Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

A more accurate figure would be the amounts paid per film. Rock would be getting that much across three films (fast six, gi Joe, journey 2 ...anything else?), whereas Tom cruise presumably was getting a percentage of MI4's box office and nothing else, I think?

I don't think rock really took a pay cut to return when you factor in how it helped revive his core fanbase, arguably very important after the Disney films. volunteering to return again is much less beneficial to his film career, but he has promised to and I expect it to happen even after they treated him like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No, what I'm saying is they just recognised him as the guy from that movie and The Nanny!

What more would you want to be known for if you had both of those? The only thing that could possibly make it better is if you played Thunderlips! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poster for Eve Torres's reality show Stars Earn Stripes

stars-earn-stripes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Didn't see it posted yet.
    - It was reported earlier this week by The Wrestling Observer that Triple H had reached out to wrestling legend Bruno Sammartino, who has a troubled relationship with WWE and Vince McMahon, about being inducted into the 2013 Hall of Fame. Sammartino issued a statement later saying he was turning down WWE's invitation for the Hall. The Observer followed up and said Sammartino wasn't impressed by Triple H's approach on the phone. Sammartino issued another statement saying those reports were not true.

PWInsiderElite.com spoke with Sammartino this week about the reports. Sammartino discussed his talks with Triple H, his recent visit to Ring of Honor and more. Here are some highlights about his phone call with Triple H, thanks to Vinnie for passing along:

* Sammartino said Triple H was a gentleman, impressed him and they talked for a while. Triple H wanted to open communication because he was aware of the bad relationship between Vince and Bruno. Triple H figured Sammartino being inducted in the NY/NJ area would be good for the fans.

* Bruno mentioned that Triple H cited Madison Square Garden as a possible location for the ceremony.

* Bruno turned down the invite because he has issues with WWE and wouldn't feel right going into the Hall. Sammartino said he appreciated everything Triple H and WWE offered but in good conscious, he could not do it. Bruno brought up WWE not having a physical building for their Hall of Fame and the fact that they have non-wrestlers inducted.

* Regarding a future relationship with WWE, Bruno said there is no interest and as long as Vince McMahon is in the company, he doesn't think anything will happen between the two sides.

* Sammartino believes Triple H wants to do the right things for the business. Triple H told him that he respects the wrestling of yesteryear's and was trying to move away from some of the more racier stuff we've seen.

source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/257351-bruno-sammartino-gives-interview-on-his-wwe-situation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

All reports so far sound like the WWE will be safe in the hands of Triple H when Vince finally steps down/dies.Now if only he could persuade Steph to become a full time mother...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

All reports so far sound like the WWE will be safe in the hands of Triple H when Vince finally steps down/dies.Now if only he could persuade Steph to become a full time mother...

What reports are you reading?! It's well known that HHH has a hard on for anyone the crowd is taking a liking to. Have you not heard the "U gonna get buried" meme?! HHH is NOT a friend to the IWC or the smarks.

Bring back Heyman as GM and give him total creative control. Bring back JR as head of Talent Relations. The reason Vince hates these two is because their pinky fingers know more about wrestling than Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mad Mark Madden had a pop at Maria Kanellis on Twitter earlier on for some reason:
    @ROHMikeBennett Does yer chick miss the big time? Does she miss Punk? She will..."

Maria replied to Madden:

"hahahahaha..... You are ridiculous. Grow up. I dated punk like 4 years ago. Are you in high school? I'll make my own big time. I'm not gonna ride on some guys coat tails. I'll take loyal and sweet over money and pain any day. You aren't worth any more of my time. If I want someone more intelligent to fight with it will be my 3 year old niece. Have a wonderful positive day.... Oh wait, that's what I have everyday."

Madden replied:

"Right. I wrote an analytical column about ROH & whole promotion attacked me. But I'm the immature 1."

Maria's reply to Madden directly:

"Here is what analytical means: Analytical skill is the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that are sensical based on available information. Have you looked at the wrestling business as a whole? Do you have facts from the information available? Did you solve a problem? Of course not. You just ran your mouth. And then you attack my personal life? You are a sad uninformed human. Blocked."

Madden later wrote:

"@MariaLKanellis Maria just part of the diva assembly line. Every1 has been totally interchangeable. NEXT! Meaningless job."

To which Maria replied:

"Please tell that to my 119000 followers, the Make a Wish Foundation, the hospitals I've visited, the division of ladies wrestling in Nashville I run, the war veterans I've met, and everyone that has ever send me a letter. And didn't you just retweet another part of the diva assembly line? No one is interchangeable. Everyone can make a difference. Even you have a purpose and that purpose is, that I have proved you wrong."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

<3 Maria and <3 how different she is to her character. I find it funny that Madden attacks her for being a run-of-the-mill Diva when she seems genuinely intelligent about the business....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Maria should have just let it go with her first comment. She's just feeding a troll really.

God, a second wrestling related story from Digital Spy in quick succession...
    Jennifer Hudson's fiancé David Otunga has won a role in his first movie opposite Halle Berry.

Otunga, best known for his appearance on VH1's I Love New York and his WWE wrestling work, has been engaged to Hudson since 2010.

WENN reports that the 32-year-old has signed on for a role in the upcoming thriller The Hive, also starring Abigail Breslin and Tara Platt.

Hudson celebrated the news of the casting on her Twitter account, where she wrote:"Big congratulations to my fiance @DavidOtunga in his 1st movie role with Halle berry in 'The Hive'."

There is no word yet on what character Otunga will be playing in the film.

The Hive is scheduled for a 2013 release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Otunga to get a big push then.

Hell no, don't you know Vince hates when people go about actually making a name for themselves in the mainstream? Who'd want proper good publicity like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Yousef wrote: »

What reports are you reading?! It's well known that HHH has a hard on for anyone the crowd is taking a liking to. Have you not heard the "U gonna get buried" meme?! HHH is NOT a friend to the IWC or the smarks.

Bring back Heyman as GM and give him total creative control. Bring back JR as head of Talent Relations. The reason Vince hates these two is because their pinky fingers know more about wrestling than Vince McMahon.

....I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Anytime Hunter has looked after Raw the show has been alot more fluid and enjoyable and all reports have said the athmosphere is much better than Vince running around changing things at the last second. HHH is a wrestling fan, and when he takes over the company will move forward quickly and for the better, because he is a fan.

Plus Paul Heyman knowing more about wrestling? Yes, the man who had the balls to take every regions tops stars, develop Wrestlemania, make wrestling a global phenomenon, and develop some of the greatest matches and moments in the history of the sport knows less than the small finger of a man, while a brilliant mind for the sport, has more limitations for success than people want to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Re:Yousef ....I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

In my opinion, I wouldnt listen to anything Yousef says. I remember a thread not too long ago that showed some of his thoughts.

What Ive read is things are good and people are happier. Its a shame about Sammartino, I had never seen his matches till a few weeks ago and read all his Wiki page. If you have a bit of spare time, read it. The man basically WAS the wwe/f back in the day.

Otunga thing is interesting, cause he was brought in for being a big name, for being Jennifer Hudsons fella. If he gets depushed, I dunno how much it would affect him emotionally, but he has enough money to last him a long time ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

15 years today:

iyh161997.jpg
    Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Smith & Brian Pillman vs. Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & The Legion of Doom

World Heavyweight Title Match
    The Undertaker vs. Vader

The Great Sasuke vs. Taka Michinoku

Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Heck of a show for the time. Two hours of greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Some of those In Your House shows were so good. Often far better than any of the big 4/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

In your house was a great concept in fairness

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Be careful to attack the post, not the poster. And don't attack either, respectfully converse.

Although Vince is the most important guy in pro-wrestling history, I don't think you can dispute that his creative choices running WWE since WCW/ECW died has been, well, spotty at best. Maybe a different guy in charge would do WWE well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think Heyman and Vince are both creative geniuses, but both different elements.
    Vince for his vision of what the company could become, but Heyman was able to see vision in his talent's characters and bring out the best in them.

Essentially if wrestling was hollywood then Vince is the best producer and Heyman the best director.

And russo is michael bay.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's an incredible analogy. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's an incredible analogy. I love it!

Russo as Michael Bay, really made me LOL in work, needless to say I shouldn't be on this now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Canadian Stampede holds up very well. Watched it only recently.

As for Triple H, he'll do a good job provided he is done as a wrestler. If he is still even semi-active, I can see him causing problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Read on PWInsider WWE signed PAC. Wonder what their plans are with him?

GTR63 wrote: »

FCW. Beat all that high flying and excitement out of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    FCW. Beat all that high flying and excitement out of him!

Hope it ain't this ballyhooed High Flyer show on the dead whenever it bothers arriving wwe network. Maybe he will appear on Nxt some time down the line and one of the wrestling fans there may recognise him cause i'm convinced most of that crowd were paid to turn up like Celebrity Championship Wrestling.

I noticed that with the crowd myself. The FCW crowd was only decent, but compared to the NXT crowd it was amazing. They seem to be counting down the minutes before they can leave. :pac:

GTR63 wrote: »

First Geordie World Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't NXT filmed before or after Smackdown and so that's where they get the crowd from? Guessing it's before so that people may show a bit of interest instead of having sat through all the better known guys then watching the new guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have him an Drew McIntyre form a tag team playa

• Advertisement

WWE just offered Sara Del Rey a much deserved developmental deal according to PWInsider. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement