Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It's not as if Twitter is a secret only WWE knew about, they were all going to get on it eventually.

They knew about it. But they wanted WWE Fan Nation to be the THING at the expense of all other social media

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That said I've no doubt TNA wouldn't be doing this is WWE weren't so high on it.

By the looks of the timing, the big Twitter push came with Dave Lagana more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is Fan Nation the youtube channel that they put ZTLIS on? and then everyone flipped because they couldn't comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Are tna that bad with twittah most that sh*t is blurred out over here and besides a ppv about 4 months ago they never annoyed me with it. And if Bully Ray saying he's joining is too much clearly your missing the point of his character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

is Fan Nation the youtube channel that they put ZTLIS on? and then everyone flipped because they couldn't comment?

I think Rovert was referring to the WWE Universe site that they ended up closing down. It was on WWE.com and originally called WWE Fan Nation.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I think Rovert was referring to the WWE Universe site that they ended up closing down. It was on WWE.com and originally called WWE Fan Nation.

Which I may or may not helped to take down:
    WWE.com staffers posted an update yesterday regarding the status of the WWE Fan Nation forums, which were bombarded with Internet trolls one weekend last month. Here is their message: When WWE.com tech staffers aren't doing stuff like turning their apartments into instant party zones, they are working hard to bring the Forums section back to WWE Fan Nation. Right now, the software and security upgrades are going a little longer than we hoped. We apologize for the delay and are hoping to have them back as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. We're glad to have all 20,000+ of you here on WWE Fan Nation. And me and the Moderation Team can't wait to revive the discussions in the Forums area. More updates to come in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Can't remember how many times I was banned from that old Fan Nation thingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God damn it Liz! Not a good picture...

QUICK, someone balance with a diva picture!

God damn it Liz! Not a good picture...

QUICK, someone balance with a diva picture!

06Santina.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Liz is getting revenge for all of us lusting after AJ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

New gimmick for drew or whats he at

6geSM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

New gimmick for drew or whats he at

Not this again

02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mr White that's not wise!

abigzd.jpg

I always laughed my ass off at those clips. No idea why.

Drew's gun tweet

Where to Tiffany?

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/interviews/a392791/wwe-heavyweight-sheamus-i-want-a-match-with-the-undertaker.html

How did it feel to beat Daniel Bryan in just 18 seconds?
    "It was phenomenal. It was my second WrestleMania, I had my whole family there. I opened the WrestleMania show, became the World Heavyweight Champion in 18 seconds so a record was made there and it was an incredible experience for me, one I will never forget."

The crowd went barmy when you won, but would you have been happier with a longer bout?
    "I was happy to walk out heavyweight champion regardless! I obviously wanted to have a WrestleMania match, something special, but the problem was I just didn't trust Daniel Bryan. The Raw before that he screwed me out of the match with Kane by using [his girlfriend] AJ as a distraction. I wasn't sure if he was going to do that again, so it made perfect sense to me.

"I didn't want him walking away or running away and getting himself disqualified or getting me disqualified. He's done that in the past. I saw the opening with AJ, I took it, I ripped his head off and I walked out World Heavyweight Champion in a record 18 seconds."

Why did you get into wrestling in the first place?
    "I watched it for years. I watched it since World of Sport on ITV. People like Regal, Robbie Brookside, Dave Taylor, Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy. Then Sky came along with WWE and I've been a fan ever since I can remember."

Where do you see the future of WWE?
    "I think we're evolving all the time. If you look back in the '80s at what the superstars were like and what they're like now. We're much more athletic. We can move better than we ever have. I think we're the best athletes in the world. We never take any time off, we're on the go minimum four days a week.

"I don't think anyone else can do what we do, so right now we're in a great place. We're putting on very exciting, entertaining matches for everybody and I think that you see our fans are enjoying it more than ever."

You had a bad neck injury at the start of your career - has that made you more careful? Can you be more careful?
    "I trained for about two and a half months and then I got hurt, I got into WWE properly in '05. You can't think about that. If you go in thinking that you might hurt yourself, then you're gonna hurt yourself. You're going to be more likely to cause something to strain or mess up. I think that you have to have a good mind about you.

"But it also gives us a good message to give to fans - please don't try what we do - we're highly trained and still injuries can occur. If you want to imitate what we do, buy the action figures or play the video games. Don't actually physically try what we do."

It's a long way off, but are you already thinking about what could go down in 2014 at WrestleMania XXX?
    "No, you can't. You have to think one pay-per-view at a time. I've got the Money In The Bank match, a world title match, soon with Alberto del Rio on Monday, July 16. You've got to work on the next one and the one after that. You can't look too far ahead.

"Obviously it's going to be great and it'll be here in no time, but the way you do it is one week at a time, and that's the way I try to be successful. Keep your eye on the prize and everything else will fall into place."

If you could wrestle anyone in history, who would it be?
    "I definitely think The Undertaker. The Undertaker is the one I want for WrestleMania XXIX or XXX. Obviously something like that would be - his streak - no-one has ever beaten him on his streak and I could be the first to ever do that."

Are you thinking of doing more movies as time goes on?
    "I'm just concentrating on my career right now. I have a lot to achieve, a lot to accomplish. Everything else is a bonus. Don't get me wrong, if they want me to do it and it feels right I'll gladly do it, but WWE is right now where my priority lies."

What's your favorite type of WWE match?
    "The street fight. I love a street fight. Kendo sticks, chairs, brawling everywhere, not worrying about the count. Just a good old-fashioned fight where anything and everything gets picked up and used. It's definitely my favorite match, it definitely suits me and favors me more than anything."

If young people really do want to become WWE superstars, what advice would you give them?
    "I'd definitely recommend first that they get their college education. It's very important to have something to fall back on, because it's a very low success rate. Don't begin wrestling until you're at least 18 years old. You really want to let your body mature and grow as much as it can before you put all that impact on it.

"And get yourself in shape. You need to stand there, you need to look good, you need to look different to a normal person. A lot of people make that mistake, they don't pay attention to how they are physically. Wearing a pair of tights they look awful, with their bellies hanging out. You have to look the part "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Bloody Josh

seriously what the **** is this - and how did i miss it?

why does tim white have a shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

ayatollah wrote: »

Tim White was the Kenny of the wwe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

ayatollah wrote: »

Lunchtime Suicide
    On December 18, 2005 White made a controversial on-screen appearance at the Armageddon pay-per-view.[3] In a segment, a "despondent" White was interviewed by SmackDown! reporter Josh Mathews inside the bar he owned, the Friendly Tap in Cumberland, Rhode Island.[3] He was depicted drinking large amounts of alcohol, claiming that the aforementioned Hell in a Cell match "ruined his life."[3] He then proceeded to take a shotgun out from under the bar and, off screen, fired the gun, apparently intending to kill himself. This sketch was considered all the more distasteful due to the death of Eddie Guerrero a month earlier.[3]
    On January 6, 2006, it was revealed that White had shot his foot accidentally during the "ordeal." But when asked by Josh Mathews about his new year's resolutions, he proceeded to scarf down a box full of rat poison, and subsequently fell over in his chair. This segment was leaked onto the internet several days earlier and included was the uncut footage of the post-segment which included the producers as well as White goofing around using some mildly foul language. On January 15, 2006, White was interviewed by Mathews again, but this time he tried to hang himself; fortunately, the rope broke. For weeks afterward, WWE's official website uploaded a new video showing Matthews trying to interview White who is about to commit suicide each week in a different way. This became a regular segment on WWE's website and was given the name of "Lunchtime Suicide", uploaded every Thursday at lunch time.
    On April 6, 2006, WWE.com uploaded a video where White did not attempt to commit suicide. In fact, he invited Mathews to a party at the Friendly Tap to take place the following week. The next week, Mathews attended the party, and ended up getting shot by White. White was released from WWE on January 9, 2009.[2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Lunchtime Suicide
    On December 18, 2005 White made a controversial on-screen appearance at the Armageddon pay-per-view.[3] In a segment, a "despondent" White was interviewed by SmackDown! reporter Josh Mathews inside the bar he owned, the Friendly Tap in Cumberland, Rhode Island.[3] He was depicted drinking large amounts of alcohol, claiming that the aforementioned Hell in a Cell match "ruined his life."[3] He then proceeded to take a shotgun out from under the bar and, off screen, fired the gun, apparently intending to kill himself. This sketch was considered all the more distasteful due to the death of Eddie Guerrero a month earlier.[3]
    On January 6, 2006, it was revealed that White had shot his foot accidentally during the "ordeal." But when asked by Josh Mathews about his new year's resolutions, he proceeded to scarf down a box full of rat poison, and subsequently fell over in his chair. This segment was leaked onto the internet several days earlier and included was the uncut footage of the post-segment which included the producers as well as White goofing around using some mildly foul language. On January 15, 2006, White was interviewed by Mathews again, but this time he tried to hang himself; fortunately, the rope broke. For weeks afterward, WWE's official website uploaded a new video showing Matthews trying to interview White who is about to commit suicide each week in a different way. This became a regular segment on WWE's website and was given the name of "Lunchtime Suicide", uploaded every Thursday at lunch time.
    On April 6, 2006, WWE.com uploaded a video where White did not attempt to commit suicide. In fact, he invited Mathews to a party at the Friendly Tap to take place the following week. The next week, Mathews attended the party, and ended up getting shot by White. White was released from WWE on January 9, 2009.[2

considering some of the absolute muck the wwe/f has pulled over the years thats up there with the most distasteful and disguisting sh1t i have ever ever heard.

seriously what in the name of fu<k is wrong with these people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks like Kharma is gone from WWE...

https://twitter.com/Kharma/status/223528006617014273

Yes. I have been officially promoted to the alumni section of the WWE roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Looks like Kharma is gone from WWE...

https://twitter.com/Kharma/status/223528006617014273

Yes. I have been officially promoted to the alumni section of the WWE roster.

Weird, she's still in the Superstars section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Weird, she's still in the Superstars section

Yet she's not in the Diva's section. Has it always been like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon someone made a booboo.

You lads should probably read up on maternity leave and have a gander at the calender then do the maths.

6beda9ff-8d8f-446d-96bb-867976136694_625x352.jpg

Wednesday 18 July 10pm Channel 4

The Knights are dad 'Rowdy Ricky Knight', mum Julia 'Sweet Saraya', brothers 'Zak Zodiac' and Roy 'The Zebra Kid', and little sister 'Britani Knight'. They claim to be the biggest wrestling bloodline in the world.

With a moral code of their own, this family pack a real punch, often at each other. They 'live, eat and breathe wrestling' while running the 'World Association of Wrestling' from their council house in suburban Norfolk.

With tough personal histories fuelling their drive, wrestling has always kept them together, although it is now threatening to tear them apart.

As one of America's biggest wrestling federations searches Britain for talent, the kids are selected for try-outs. This could make their careers in America, but take them away from home and their tight-knit family life for ever.

The Knights might get what they always wanted, but will success make or break them?

The Knights are definitely documentary fodder both raw and dragged up but they have likeable qualities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

pretty sure i remember britani knight or however its called got a contract with wwe, hopefully this show, has her trying out etc for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Another interview with Bruno Sammartino
    In an interview with Inside the Ropes last night, Bruno Sammartino talked about why he's not in the WWE Hall of Fame, his problem with the company and more. You can find more information about the podcast here.

Here are highlights from the interview:

On his memories of WrestleMania 1: "When McMahon contacted me after Vince Sr died, he asked me if I would come back saying he wanted to carry on his fathers tradition and who better to do that with than me because I'd been there for so many years. I agreed because he said I'd do broadcasting once every three weeks. Everything turned out to be not true. He did not keep in his father's tradition. He made changes that I personally didn't care for. I saw the disgusting steroid and drug use that bother me tremendously so things started going bad for me in that relationship. As for that WrestleMania, I had no idea how big it would be. I was there as a second, with my son on the ring. I was so unhappy at the time. I just wanted to get away from there."

On the changes in wrestling he didn't like: "Not that we had girl wrestlers, they brought them in skimpy. The wrestling, they started getting more vulgar, the profanity, the language. Everything had changed. Triple H having sex with a corpse in a casket. You can imagine what that would do to someone like me who had been in the business 25 years and see this. To see Steve Austin, the champion, he had a can of beer in his hand and they had to bleep every word, there were little kids in the audience. It appalled me."

On Hulk Hogan: "People get fooled by publicity. Hogan wasn't a good champion at all. In 1985, Hogan had been champion for a year and a half. Vince asked me to put on the tights because the house was down. He would do a good house the first time, but if he came back the second, or dare the third time, he couldn't draw. He wasn't a great performer. It did not work. He would use him more for merchandise and pay per view events. He was not a good for a champion like previous people."

On his backstage incident with Ric Flair in 2004: "He's an idiot. A first class pathetic idiot. He wrote a book and said something that wasn't very complimentary about me, I haven't read it so I don't know. So I'm standing in the hallway at the show talking to 2, 3 people and my back was turned to him. When I turned round and he saw me, I started walking towards him to say hello and he turned away and ran. Later he told one of the Hebner brothers that he wanted to come say hello to me but I turned my back on him and ignored him. Which is a complete bold class lie."

On why he's not in the Hall of Fame: "I am in the Hall of Fame. The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. Only wrestlers get inducted there. When you talk about McMahon's Hall of Fame, I absolutely wouldn't have any part of it because of my feelings for him and his company. Secondly, it's not a legitimate Hall of Fame. When you have kids and you wanna go see a building, there's nowhere to go. It's just a marketing campaign. Look who's in it, game show hosts, Drew Carey. A baseball player, football player. I'd be embarrassed to be in that Hall of Fame."

On what he would do if he was inducted posthumously: "I don't know the law….that's something an attorney would have to tell me. I don't know what the law is on that. That's a good question. I'm glad you asked me that because I'm going to ask my lawyer about that."

Great interview IMO. Especially loved the parts about Hogan and HoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

montyrebel wrote: »
    pretty sure i remember britani knight or however its called got a contract with wwe, hopefully this show, has her trying out etc for it

She is on NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

which one? havent really seen it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement