Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steroids

Options
  • 03-05-2012 2:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭

They're ALL on steroids...look at the Rocks arm and frame in that photo - it's unnatural. Anyone with a bit of knowledge on nutrition and weight lifting knows that he's on about 30mg of Tren a week. I'm not saying there is anything wrong in that and if supervised by a doctor, is less harmful than most believe but just thought I should point that out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

By my calculations I would also suggest maybe he isn't on 30 mg of steroids and maybe is a freak who trains really hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

By my calculations I would also suggest maybe he isn't on 30 mg of steroids and maybe is a freak who trains really hard.

Whatever makes you sleep at night....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yousef wrote: »
    They're ALL on steroids...

Michael Bay hides it well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd like to think Rock's smarter than indulging in steroids or HGH since he's a smart, rich, successful charismatic guy and not a carny anymore. He is crazy jackked though. That said maybe he just spends a ton of time in the gym as you said.

Steroids only help decrease rest periods so you can get a better workout in the same amount of time. If you have the time you could definitely do it. He's a large man anyway and bulked up for GI Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd like to think Rock's smarter than indulging in steroids or HGH since he's a smart, rich, successful charismatic guy and not a carny anymore. He is crazy jackked though. That said maybe he just spends a ton of time in the gym as you said.

Steroids only help decrease rest periods so you can get a better workout in the same amount of time. If you have the time you could definitely do it. He's a large man anyway and bulked up for GI Joe.

Wrong.

Different steroids have different effects, such as increasing the ability to build muscle, and/or increasing the ability to reduce bodyfat. Also the ability to reduce pain from heavy lifting and intensive workouts.
    Look at the Mr. Olympia - do you really think all juicing does is let you do more effective workouts?!

Rock is smart - there's no reason he couldn't (and isn't) undergo a medically supervised course of high quality anabolic steroids and reap the results, which are appearing as a jacked-up, larger than life action man.
    Steroids are NOT the devil when used correctly, no matter what the media says. You can USE steroids, you can also ABUSE steroids. There's a big difference between them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Would it bother you if he was indeed on steroids? Do you think people would turn against him? I personally have no problem with it, I can't even see where it may be an issue. He's an entertainer - and we as people that watch the product demand the highest quality in athleticism. If steroids help these performer with that, then so be it. They've made that decision to be in the limelight and it's incredibly competitive.

The Rock is under continuous medical supervision - performance enhancing drugs are not dangerous when used correctly. They're an ally in the sporting world. If there are real trophies or tournaments to be won they can obviously play a massive role in the outcome putting the other team at an impossible disadvantage but I honestly don't see any problem with the Rock juicing in the scripted industries he earns his living in, both Hollywood and a wrestling ring where appearance is everything.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks for the info Jimmy. Would you say wrestlers in general have a history of using steroids, or abusing them?

Obviously in the medical world steroids can be extremely beneficial (asthma, arthritis etc) not without their side effects, but although a supervised course of short-term anabolic steroids would likely be completely fine, I'm against them. Mostly because the the last 20 years of American Wrestling is littered with corpses with steroid-caused HOCMs.

There's also the matter of steroids being illegal (without a prescription) regardless of your stance. I'm sure Overeem would rally the cause though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Thanks for the info Jimmy. Would you say wrestlers in general have a history of using steroids, or abusing them?

Obviously in the medical world steroids can be extremely beneficial (asthma, arthritis etc) not without their side effects, but although a supervised course of short-term anabolic steroids would likely be completely fine, I'm against them. Mostly because the the last 20 years of American Wrestling is littered with corpses with steroid-caused HOCMs.

There's also the matter of steroids being illegal (without a prescription) regardless of your stance. I'm sure Overeem would rally the cause though.

It's hard to say really - you have guys like Ricky Steamboat, who I would wager (but obviously cannot prove) was using steroids (he was quite bloated looking, water retention is usually a reasonable sign) but is still doing pretty well health-wise at almost 60, though he did have some form of injury from a Nexus attack a couple of years back. But Steamboat is a guy who isn't the dark image of an 80's / 90's wrestler.
    Steve Austin is the same - his physique was superb in 1996, 1997 and 1998 while he worked his way up, but these days he's still in tip-top condition, notwithstanding the injuries that were caused by physically wrestling.

On the other hand, you've the likes of Warrior or Lex Luger who clearly used them harder than most, owing to the physiques they both had. However, I would point out that Warrior has no health problems I've heard of, and Luger was a demon for recreational drugs which are far, far more harmful than steroids.

The documentary 'Bigger Faster Stronger' is a superb insight into the overblown damage that the media spins when it comes to steroids versus other substances - deaths from exclusive steroid usage are extremely rare. You look through a list of dead wrestlers, and almost all of them had documented substance abuse histories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's hard to say really - you have guys like Ricky Steamboat, who I would wager (but obviously cannot prove) was using steroids (he was quite bloated looking, water retention is usually a reasonable sign)

99% sure he has admitted it.

He was RIDICIOUSLY jacked when he first debuted in the WWF in the 1980s. Even for someone who doesn't really mind steroids it was a total "oh, Ricky you've let yourself down here, dude" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

out of curiosity, why are steroids banned in the WWE. If they are safe when used appropriately, surely they could be used for the aesthetic benefits? I get why performance enhancing drugs are banned in real sports, but this is a tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Chris Benoit...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

D.Q wrote: »
    out of curiosity, why are steroids banned in the WWE. If they are safe when used appropriately, surely they could be used for the aesthetic benefits? I get why performance enhancing drugs are banned in real sports, but this is a tv show.

22815.jpg

You should buy Fighting Spirit Magazine this month.

Public Relations as WWF pitched wrestlers as role models/to children. During the 1991 trial of Dr. George Zahorian, he testified that he had sold steroids to Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and McMahon himself as well as sending over three dozen packages of steroids to Titan Towers. With the Federal government breathing down his neck, in November, 1991, McMahon instituted a drug policy within the WWF.

Then post Eddy Guerrero's death the wellness policy was introduced for health and PR reasons.
    Africa wrote: »
    Chris Benoit...

It was before that.

rovert wrote: »
    You should buy Fighting Spirit Magazine this month.

Public Relations as WWF pitched wrestlers as role models/to children. During the 1991 trial of Dr. George Zahorian, he testified that he had sold steroids to Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and McMahon himself as well as sending over three dozen packages of steroids to Titan Towers. With the Federal government breathing down his neck, in November, 1991, McMahon instituted a drug policy within the WWF.

Then post Eddy Guerrero's death the wellness policy was introduced for health and PR reasons.

It was before that.

Good shout, its out already?

Yeah, I could be wrong, but wasn't the connection between Benoit and steroids just something the media hopped all over? I thought it was more to do with the constant concussions/knocks to the head that caused damage over time.

Good shout, its out already?

Yeah, I could be wrong, but wasn't the connection between Benoit and steroids just something the media hopped all over? I thought it was more to do with the constant concussions/knocks to the head that caused damage over time.

As in the current one that came out a couple of weeks ago.

They jumped on steroids as ROID RAGE was the easy explanation. However there was some evidence of premeditation and his actions weren't heat of the moment. He was just crazy/evil. Steroids came up as he was found to have 10 times the level of testosterone in his system than a normal person does. Benoit was taking Testosterone Replacement Therapy under doctors supervision as it was loophole WWE allowed until the fallout of the murders. TRT was something Wrestlers abused as a replacement for steroid use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

They're ALL on steroids...look at the Rocks arm and frame in that photo - it's unnatural. Anyone with a bit of knowledge on nutrition and weight lifting knows that he's on about 30mg of Tren a week.

Rock has to be on more than just Tren, his arms are so enormous it's actually scary. Actually it's hard to find anyone on the roster who isn't on some form of Steroid or HGH.

WWE started their Wellness Policy on February 27, 2006, and in 2007 during the infamous steroid pharmacy bust, Sports Illustrated published details on drugs on which wrestlers bought which drugs.

Drug Key:
    Somatropin (a Human Growth Hormone)
    Nandrolone (Anabolic steroid)
    Genotropin (Human Growth Hormone)
    Stanozolol (Anabolic steroid which counter effects problems with other steroids)
    Anastrozole (Stops side effects of steroid use such as breast growth)
    Testosterone (Natural steroid)
    Chorionic Gonadotropin (Maintains natural testosterone)

- Chris Benoit, received nandrolone and anastrozole in February 2006.

- Eddie Guerrero received nadrolone, testosterone and anastrozole two weeks before passing away in November of 2005.

- Brian Adams (Crush) received nandrolone, testosterone, and somatropin in December 2006. He was not employed by WWE at that time, and hadn’t worked for the company for several years.

- Sylvain Grenier, who received somatropin, nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol from February 2005 through July 2006.

- Chavo Guerrero received somatropin, nandrolone and anastrozole from April 2005 through May 2006.

- Shane Helms received testosterone, genotropin and nandrolone from November 2003 through February 2007.

- Randy Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol form September 2004 through February 2007.

- John Hennigan (Morrison) received somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin from June 2006 through February 2007.

- Ken Anderson (Kennedy) received anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone from October 2006 through February 2007.

- Shoichi Funaki received somatropin in March 2006.

- Charlie Haas received anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin from August 2006 through January 2007.

- Edward Fatu (Umaga) received somatropin between July and December 2006.

- Darren Matthews (William Regal) received stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin and anastrozole between November 2004 and November 2006.

- Adam Copeland (Edge) received somatropin, genotropin, and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nah rocks clean as a whistle, just last week on movie set, where ironically he is playing a bodybuilder

article-0-12C0A337000005DC-885_634x708.jpg

Dwayne-Johnson-sighting-On-The-Set-Of-Pain-And-Gain-01-512x696.jpg

Dwayne+Johnson+Mark+Wahlberg+Pain+Gain+set+AdUYbkyt8col.jpg

7655d1334232808-mark-wahlberg-dwayne_lb_1488089a.jpg

Charisteas wrote: »
    Rock has to be on more than just Tren, his arms are so enormous it's actually scary. Actually it's hard to find anyone on the roster who isn't on some form of Steroid or HGH.

punk, bryan, big show, clay, lord tensai, swagger, miz, christian are not on anything

i have my doubts about mason ryan and ryback too, think they might be clean :p

rossie1977 wrote: »
    punk, bryan, big show, clay, lord tensai, swagger, miz, christian are not on anything

Implementing the Funaki rule on most of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The rock is turning 40, even if he was a genetic animal his body stops producing tetosterone by a massive amount by now. There is no natural way for a middle aged man to be bigger than he was 10-15 years ago when his job was to look jacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I know a 6 foot 2 guy, is very lean 11.5 stone, but not toned or muscular but freely admits to me he's on juice.

With so many different types these days you can never tell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Steroids =/= muscle. Guys like Funaki used them!

Show, Clay, Tensai, Swagger, and Miz more than likely are.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

He had very decent size chest and arms for a small guy though.

2ltmv5u.jpg

carte-wwe-slam-attax-funaki.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Implementing the Funaki rule on most of these.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »

so you think big show who produces far more testosterone naturally than he would ever need is juicing?? on his dvd last year he said he never even entered a gym let alone work out till recently, that he would be eating something in the car while the other wrestlers worked out, if bryan or punk are juicing i would be amazed, swagger is smaller now than his freshman year in college

lol the newz sitez would have a field day in Punk was ever caught in an online pharmacy bust.

Remember kids, he doesn't smoke, drink, or take mind-altering drugs. Nothing about not taking an extra something that the body produces naturally anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

so you think big show who produces far more testosterone naturally than he would ever need is juicing?? on his dvd last year he said he never even entered a gym let alone work out till recently, that he would be eating something in the car while the other wrestlers worked out, if bryan or punk are juicing i would be amazed, swagger is smaller now than his freshman year in college
    I never said that. I simply pointed out that even smaller guys like Funaki have been busted for using them. It's not only big guys that use them.

jesus. Awful lot of wasted chemicals there.

Funaki, Helms and Chavo stand out.

Very surprising to see Regal on that list after his very hilier than thou, Im clean now, book.

Edge is also a surprise, always thought he looked very natural and lean.

Rock in those pictures, Jesus. Theres not a 40 year old on the planet that could look like that naturally.

Edge is also a surprise, always thought he looked very natural and lean.

edge did come out and say he took them to heal his neck injuries but his ex wife lisa in 2005 said
    Edge and Lita may be one thing, but take away Adam’s steroids and what would he be? Another 6-4 skinny guy.
    http://www.mikemooneyham.com/2005/04/24/wife-takes-aim-at-edge/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Whatever makes you sleep at night....:confused:

You can tell who weight lifts and who doesn't with some of these posts.

Advertisement