Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Tinie wrote: »
    He needs a paycheck.

ah he's fairly well off and usually very picky about his roles since he made it in hollywood - apparently he only did the quick and the dead for the exposure - he prefers reputable **** like gladiator la confidential a beautiful mind cinderella man etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

ayatollah wrote: »
    ah he's fairly well off and usually very picky about his roles since he made it in hollywood - apparently he only did the quick and the dead for the exposure - he prefers reputable **** like gladiator la confidential a beautiful mind cinderella man etc...

He's hardly Nicolas Cage or Ron Perlman alrite. Surely he can pick his own roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I think I recall reading that Crowe is good friends with RZA so that's probably why, could have imagined it though.

Film is getting a fair bit of attention anyways, certainly a step up from whatever Batista has been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

GTR63 wrote: »
    He's hardly Nicolas Cage or Ron Perlman alrite. Surely he can pick his own roles.

yeah jesus nicholas cage makes awful muck these days - im sure the academy wishes they could take the oscars back off himself and cuba gooding jnr seeing what they've done since.

ron perlman surprises me these days cause he's doing quite well with sons of anarchy and hellboy these days - i think like travolta they should just hire someone else to filter the scripts they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

glenjamin wrote: »
    When you hear about wrestlers dying so young, I don't think anyone would blink an eye if New Jack died tomorrow. The chap is an absolute scumbag of the highest order. After reading this I watched the tape where he stabbed some lad in Florida then I watched his shoot interview about it. He doesn't give a fcuk about anyone but himself. I don't know how the hell he still gets bookings and people to work with him.

they should feed him to Ryback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

glenjamin wrote: »
    When you hear about wrestlers dying so young, I don't think anyone would blink an eye if New Jack died tomorrow. The chap is an absolute scumbag of the highest order. After reading this I watched the tape where he stabbed some lad in Florida then I watched his shoot interview about it. He doesn't give a fcuk about anyone but himself. I don't know how the hell he still gets bookings and people to work with him.

+1, guy is a psychopath. He threw Vic Grimes off of a scaffold and almost killed him, and he claims he tried to too:eek:.

What's funny about New Jack is, he tries take the moral highground sometimes. E.G Chris Benoit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

****ing hell. i'm shocked anyone wants to be in the same building with him, let alone the same ring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So that wasn't scripted :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I think it was scripted, but he said he tried to throw him at an angle with enough force for him to miss the tables. In Forever Hardcore (or is it Hardcore Homecoming?) he talks about it and sounds like he really regrets not throwing him hard enough to miss them entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Riddle101 wrote: »
    +1, guy is a psychopath. He threw Vic Grimes off of a scaffold and almost killed him, and he claims he tried to too:eek:.

What's funny about New Jack is, he tries take the moral highground sometimes. E.G Chris Benoit.

Ive never heard about this before...Was that spot not planned??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ive never heard about this before...Was that spot not planned??

I'm pretty sure the spot was indeed planned but obviously it was not supposed to happen as it did. There were 12 tables set up to break the fall and Vic only went through one.

Here's a video of New Jack discussing an incident from their previous ECW scaffold match and it pretty much set up the reason why New Jack threw him in a reckless manner.

If it was anyone besides Vic, then I'm almost positive they would be paralysed or dead, luckily he was carrying a bit of meat on him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Kenn Doane clarified remarks he made during an interview where he implicated Lisa Marie Varon (currently known as Tara in TNA Wrestling and formerly known as Victoria in WWE) as being involved in an extramarital affair with John Cena while all three simultaneously worked on the Raw brand. As Varon stated last week during an interview, she dated Cena in 2002 (when both were were single), not 2006 or 2007 (when both were not single) as Doane had implied.
    “People keep asking bout the tara deal. Me confused why read my interview and realize the time frame in which I wrote it sounded like she was with [John Cena] then. I know she dated him in [2002] and that’s what I meant to say,” Doane stated on Twitter. “I’ve known tara since I first got to wwe and she wasn’t with him at the time when all my shiz was going down. I should of put more thought into her part of my story. I didn’t cuz didn’t think it needed to be elaborated. Tara never dated [John Cena] when I was there only in 02 which I should of made clear.”
    He continued, “Granted nobody should ever think anything negative of tara. Why the **** do we call her tara? Her name is lisa.”
    Doane said that after girlfriend Mickie James admitted to him in 2007 that she was involved in an affair with Cena, he asked who he believed was Cena’s Diva “road” girlfriend at the time if she was aware of the matter (who he then implicated as Varon in the interview). According to Doane, the woman told him she believed the affair to be true after having been ‘recently’ dumped by Cena.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A few weeks ago on RAW, Tensai’s attack on Sakamoto caused speculation that Tensai’s character would be repackaged. However, Sakamoto was back with Tensai on SmackDown last Friday when Tensai qualified for Money in the Bank. They then continued the attack angle on RAW this week.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/eve-torres-returns-on-raw-tensai-storyline-plans/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Wouldn't it be great to see him take out the needles and give Sakamoto a little piercing instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

C'mon WWE let's have it!
    WRESTLEMANIA 29: John Cena (W/Mickie James) VS. Kenny Dykstera (W/Liz Cena)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Kenny really does sound like a fcuking tool.

Ah yeah but if it gets him somewhere in his career, who could blame him? Cash in on the controversy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Ah yeah but if it gets him somewhere in his career, who could blame him? Cash in on the controversy!

Is that you Eric?

Is that you Eric?

No. I am not Eric Bischoff. It is me, Eric Cantona. Be careful or I will do my karate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Forbes, The Rock was the forth highest paid actor in Hollywood in the last 12 months. The top five were...

1. Tom Cruise - $75m
    2. Leo DiCaprio - $37m
    = Adam Sandler - $37m
    4. The Rock - $36m
    5. Ben Stiller - $33m

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a391558/tom-cruise-is-hollywoods-highest-paid-actor-in-forbes-rich-list-2012.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Who in their right mind would pay Adam Sandler that much money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

According to Forbes, The Rock was the forth highest paid actor in Hollywood in the last 12 months. The top five were...

1. Tom Cruise - $75m
    2. Leo DiCaprio - $37m
    = Adam Sandler - $37m
    4. The Rock - $36m
    5. Ben Stiller - $33m

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a391558/tom-cruise-is-hollywoods-highest-paid-actor-in-forbes-rich-list-2012.html

Oh wow, I didn't realise he was anywhere near that level. Fair play to him for coming back so!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Oh wow, I didn't realise he was anywhere near that level. Fair play to him for coming back so!

There you go. It was annoying to hear the marks hate Rocky for coming back "for the payday". He took a massive pay-cut to come back! Including WWE Films' losses he's probably earning somewhere around what the entire WWE company's profits last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay him the price of a fu*king cinema ticket never mind that much.

How much of that does WWE take credit for I wonder, after all John Cena(HHH) said that they advertised Fast 5 for him.

Do you think he has transcended the wrestling business by now though? I mean, when I was in school, some of the kids used to love Hulk Hogan but they didn't really know what he did or who he was, they just loved his picture. I get the impression this is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »

His films are made through his own production company. So the only person in their right mind who would pay Adam Sandler that much money.... is Adam Sandler.

Can you honestly say that you don't like movies like Big Daddy or Happy Gilmore? Man, those are classics. I watch them every couple of years if I happen to catch them on the T.V.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Penn wrote: »
    His films are made through his own production company. So the only person in their right mind who would pay Adam Sandler that much money.... is Adam Sandler.

Same for Cruise and Stiller as well, right? I'm not sure, but I think all three of those basically finance their own films, so tend to take the majority of the profit from them as well. Personally, I think that makes Rock's achievement even more impressive; he doesn't have the same financial clout in production as the others and yet still manages to make money in large chunks.

I wonder if the figures take on board his Mania payday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you think he has transcended the wrestling business by now though? I mean, when I was in school, some of the kids used to love Hulk Hogan but they didn't really know what he did or who he was, they just loved his picture. I get the impression this is the same.

They didn't know who Suburban Commando was? Inconceivable!

• Advertisement

No, what I'm saying is they just recognised him as the guy from that movie and The Nanny!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement