Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    That's not true. As long as people are polite and respectful in the main.

yeah, too many fans expect wrestlers to be "on" 24/7, they need chillout time like everyone else, so once people realise that there shouldnt be any issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Personally I have a bigger issue with CM Punk pandering to the "LOL dirtsheets" crowd myself. Partly as I caused it by passing on a PWTorch article to a mutual friend who then past it on to Punk. But on the other hand has sparked a new boom period for my Twitter trolling as most of that crowd has never actual read a dirtsheet or think Lords of Paste is a dirtsheet.

^ Petty man.

#priorities
    yeah, too many fans expect wrestlers to be "on" 24/7, they need chillout time like everyone else, so once people realise that there shouldnt be any issues.

He's grumpy gus and I know there are stories. I aint white washing him. He was a pr*ck in that radio show interview about Beth Phoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like wrestlers (in their character gimmick persona) being on twitter isnt a good idea imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yousef wrote: »
    apple falling from tree

You know Punk is not my dad right? You can PM me if you want to be sure!

To be clear, I never defended what he said. Just his entitlement to say what he likes. His employment status does not change that right. I concede what he says could change his employment status pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE Champion CM Punk took to his Twitter to speak out against Amendment 1 in North Carolina, which defined marriage in the state constitution as between one man and one woman. The measure would ban any other type of "domestic legal union," including civil unions and domestic partnerships.
    "Amendment 1 is ridiculous," Punk wrote. "It's an invasion of people's rights. North Carolina, why do you care if somebody wants to marry who they love? Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it's illegal is embarrassing.
    "Divorce rate is at least 50% between men and women, so don't give me the values angle. Making same sex marriage illegal is the same as having segregated drinking fountains. Embarrassing. The human race is embarrassing. #evolve"

TNA wrestler "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero criticized Punk's comments and accused him of wanting to play God.
    "So humored by the hypocrisy of those who wanna play GOD, or change what GOD intended," wrote Dinero. "You wanna evolve? Seek GOD! Hows that for change?~PHS"
    Punk and Dinero have history, as the Straight-Edge superstar has often referred to Dinero as the worst wrestler he's faced, including during a radio appearance in February.
    "My least favorite opponent; does anyone even remember Elijah Burke?" Punk told WISX FM in Philadelphia. "Oh, he was terrible. He is absolutely the worst. Absolutely the worst. Talk about a diva. Man oh man, sorry if you liked him."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pope is still with tna? Thats the real story there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

That's not true. As long as people are polite and respectful in the main.

No? He has gone on record many times saying he will blatantly ignore people who come up to him when he is not doing anything 'official'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have a story up on the history between Punk and Bryan (inc. a picture from ROH).

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-05-07/cm-punk-daniel-bryan-history

ROH in 2012 ROH fashion give something anyway free that will cost them buys for their big iPPV this weekend:
    ROH ISSUES STATEMENT ON iPPV TEST THIS EVENING
    By Mike Johnson on 2012-05-09 19:28:32 ROH issued the following statement:
    ROH Fans - We apologize for the difficulties in watching the Free Punk Vs Bryan Video as we did not anticipate the exorbitant amount of fans trying to watch it all at once.

For those that missed it, we will leave it up through the weekend as well as post it to YouTube.

Rest assured, this was due to our media server not handling the load that was created by this free video. For our iPPV this weekend, we will be using a highly regarded Content Delivery Network (CDN) to prevent anything like this from happening.

The incorrect use of exorbitant bothers me greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Vince McMahon has been talking about doing another “Stand Up for WWE” campaign. He’s told people that WWE will be getting a lot more aggressive about the persecution from the “liberal media.” One person close to the situation said that if Linda McMahon doesn’t do good in the current Senate bid, then they are looking to get more outspoken.

– Speaking of Vince, he was encouraged by the numbers of the Santino Marella vs. The Miz YouTube match from Extreme Rules. The feeling is that with more promotion, they could get the number of viewers up.

– With John Cena turning 35 recently, there is talk that after going with names like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and now John Cena, the next “top guy” in WWE may be Vince McMahon’s last hand-picked face of the company.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/backstage-vince-mcmahon-news-latest-plane-more/
    FCW star Kassius Ohno, the former Chris Hero, is reportedly out of action due to a cervical sprain that happened at the April 26th FCW tapings in a match against his former partner Antonio Cesaro. Ohno did a twisting dive onto a bunch of guys but landed short and on top of his head. He was able to finish the match but was taken to the hospital for x-rays.
    http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/new-over-the-limit-match-chris-hero-injured-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

So, who's Vince gonna pick? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

With John Cena turning 35 recently, there is talk that after going with names like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and now John Cena, the next “top guy” in WWE may be Vince McMahon’s last hand-picked face of the company.

This is surely premature, Cena still has 5-8 years left in WWE barring any major injury. Maybe he will finally turn heel in the year 2020.

Vince will be there until his health dictates otherwise.

Regarding the next "top guy", I can't think of anyone on the current roster who it could be. Haven't seen much of the FCW/NXT guys though.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Aurora Rose Levesque

Charisteas wrote: »
    This is surely premature, Cena still has 5-8 years left in WWE barring any major injury. Maybe he will finally turn heel in the year 2020.

Vince will be there until his health dictates otherwise.

Regarding the next "top guy", I can't think of anyone on the current roster who it could be. Haven't seen much of the FCW/NXT guys though.

tumblr_m3rug9PoPO1qbfr32o1_500.jpg

Bateman off NXT. Big boot, leg drop, next boom period.

Maybe he will bring back even more past stars or push Roidback to the moon.

Bateman off NXT. Big boot, leg drop, next boom period.

Age isn't on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Obviously going to be Brodus Clay,they didn't invest in an expensive disco ball for nothing brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

the-miz-03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Nah,they already tried that and it bombed.That's why he's losing to my boy Brodus at the moment!

• Advertisement

I dunno, I really see Megastar potential in the guy..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I could honestly see Sheamus; he's praised by HHH and got good work ethics. He's big (Vince requirement), white and can play a good face. Only problem is he can't do the whole American flag/support the troops piece which I can see being a very big disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dean Ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

The Chosen one Drew McIntyre obviously

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Daniel Bryan or I riot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Ziggler? He deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Would love Dolph to be the main guy but I just don't think Vince would pick him. Can see a jobber to the stars future for poor Dolph with his ability to sell for anybody.

Of the main roster there's nobody I can think of. Purely on wrestling ability it should be Dolph or Cody but that's never going to happen.

montyrebel wrote: »
    The Chosen one Drew McIntyre obviously

Bout as much chance of him than others that have been mentioned tbh. If it was a year ago people would say Punk but now we know that ain't likely. Cena is safe enough for a good few years he only has to try to look as big as the ould names they keep bringing back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

RVD added to WWE alumni page: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/rvd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement