Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Do you think Punk is being genuine there? Seems a bit fishy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If they're planning on putting the title on Kane then I agree with him!

He's probably just pulling a Matt Hardy though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He's probably just pulling a Matt Hardy though in fairness.

Wouldn't be the first time he's pulled something that Matt Hardy did.

3125657_o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

New WWE Champ will be AJ!
    Read it here first
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Maybe he was told to generate interest in the PPV.
    Could anything do that tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Looks like those punk tweets are fake the font is different to twitter and their are people who get his tweets sent to them via text and they haven't got these tweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah it's a fake just checked his real account he's going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Looks like he's just keeping kayfabe to me. Fair play.

Oops. Didn't realise this continued on this page. My bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It was a fake and I was duped.

Anyway Billy Corgan is doing a US version of DCW:
    http://jaedmc.blogspot.ie/2012/06/resistance-pro-taken-by-force-6152012.html

Cringeworthy read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider:
    WWE TWITTER PARTNERSHIP UPDATE

A highly placed WWE source has indicated that the company's new partnership with Twitter (which will see them integrate video, audio, etc. into WWE tweets) actually cost the company a pretty penny in order to come on board. The source believes there was a high "six figure" pricetag that came with the partnership.
    I know of other companies outside of the wrestling world that have paid Twitter as an "advertising buy" in order to get their accounts verified and also promoted within Twitter, so I would not be shocked to see that be the case.

I was also told that with the new partnership comes the ability to tap into Twitter for help with dealing with parody and abusive accounts playing off WWE's intellectual properties. So, if there is an account you enjoy because it snarks at WWE, enjoy it now, because it could get dusted if it crosses the line.

All this money for Chris Benoit not to trend on the 24th.

They already tried to take down CrankyVince!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone see Punk on Jimmy Fallon yet?

Don't bother it's stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

They already tried to take down CrankyVince!

CrankyVince is gone:(

599410_462629373765561_1469652973_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Aw i hope i dont lose my beloved wwe creative. :(
    Parody accounts are what made twitter fantastic in the first place. It goes without saying that "BY GAWD, TWITTER JUST SOLD ITS SOUL TO SATAN HIMSELF!"

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

In theory couldn't an account like WWE creative just change it's name to something non WWE and be grand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just read a smackdown taping report there and the Main Event for the show was Sheamus Vs Dolph Ziggler, between that and Raw how pissed would you have been if you actually ordered that PPV!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    Coincidentally, the @CrankyVince account was shut down the day it released a message stating that Alberto Del Rio wanted to quit WWE.

“WHAT? DEL RIO WANTS TO QUIT? TELL THAT POMPOUS ASS: NO. THEN, TELL HIM TO GO **** HIMSELF. THEN, **** YOU,” the message read.

A source reports that Del Rio had a dispute with upper-level management that day and threatened to quit WWE. One company source says Del Rio was frustrated with his role and contemplating a departure. A second source said the incident wasn’t that big a deal and that both sides were wrangling over a contract matter. A third source believes the spat was a little bit of both.

Del Rio has leverage; he has no issues with income and could return to Mexico as a heralded former WWE Superstar. A company employee expressed skepticism Monday night that Del Rio had legitimately suffered a concussion, noting that he was “too injured” to work No Way Out Sunday but healthy to work Monday’s RAW. The employee believes the concussion was a cover excuse for issues that came up between Del Rio and WWE, necessitating his removal from the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If anyone wants the Official Money in the bank Facebook cover - here ya go, direct from Stamford CT

MoneyintheBankFacebookCover.jpg

There is also a twitter skin if anyone wants it - just yell at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hey Grames can you hook me up with the Twitter skin? You'll earn yourself a new "follower."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hey Grames can you hook me up with the Twitter skin? You'll earn yourself a new "follower."

here y'arr!

MoneyintheBankTwitterSkin.jpg

I never use twitter anymore - I'm supposed to with work but it's just too much effort for not enough reward!

enjoy the skin though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Figure I'll post this here. Kenny Dykstra (aka Kenn Doane) talked about why he was fired from WWE (tl;dr version, Cena slept with Mickie James and Kenny was cut to avoid problems).

“So one day I see Mickie on the computer and I don’t give a damn it’s not my right to see what she is doing and it never was. I was always great to her. took her many places on vacations and bought her many things, was a great boyfriend. Now at the time Cena was messing around with another diva at the time (who’s name will remain anonymous because she had no effect on my life or job so its not our business) but i ended up using the computer once Mickie got off it and i went to Google and when you start typing it pulls up past searches. Past search was “Mickie James dating John Cena” so I’m not mad just curious I was like hey what the heck is this your trying to find info on? She stared at it for like legit 2 mins and I’m looking at her like “did you forget how to read? say something, WTF” she got up and ran into the other room crying saying she was sorry and she felt bad and admitted to it. I’m not one to get mad or jealous I don’t know why, I think it has to do with all the things I’ve been through as a child that you really cant hurt me much more than i have been already. So i look at it as there are SO many woman in this world why get upset over 1? to me that makes sense.

So I don’t have John’s number so I call his diva “road” girlfriend. I ask her if she knows anything about it and she says she had a feeling because John recently dumped her and she is over him now. (yes by this point your probably thinking if WWE just videotaped the real lives of these wrestlers we would have a much better show to watch on Mondays) So here i am sitting on my porch trying to piece all this crap together. Got 1 diva who is married to a guy outside of the business but she sleeps with Cena, then we got Cena who sleeps with rats (groupies, girls not in the biz, girls in the lobby waiting for an invite upstairs, in some countries mules because their fat) and this married diva, and now my girlfriend, then i got Mickie who is supposed to be my girlfriend who is Googling if her secret has been let out. Now I’m thinking before I do anything stupid and risk losing my job that I’ve worked for since I was 13 and gave up college scholarships to play football for I need to think of the best way to handle this. I tell Mickie just leave, go to your moms house or your sisters i just need time to think. I decide to call WWE office and ask for John’s number and explain what happened. They say their sorry and try to make me think they got my side. Following weeks I’m off TV and off the road until i get sent to Smackdown. Ironically Johns former diva got sent too. So now were on complete separate schedules and when their is a joint PPV I’m off the road that day too and get flown in on a Monday for a Tuesday Smackdown. Yeah complete B.S. I get jobbed out then they take me off the road more and fire me. When Johnny ace called me to fire me I asked him if this is why I’m getting fired. He told me we don’t have anything for you and depending on whether you choose to discuss this issue will determine on if your allowed to come back in the future. (so basically if i mention Cena and Mickie then I’m banned) I decide i will keep it to myself since I just want to wrestle and entertain people. I go back every time their in my area and they always say the same leading on words (we like you we will call you in a week) then never call me at all. So I now figured out their just going to keep doing this because if they piss me off i will reveal their Superstar for what he really is and if they bring me back I could start trouble with Cena and that wouldn’t be great for the company either. Lets go back a little bit shall we. So now I’m gone from WWE and Mickie and Cena are banging full time having a merry old time. Mickie becomes champ, get TV roles and gets attached too.

John knowing this is going too far needs to put a stop to it so he breaks it off for whatever reason (maybe he felt guilt as he was getting married) and Mickie flips out cries all over backstage snotting everywhere and it looks really bad. She now loses her title and jobs out and becomes Piggy James (inside joke since she was a piggy for sleeping around, they even had Jared from subway introduce her – ya know, “roast beef”) then gets fired.”

“Now to answer your question. I get flown into TNA to try out. before my try out I see Dixie Carter and tell her thank you for bringing me in and I hope she gets a chance to see what I can do. We talk for a little bit and she ends the conversation with “ya know for a guy who got fired for a bad attitude I don’t think your that bad” I’m like what! so i chase her down and say Mrs. Carter why did you say that and where did you get that information if I might ask. She said its all over the internet. So I do my research and find it all over the place that i got fired from WWE for a bad attitude. So now John and Mickie took my personal life, took my job, and left me with a bad reputation. That’s real nice. When i was there in November i was actually excited to talk with John and I wanted to bury this all. He walked by I put my hand out and said hey you got a minute? he didn’t shake my hand and said “for you absolutely not” so i was like “really OK John, that’s cool”. So to all you people that disagree with me bringing this up now Its merely to clear my name of having a bad attitude, I respond to you haters with respect and I don’t poke fun at you through twitter or anywhere. and because I now realize that if John is there then I probably wont ever be in WWE again. And i understand WWE’s point, he is a bigger star and he is their number 1 guy. I get it i own my own business and am happy doing what i do. I’m not doing this for 15 mins of fame or to try to get bookings or anything like that. Would i wrestle for TNA? if I could make more money working for them or equal to what i do now then yes otherwise it would be a dumb choice right? (verbal yes or head shake is suffice) Another thing people claim my timing is bad on this and maybe your right. John is going through a divorce right now and really wish him and Liz a peaceful divorce. But if anyone of you lost your job, personal life and then got stuck with a bad reputation your gonna honestly say you wouldn’t do the same thing? lets get real people.”

Full interview here: http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-interview-with-former-wwe-superstar-kenn-doane/

To be honest i believe every word Doane is saying, I always thought it was really really weird how a guy, who was so young, had so much potiential was fired from WWE so soon after being the breakout star of one of the worst gimmick stables ever.. The guy had future Superstar written all over him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Normally I don't pay attention to these kinda stories, but that was way too much information to just make it all up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Glad to see CrankyVince is back on Twitter, this sh*t seriously needs an appreciation thread:pac:
    Cranky Vince ‏@CrrankyVince

GIVING @SENATORLINDA THE "FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE". LINDA, NO-SELLING IT. APOPLECTIC WOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Should be pretty straightforward to work out which married diva was drafted to SD around the same time as Doane before he was released. If you're bothered!

Either Torrie Wilson or Victoria from the looks of things..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sounds like a true story from Kenny.

But its pretty clear he decided now is a good time to put this out there with Cena's divorce. Can't blame him for wanting revenge (assuming he isn't telling porkies is in his story)

• Advertisement

My money would be on Torrie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement