Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

please, no more KMA club...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Regarding Raw's 1000th episode, there seems to be some confusion as to whether the real 1000th episode will be July 23rd or July 30th. Regardless, WWE are promoting it as the July 23rd episode. But the 900th episode was on August 30th 2010 which would mean the real 1000th episode would fall on July 30th.

Source

WWE will be treating the July 23rd 1,000th RAW as a major pay-per-view with all hands on deck. They have reached out to the usual Legends like Jim Duggan, Gene Okerlund, Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Hart and Dusty Rhodes but are looking to use other stars we don't always see on nostalgia shows. Bobby Heenan's name was brought up but his bad health would likely play a factor.
    The idea going around is to have both an old school and a new school production vibe to the show. They want to lock The Undertaker's return in and start advertising his appearance in hopes that it will help ratings. The plan is to promote the show hard with a three week tv build, including announcing a pay-per-view quality line-up. They are also looking to introduce new talents on the three-hour show.
    WWE creative is currently being pushed to come up with a "knock your socks off" type of angle for the summer. The idea is to jolt the interest of fans, similar to the Nexus angle in 2010 and the CM Punk angle in 2011. This stems from the low ratings and somewhat stagnant product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Would Vince have deep enough pockets to get a Hogan appearance (without any promoting of either company of course)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Carlito on his fight with John Cena: "I actually had a fight with [John] Cena. I forget where it was, but we got into a fight. A drunken fist fight. He told me I wasn't applying myself. He said I should be at a higher level. I didn't punch him because I'm not going to punch the face of the company. It was more like a drunken fight. I don't think we were out to hurt each other. I was just defending myself, but Cena, he's strong as hell."

"He jumped at me first. They ended up separating us about three times. I felt like he and I had always been close. I think he just wanted to see me do better. Cena is one of those guys that's a top guy, but he wants to see other guys. He doesn't try to hold guys down, he wants to see them come up."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10025559.shtml

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Christ remember him... Carlito Cool... spitting the apple and all that. He was completely wiped from my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm remember JR saying at the time that they had high hopes for Carlito becoming a top star. He obviously didn't apply himself in the right way, towards the end of his run he'd wasn't even hitting the gym and his muscle mass dropped considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Carlito, forgot about him, think that was the year I stopped watching WWE.
    Whats this I hear about vince announcing something on monday night?, a drastic change?
    source was a youtube comment from 15 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I remember hearing that Carlito was only interested in putting in the effort if he was getting pushed. WWE meanwhile were only interested in pushing him if he was putting in the effort. Vicious circle that neither side seemed willing to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ric Flair cut a backstage promo once and a lot of people felt it was a worked shoot on Carlito.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

To be fair I would rather go home with Torrie rather than stick around to watch the main event of Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah, I am questioning Ric's judgment on that one, to hell with WrestleMania in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I always heard that Carlito was lazy and unmotivated backstage. Hell when he stopped getting pushed after going to Raw, he just didn't look like he cared when he was on screen either just going through the motions. Either way it's history now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone remember when Naitch used to be going up to Jeff Hardy and say 'you were this close tonite' then when Naitch turned heel he said 'to hell with Hardy'. LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kofi Kingston is cursed:
    WWE Tag Team Champion R-Truth is absent from this week’s four-event RAW brand tour of Spain due to a broken foot. His immediate future remains unknown at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

rovert wrote: »
    Kofi Kingston is cursed:

I'd like to see him team up with Cena.

Wow this finally happened. :eek:
    PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE has acquired the Watts video library consisting of Mid-South Wrestling and the original Universal Wrestling Federation. The library, which was owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife Ene as part of a divorce settlement, was the largest known video collection now owned by WWE. There had been numerous meetings and attempts to purchase the library by WWE but the two sides had been unable to come to terms. WWE will officially take possession of the library this week. One WWE source noted that there are already discussions internally to do a DVD documentary on the promotion as well as full fledged DVDs on Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Duggan, all of whom were major stars for the territory. I want to thank Brian Pickering for his help.

****ing love Mid South.

MANLY AMERICAN wrestling not your fake sissy boy Liberal stuff:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ex wwe wrestler who is using a snippet of a conversation to get his name into the dirtsheets?
    Doesnt sound desperate at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ex wwe wrestler who is using a snippet of a conversation to get his name into the dirtsheets?
    Doesnt sound desperate at all..

A snippet of conversation from years ago too.

• Advertisement

Mitsuharu Misawa gone 3 years today.

WWE makes extraordinary tribute videos and things like that. But this video is on another level IMO.

ROB NAYLOR MEETS WRESTLING SANTA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Deadspin, an excellent sports site, are doing a series where people document their real life encounters with wrestlers: http://deadspin.com/pro-wrestling/

some of them are rather sad - example of a shop employee's encounter with Goldust
    I spent December of 1999 working several jobs in Gainesville. One of those jobs was on the loading dock at Toys ‘R Us. For an extra fee, customers could pay to have bikes, etc. built by employees instead of doing it themselves at home. An additional benefit was that big items, that were hard to hide, could be kept at the store until near Christmas.

On the night of December 23, I was at the back of the store and a series of customers came by with receipts to pick up their crap. I finally get to this giant dude who is posturing like a roided-up douche. I ask him for a receipt and he takes umbrage to store protocol. He drops a couple of f-bombs and makes a scene. The manager peeks out to assess the situation but he takes one look at the customer and literally runs back to his office.

Because I felt sorry for this piece of ****'s kids, being so close to Christmas, I ask his last name to see if there is an invoice that matches the motorized car he claims to have purchased. He tells me his last name is Rhodes. After checking 50+ stored toys, I tell him there is no invoice with this name. He goes completely bananas. He begins by breathing through his nose like a horse and starts pressing up to me with his chest.

I calmly asked if beating-up a Toys ‘R Us worker was the best way to handle this situation - I was way past giving a **** with this temp job. That did not go over well. At this point a wife/girlfriend stepped out of the car to intervene. No surprise she looked like someone who would bang a roided-up douche and someone who has: 1) caused lots of fights due to her choice of revealing attire; 2) had to cool-off this guy for flying off the handle on numerous occasions. I told them that I really wanted to help and asked if there was another name the invoice might have on it. Then the girlfriend gives me a different last name, Runnels, and, of course, there is the car right where it should be.

In the time it took for this to go down, there were a bunch of employees who had moved to the back to witness what was going on. After this dumbass left, one of my co-workers says, "I sold that car to him. That dude is a pro wrestler." He then explained that his name was "Goldust" but that he was also "Dusty Rhodes, Jr." or some **** like that. The whole story thing made very little sense to me. But I realized that I almost got the **** kicked out of me because some asshole was shopping under his fake wrestling name instead of the name that WAS ON HIS CREDIT CARD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Reading the stories of Shawn Michaels on that link - What an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

dlofnep wrote: »
    Reading the stories of Shawn Michaels on that link - What an arsehole.

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AHAHAHA The Virgil stories had me in stitches!!

Edit: Wrestlezone FAKE

iuEx1ULBLpm1Y.png

IWC Pandering or they are putting the title on Kane rumour true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Maybe he doesn't like AJ being involved in the planned finish of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Maybe he was told to generate interest in the PPV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement