Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading on another board, people are pointing out that Cena and Victoria both started in UPW together, both trained in OVW, so they have a bit of history.

Someone also pointed out that at about the same time, Vic got paired with Kenny on Smackdown as his girlfriend; given WWE's tendency to rib people in mean ways, would anyone put it past them to pair the two together as an inside joke with the Cena relationship problems?

I'm going to say though I loved his diving leg drop. Thought the guy had the brightest future of anyone in years in WWE....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mikey was my boy in the Spirit Squad and I thought they pushed Kenny the most as he was the tallest. Never rated him or his ferret but one of my mates did, he swore he'd be the K in Rated RKO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Former TNA wrestler The Amazing Red had a backstage tryout match over the weekend with WWE reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Red parted ways with TNA back in August 2011.

TNA sue Scott Steiner.

WWE add him to their Alumni page: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/scott-steiner

Coincidence? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steiner Vs Ryback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

candice michelle was married at the time too so could be her too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Alvarez & Meltzer said on their radio that Cena isnt on Money In The Bank as they cant find an opponent for him.

Personally I would love to see him in a Money In The Bank match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    Alvarez & Meltzer said on their radio that Cena isnt on Money In The Bank as they cant find an opponent for him.

As would I, but then they would have to make that MITB match the main event. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is MITB on Sky Sports 1 or Box Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Is MITB on Sky Sports 1 or Box Office?

Sky Sports 2 according to this: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,14206,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That's odd, how can they not find a match for him anywhere?

It shows the lack of real stars when they can't put Cena in a match cause they don't think anyone is on his level.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Why what's Big Show and Tensai doing at the PPV?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It shows the lack of real stars when they can't put Cena in a match cause they don't think anyone is on his level.

TBF i think they backed themselves into a corner with not working on some younger stars to bring up to his level.
    Even someone like Ziggler wanting to use cena to show he can hang in the main event would make sense if they wrote it convincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »

Big Show is in MITB. I'd assume Tensai is either joining him, or being forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »

Big Show is in the Raw MITB match and Tensai was jobbed to Cena in that pivotal angle involving Cole, Cena and BBQ Sauce.

CMpunked wrote: »
    TBF i think they backed themselves into a corner with not working on some younger stars to bring up to his level.
    Even someone like Ziggler wanting to use cena to show he can hang in the main event would make sense if they wrote it convincingly.

Meh, Ziggler is too far gone now imo. He needs a slow build back up. I think what Ziggler needs is to win the US title and try and bring some cred back to it again by having awesome matches with Kofi & Co.

Imagine though if Cena issued an open challange and they let someone like Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose answer it, and that they put up a massive fight. They wouldn't have to win; just lose in the "right" way and get a handshake after the match, and you'd have a major star.

Tbh though, I have no faith in the company to create new stars any more; in the last year, they've murdered the potentials of so many people....

[/chat] (Sorry :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Meh, Ziggler is too far gone now imo. He needs a slow build back up. I think what Ziggler needs is to win the US title and try and bring some cred back to it again by having awesome matches with Kofi & Co.

Imagine though if Cena issued an open challange and they let someone like Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose answer it, and that they put up a massive fight. They wouldn't have to win; just lose in the "right" way and get a handshake after the match, and you'd have a major star.

Tbh though, I have no faith in the company to create new stars any more; in the last year, they've murdered the potentials of so many people....

So basically the same debut as cena?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Arawn wrote: »
    So basically the same debut as cena?

That would have been a great idea. The smarks would remember that nugget of history and the newbies would think it a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think what Ziggler needs is to win the US title and try and bring some cred back to it again by having awesome matches with Kofi & Co.

Match has been done a million times and for that or the IC title before sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alvarez & Meltzer said on their radio that Cena isnt on Money In The Bank as they cant find an opponent for him

Kenny Dykstra :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really piss TNA off and buy out Mickie James' contract and have a match like when the Rockers faced each other with Sherri at ringside!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I would find it weird seeing Cena in a Money In The Bank match. He would just seem....out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well I think it could be what he needs. They need to re-humanize him a little, bring him to reality.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alvarez & Meltzer said on their radio that Cena isnt on Money In The Bank as they cant find an opponent for him

Kenny Dykstra :p

If only. All we need is the random we want Kenny chants ala Matt hardy! Haha :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This weekend marks the five-year anniversary of the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide that occurred over a three-day period ending on June 24, 2007.

Chris Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, strangled his seven-year-old son, Daniel, and subsequently committed suicide by hanging. Autopsy results show Benoit first murdered his wife. She was bound at the feet and wrists and died of asphyxiation on the evening of June 22, 2007. The couple’s son, who also died of asphyxia, was apparently killed as he lay in bed on June 23, 2007. The following day, Benoit committed suicide by hanging himself with the pulley of a weight machine.

Two former WCW stars went on Twitter to remember their late friend.

Perry Saturn: “Another one of those horrible anniversaries. Chris was a great friend and I miss him.”

Scotty Riggs: “Many wrestling fans remember this weekends 5 yr anniversary in their own way, I chose to miss my friends Chris, Nancy & Daniel … All RIP.”

Blue Meanie, who worked with Benoit in ECW and WWE, stated, “Today I reflect on a the 5yr ann. of the most shocking days of my life w/the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

According to F4Wonline.com, John Cena will not compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in a few weeks.

Rumors were circulating that Cena, ending his feud with Big Show and John Laurinaitis at No Way Out, would be inserted at the Money in the Bank Pay Per View in the ladder match. Those plans are no longer in discussion.

Reported earlier this week, Cena is expected to face CM Punk at Summerslam for the WWE Championship. It is being advertised in Boston as John Cena will be chasing for the WWE Championship. This indicates that Cena will not win the title from Punk, but possibly in his hometown. Boston is the site of the September Pay Per View, Night of Champions.

For the remainder of 2012, John Cena is expected to compete for the WWE Championship and remain in the picture until 2013.

Could this lead to The Rock coming back to regain the WWE Title from Cena, like he said after Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Could this lead to The Rock coming back to regain the WWE Title from Cena, like he said after Wrestlemania?

I think Rock will win the title from somebody other than Cena at some point in early 2013, leading up to a second match between the two at WM.

I've always said I think Cena will capture the title round the Rumble, and then Rock will win the Rumble as a surprise entrant, thus giving us Cena vs Rock two in spite of Rock saying he wouldn't fight Cena again....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/25/ion-television-debuts-wwe-main-event/139235/#comment-1207487
    STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2012 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and ION Television today announced a new weekly one-hour original series airing on Wednesday nights at 8/7C. WWE Main Event will debut on October 3, 2012, and feature WWE Superstars and Divas from the rosters of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown. The new show will be available in 100 million U.S. television households on ION Television, a top-rated general entertainment network that features a broad mix of critically acclaimed series, movies and original programming.

“ION Television is delighted to begin a new partnership with such a successful and well-recognized franchise as WWE,” said Brandon Burgess, CEO, ION Media Networks. “As a general entertainment network with a solid foundation, WWE Main Event is a great addition to our lineup that features something for everyone. We look forward to introducing our ION audience to all of the excitement and drama WWE has to offer as well as welcoming a passionate new fan base to the network.”

“WWE looks forward to this new partnership with ION Television,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “We are excited about producing this new television show, WWE Main Event, and bringing our fans to ION Television every Wednesday.”

WWE Main Event will feature in-ring action and fit seamlessly in storylines from Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown, making Wednesday night appointment viewing for fans. The new series will offer a big arena experience with live audiences like current WWE weekly programs.

Whether it is a Superstars clone or replacement I dont know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement