Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You can tell he's old just by his usage of the term "dearest".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dwayne Johnson ‏ @TheRock
    The Peoples Champ, The Maestro Michael Bay, The Olympic Gold Medalist @RealKurtAngle #PainAndGain
    Kurt with the creepiest pervert head on him :pac:ArusZaoCEAAcrlW.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kurt looks/is crippled up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You can really see how bad Kurt is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

He has that "maybe if I stand like this ill be in less pain" look about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I bet Kurt is proberly the happiest he's been in age in the pic. Being with The Rock again, doing a movie. Proberly misses the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Bella twins are. Wwe say they were fired but lets be honest they didn't renew their contracts. I for one well not miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Interview with Charlie Haas about WWE's Tag Division and Laurinaitis.
    Mike Buda from SportstownChicago.com recently had an interview with Charlie Haas and he talked about ROH’s tag team success, Jim Cornette, John Laurainitis, Team Angle and his thoughts of WWE’s tag team division and how to fix it. Here are a few interesting things he had to say:

On WWE’s tag team division:

“If you look at their tag team division, it sucks. The wrestlers don’t suck, the division sucks. Creative doesn’t know it; I don’t know if it’s creative or the political bull**** Vince McMahon or whoever that don’t like tag team wrestling. They don’t push it and they don’t showcase it like they used to. At one time, it was phenomenal when you had Edge and Christian, the Dudleys, the Hardys and the New Age Outlaws. That was great, but now they just throw two guys together and they put a couple of ****ty belts on them that look terrible. Those belts look like pennies.”

On how to fix WWE’s tag team division:

“You’ve got one of the greatest minds in the business, who was part of one of the greatest tag teams and that’s Arn Anderson. I would go back to the agents and say ‘Arn, you’re in charge of the tag team division. Come up with some tag teams, create tag teams and create story lines.’ Let the agents that have been in the ring and have done their jobs, let them write the business.”

On John Laurainitis’ job:

“He has a hard job. Everyone can say that he should do this or do that, but I guess you really can’t tell until you’re in that position. He’s got a lot of pressure on him and he’s got to show that they’re saving money and that the money they’re putting out towards wrestlers are going to produce to make that money back. It’s a numbers game with him and it’s tough for him. I think he does the best that he can to his capabilities.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The Rock knew when to get out of the business. He still looks as healthy as an Ox. Kurt on the other hand will be lucky to make 50 :(

Go back and look at Kurt just 10 years ago, he was a machine. He's broken down and frail now and should call it quits. Sign a legends contract with WWE and wrestle 2 or 3 high profile matches and retire, before his body retires on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

dlofnep wrote: »
    The Rock knew when to get out of the business. He still looks as healthy as an Ox. Kurt on the other hand will be lucky to make 50 :(

Go back and look at Kurt just 10 years ago, he was a machine. He's broken down and frail now and should call it quits. Sign a legends contract with WWE and wrestle 2 or 3 high profile matches and retire, before his body retires on him.

10 years ago Kurt was CLEARLY on steroids though, think people forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Personally I think Angle looks healthier now. He looked like a freak this time ten years ago, his neck was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The Rock looks much bigger these days too. I watched Summerslam 2001 earlier and he looked a good deal smaller than he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,356 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul Heyman will be heading to WWE headquarters soon to work on the new CM Punk DVD. Last year, Heyman was interviewed for Steve Austin’s most recent DVD set. Both Steve Austin and CM Punk personally requested that Heyman be involved in their projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Michael Bay hides it well.

Angle needs a refund if he is still on them too.

What a locker room

574907_10150872615808764_241230503763_11820432_152948256_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Thought Bobby Lashley was doing MMA these days?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Thought Bobby Lashley was doing MMA these days?

He does. He wants to get into boxing now thought. He is a ****ty, less successful Brock Lesnar. Total bust that lad.

rovert wrote: »
    He does. He wants to get into boxing now thought. He is a ****ty, less successful Brock Lesnar. Total bust that lad.

Don't even mention him in the same sentence as Brock!

Who are Lawler and Nash wrestling?

We agree on something ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yeah, less successful than Brock is an understatement! Lasher had a rough time with soup cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Leave the poor God of Thunder alone. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lol at the Bella's getting more prominant billing than King, Nash and Lashley :/

Some former WCW wrestler was added to the WWE superstar page and judging by his Bio, Milestones, and Career Highlights, he retired in 2001 and hasn't been seen since.

Link - TNA doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Some former WCW wrestler was added to the WWE superstar page and judging by his Bio, Milestones, and Career Highlights, he retired in 2001 and hasn't been seen since.

What's worse is they're not even kind enough to link to his Twitter.

Link - TNA doesn't exist.

I'd give anything to see Sting have a retirement match at Mania :( I think he has one big match left in him.

After the omni disaster that was the Wrestlemania weekend shows ROH decided to take the iPPVs in house instead of relying on 3rd party host GoFightLive:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/border-wars-ippv-broadcast-news

This is probably the making or breaking of the company. Personally, I am extremely pessmistic as the owners Sinclair Boardcasting Group is a very apparently a Low Cost Provider. Joe Koff Michael O'Learyesquely the CFO told angry fans that they got what they paid for. Also the production values of the TV despite improvements is still f*cking ****e.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'd give anything to see Sting have a retirement match at Mania :( I think he has one big match left in him.

He certainly deserves one huge pay day before he retires from the business.

Depressing note from Meltzer this morning:
    There were also a lot of fingers being pointed at the problems on the PPV including Cena’s promo, Lesnar nearly getting hurt, as well as the timing issues on Raw with the Jericho finish being botched. Vince McMahon now wants more rehearsals and the writers and producers and well as production people were told he wants more communication. One person close to the process expects that the content will be more rigidly scripted and Vince is going to have to approve just about everything.

As if Vince wasnt crazy or overloaded enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Depressing note from Meltzer this morning:

As if Vince wasnt crazy or overloaded enough

Seriously though, they were stupid botches and better communication would have gotten rid of that (regarding the Jericho one).

Also bullsh*t on the Cena promo, Kevin Dunn is director, if it wasn't meant to happen it would have been cut off, they have the 10 second delay...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement