I'll send on info to Dave & Vinnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

thats great, I'll send on info to Dave & Vinnie.

Thanks Scottie! :)

Also, forgot to mention...

THIS IS STILL OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME ALONG! :)

Didn;t get a chance to check my hotmail last night but just want to double check on some people...

Wreck, JessieJames and Demi D, are you guys still interested?

If I am to make this booking I need numbers of definite payers of €24 and €6... need to see what I can work out with sportsco... alternatively PM (no access to hotmail at work.... :mad:)

Anyhoo, let me know! :D Looking forward to this again as the last time was a huge success - we even had one sub... which if possible would like to get the numbers to 12.

Even if you know people who aren't on boards but would like to play put them in touch with me. I'll pm my number if its needed for any questions (gotta love free o2 texts!).

I would like to confirm your booking of Sports Hall for the following dates, between 6 – 7pm:

1st November
    8th November
    15th November
    22nd November

4 sessions at €70, the total payment due: €280

The original girl who I was speaking to last week told me the price if you are member by mistake. If we get ten people its €28 each and the weekly payees can pay a weekly rate of €7.

Is this ok??? Please guys, I kinda need feedback on this v v v v v soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Fine for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Fine for me and PM sent

lafortezza wrote: »
    Fine for me!
    bugs wrote: »
    Fine by me
    Wreck wrote: »
    Fine for me and PM sent

I also give permission to bring friends....
    friends with lots of moneys.... :)

http://mixedbasketballdublin.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

That's fine for me, will definately be there too.

I'll be there & paying in full, bringing a friend who will pay weekly.
    I will be bringing a ball, but you have one bring it for warming up
    Looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

Ok just another reminder! Make sure you're there by six - we only got an hour and lets make the most of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 N-line

i've an basketball match at 2pm, i hope i still will be able to make it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Tourneque

I'll be there today too :)

Well that was fun! Thanks for the game, looking forward to next week already, provided I'm recovered - even walking is a struggle today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

its not weekend but...

every tuesday at 7pm in national basketball arena u can play in pickup games just for 5 euro :)

lkasprzak wrote: »
    its not weekend but...

every tuesday at 7pm in national basketball arena u can play in pickup games just for 5 euro :)
    Whats the standard like? Skill wise and fitness wise?

I wasn't as wrecked this week after playing as I was the first week so here's hoping I'll get better as the weeks go by.

I wasn't as wrecked this week after playing as I was the first week so here's hoping I'll get better as the weeks go by.

You scored some nice 3pointers did you not? (Even though they only counted as 1point)
    wasn’t as wreaked this week myself.

Wouldn’t mind heading out to play on Tuesday as well

I would but with work its tough to know when I'll make it... will def keep the tuesdays in mind though!

Righto, had a great time last night guys (Wreck, I will conquer you and Tourneque, I intend on learning how to catch your passes! It seems I have the refelxes of a cat... a dead one! :) )

So we're all booked in for next week so monthly payers - go you! and weekly players... please come back again!

8 was a good number but who knows, we'll probably have billions next week... *ahem* :)

(Click the logo for the link to the blog... its a tad $hite at the moment but we'll get there!)

Also forgot to say! You were AWESOME!!!

Usually its fast pace game, u dont have to be a bbal master to play :) there is also a girl and a 50 years old man who play with us so its not so hard :)

• Advertisement

lkasprzak wrote: »
    there is also a girl and a 50 years old man who play with us so its not so hard :)

Excuse me? ;)

Yeah :D

Anyways moving on from slightly sexist and agist remarks.... :rolleyes:

Just a quick reminder - basketball in sportsco at 6pm on Sunday 8th - please bring a ball if you have one...

think a few people got lost on the way.

:confused:

Yeah we only had 5 tonight, hope we get more in the next couple of weeks.

Was a good game even though we only had a small number people.

Yeah it was still fun, and I'm in surprisingly little pain today!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads, I'd love to play! Essentially a beginner. Could be there this Sunday, and from then on. Link to directions? I'd be getting Public Transport out. Cheers. :)

Hey LuckyLloyd, I get the bus in from the city centre so I could meet you on O'Connell st on sunday. PM and we'll swap details! :) Also, if you know anyone who'd be interested in coming along, BRING THEM!

And I saw your post on the poker forum... Don't be worried about having not played in years! I hadn't played in 6 years before I started two months ago! I'm also a smoker so fitness... ummmm... not so much my strong point! :)

Also, guys follow the blog... It feels empty... (this is just my ego needing people following me... twitter has not fulfilled this need just yet :D )

Will have booking confirmation for the hall for you guys tomorrow!

Can't believe I couldn't go this week :( Damn stupid teeth! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Whats the craic lads, id love to get a piece of this as I have been out of the bball game for nearly 3 years due to nite college. Seeing as I have promised to go back Div 1 next year I really should start practicing.

Is it ok if I join you on the next session?

**EDIT** PM Sent

Advertisement