Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Read somewhere too they are interested in Johnny Gargano. Strange hirings by wwe lately they are just pillaging the independents lately. Must be hard for the likes of DGUSA going forward...just how profitable are those ippv's for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    Read somewhere too they are interested in Johnny Gargano. Strange hirings by wwe lately they are just pillaging the independents lately. Must be hard for the likes of DGUSA going forward...just how profitable are those ippv's for them.

I really don't claim to know what is going on in developmental or with the WWE Network. But WWE's Cruiserweight show is still being talked about whether it will be on the Network or as a B show like Superstars or FCW.

Matt Taven a bit of a pretty boy who is 6ft 2 is also waiting on a medical. He has only recently appeared on people's radar after doing jobs for ROH TV:

283273237_640.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

well they can't get any of the great wrestlers from TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Wonder how PAC will get on in the shark tank that is WWE?he didn't come across as much of a confident lad on Cabana's podcast a few months back,which is already a strike against him in the crazy mind of Vince McMahon!

He looks ripped to fúck though so maybe that's why Vince signed him.

well they can't get any of the great wrestlers from TNA.

Its odd that they seem to be hoovering up any big names out there now. They seem to have given up developing their own talents then again if all you can muster in the last what 7,8 years is bland androids who could blame them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I wonder how long before Devitt is on their radar...

Garseys wrote: »
    I wonder how long before Devitt is on their radar...

He is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't NXT filmed before or after Smackdown and so that's where they get the crowd from? Guessing it's before so that people may show a bit of interest instead of having sat through all the better known guys then watching the new guys.

The new NXT is filmed in Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ROH do the best out of them and their record buy is only around 1500. CHIKARA are probably second placed with DGUSA in third. WWE just signing everyone in sight is going to be very bad for the Indy scene. I can see a lot of promotions going under in the next couple of years due to lack of star power.

The top Indy stars make for grim reading compared to only two or three years ago. Davey Richards is probably the biggest name left but I reckon that's because neither WWE or TNA would be interested in him, especially not with his constant retirement talk. After that, Steen and Generico? Steen I can't see ever getting a shot in WWE but TNA would likely take him. Generico would make it in either so I could see him being the next big name signed up. Outside of those, it's getting very slim pickings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Should they all be cutting a piece of their pay checks to Daniel Bryan for proving Indy wrestlers can make an impact in WWE. That they can work hard, have a good attitude and adapt to WWE's way if working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Punk too in fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Punk too in fairness.

Perhaps, I left Punk out as he is with WWE so long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Compared to the lifespan of performers years ago, CM Punk still feels relatively new to me though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Compared to the lifespan of performers years ago, CM Punk still feels relatively new to me though.

Ya Punk is in "year 4" of being more prominently featured, but I feel he's only broken through in 2009 vs Hardy, and was truly prominent from July last year. Unlike the likes of Cena/Orton who've been on top for 7-8 years now.

This monthly PPV business with a slow trickle of new stars really does burn out feuds and characters much quicker. Like look at main event scene of 96, then 99, then 2002, then 2005. Then 2008, then 2011. Unfortunately today is basically the same without the most over stars (Taker, HHH, HBK) and the guys replacing them are not half as over.

That said, give it 5 years, I think WWE will be in a much better position with those main-stays permanently retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Your Guide to Getting RAWactive!
    July 09, 2012

Starting with the historic 1,000th episode of Raw, WWE takes interactivity to the next level when Monday nights go RAWactive! Whether you’re watching Raw at home or from inside the arena, you’ll be able to influence the action — via phone, tablet or computer. Imagine tweeting a vote to choose the opponents you’d like to see in the main event, or sending a video message to your favorite Superstar and seeing it air on live television!

We’re inviting you to become a part of the show ... so are you ready to get RAWactive? First, you'll need to grab the free social media tools listed below, then make sure to tune in every Monday night at 8/7 PM CT to join in!

Join WWE on Twitter | Sign up now

As a part of the RAWactive experience, you can cast votes and impact the show by tweeting speciifc hashtags. For example, during Raw, we might ask you to tweet #cagematch, #streetfight or #2outof3falls to determine the stipulation of a match. We may also solicit your opinions about the action, and display the best comments on-screen during the show! Just keep it to 140 characters or less, and your voice will be heard!

Join WWE on Tout | Sign up now

During Raw, record and send 15-second video messages directly to WWE's Superstars using Tout, a free videosharing site and mobile app. Using your phone or tablet’s video camera, or your computer’s Web cam, record yourself, then click "Submit." Who knows — the Superstars may respond, or your video might even make it into the broadcast!

Download now

Open this free smartphone app whenever the “Shazam Now” logo appears on Raw. Click the "Touch to Shazam" button, and Shazam’s “listening” technology will unlock bonus content on your phone featuring your favorite Superstars and Divas, including exclusive video playlists, photo galleries and official WWE theme music.

Download now | View WWE's Instagram album

Show off your fan signs to the world via Instagram, a free app that enables you to snap photos of your works of art and share them with the Universe. And make sure to follow WWE on Instagram, too, to see exclusive photos taken by your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas.

ALSO INTERACT WITH US ON...

Join WWE on Facebook | Sign up now

See the latest news and highlights from inside and outside the ring at WWE's official Facebook page, where you can “Like,” comment, and vote on polls and posts.

Join WWE on YouTube | Sign up now

Subscribe to WWE on YouTube, and enjoy highlights from Raw and SmackDown, and weekly original webisodes featuring your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas.

Join WWE on Google+ | Sign up now

Join our outpost on Google+ for the latest highlights and features from WWE.com, and connect with other WWE fans in video chat “Hangouts” to discuss WWE highlights and original Web series.

Join WWE on GetGlue | Sign up now

Get stuck on WWE at GetGlue, the social network for entertainment. Check in during your favorite WWE programs and share what you’re watching with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Plus, earn special sticker rewards for check-ins.

Join WWE on Pinterest | Sign up now

At Pinterest we're sharing all things WWE, including your favorite WWE photos and highlights, all posted to our customized “pinboards.”

The fúck is this? I think Vince is becoming slightly obsessed with social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    The fúck is this? I think Vince is becoming slightly obsessed with social media.

20-do-not-want.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they're all at it though

tumblr_m6tei0sRn11rwh4m1o1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TNA are nowhere near as bad. Usually they'll just say X is trending and leave it at that. WWE do be practically begging people to use it.

Don't anyone dare to call out Raymond for his Twitter or myspace accounts.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    TNA are nowhere near as bad. Usually they'll just say X is trending and leave it at that. WWE do be practically begging people to use it.
    Yeah they were desperate to get Goatface trending again on raw a fortnite ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

At the business summit in Miami they had a big section of it about social media (where we found out that John cena has more likes on Facebook than the entire population of Ireland) - and they said "you think you've seen us utilise social media....you aint seen nothing yet"

So there's more to come.

• Advertisement

If only this ad-less twitter whoring actually converted into tangeable increase in business - TV ratings, PPV buys, or more advertisers...?

Serena should have stayed on the Marina:

000178312.jpg
    Former WWE talent Serena Deeb, 26, was arrested on July 8, 2012 in Tampa, Florida for operating a vessel while intoxicated. Her crime was categorized as BUI—Boating Under the Influence. She was released on $150 bond.

Deeb appeared for WWE in 2010 as a member of the CM Punk-led Straight Edge Society, a group which promoted and abided to abstinence and discipline—primarily no smoking, drinking, or drugs. The faction acted as a militant organization, denouncing all people who didn’t practice the straight edge lifestyle, even those who also abstain from substance abuse. Her contract was terminated in August of that year, with WWE sources cited to the Pro Wrestling Torch saying that she was not maintaining the gimmick’s image in public.

Deeb continued to wrestle independently following her release from WWE. She took an indefinite break from the profession in October 2011 after suffering a serious concussion in a match and now works as a yoga instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Twittah Worldwide

To be fair, TNA will copy WWE patterns no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JoeSnow wrote: »
    To be fair, TNA will copy WWE patterns no matter what.

Jeremy Borash caught onto Twitter (and integrated it into TNA's programming) long before WWE (or most other industries for that matter).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I feckin hate twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

A "contractual impasse" between DirecTV and Viacom will see the satellite service drop 17 Viacom stations effective Midnight Eastern standard time tonight if a new deal isn't reach. This would include Spike TV, which airs TNA Impact Wrestling every Thursday, as well as MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET and Comedy Central, amongst others. Viacom is requesting a 30% increase in fees according to DirecTV, while DirecTV said on Tuesday they would be willing to agree on a different level. DirecTV is currently in 20 million homes or 17% of U.S. homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

A "contractual impasse" between DirecTV and Viacom will see the satellite service drop 17 Viacom stations effective Midnight Eastern standard time tonight if a new deal isn't reach. This would include Spike TV, which airs TNA Impact Wrestling every Thursday, as well as MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET and Comedy Central, amongst others. Viacom is requesting a 30% increase in fees according to DirecTV, while DirecTV said on Tuesday they would be willing to agree on a different level. DirecTV is currently in 20 million homes or 17% of U.S. homes.

This type of thing happens all the time and is generally a negotiating ploy. I would be genuinely shocked if a deal isn't reached.

AMC had the same hassle a few weeks ago and it was miraculously resolved a few hours before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Twitter annoys me.

TNA were pretty sparse mentioning it at Destination X but WWE seem to force it much harder, plugging it throughout the show. That said TNA cut to actual tweets during the show, so it's more in isolated pockets.

That said I've no doubt TNA wouldn't be doing this is WWE weren't so high on it. I also remember when ROH started their Sinclair broadcast they were doing a fan-tweet of the week, and in POST-PRODUCTION TNA suddenly added their fan tweet of the week so it looked like ROH copied them, and not the other way around. Carnies.

I do however think TNA are using social media much better than WWE, in the way it's integrated into promos (eg Bully Ray) and do little bits of storylines in there too. Joseph Park's kayfabe twitter is a lot of fun too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It's not as if Twitter is a secret only WWE knew about, they were all going to get on it eventually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement