Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Those 2 songs make me wish Game would pull a rappers name out of a hat and start beefing with him just to give him some motivation and focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

new game single i think. not bad for a song for radioplay. looking forward to the album. he always has 3 or 4 bangers on all his albums

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.14520/title.game-f-chris-brown-pot-of-gold

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Danow247 wrote: »
    new game single i think. not bad for a song for radioplay. looking forward to the album. he always has 3 or 4 bangers on all his albums

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.14520/title.game-f-chris-brown-pot-of-gold

My favourite Game track since L.A.X. i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

This is more of a chris brown song ft game than the other way around, I dont like it game is a rapper with a crutch at the moment he is to dependant on features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Why is this the most popular thread on the forum.:confused:
    No disrespect to game, or prettyboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Why is this the most popular thread on the forum.:confused:
    No disrespect to game, or prettyboy.

Due to the epic beef of Pretty Boy vs mufcboy1999. Pretty Boy hasnt posted in here in a while so I guess one of mufcboy1999's goons had him shot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Due to the epic beef of Pretty Boy vs mufcboy1999. Pretty Boy hasnt posted in here in a while so I guess one of mufcboy1999's goons had him shot.

ah good times fun had by all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Why is this the most popular thread on the forum.
    It isn't..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055902398

ok, so why has someone as irrelevant as game generated 25 pages.
    you neednt answer that, i already know the answer, i just rephrased the question for the pedant among us.

• Advertisement

Well, why do you continue to post in the thread when you clearly don't like Game or his music? You believe he is irrelevant in Hip-Hop today and that your fellow forum members shouldn't be paying any attention to him by posting in this thread. You have made your feelings clear so there really shouldn't be any need for you to post in this thread again. Maybe then the thread will die and you'll be able to move on and address another one of the many issues you have with this forum?

Here's a new video of Game on the set of the 'Pot Of Gold' music video.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

This is a hip hop forum. Game is a hip hop artist. How is he irrelevant? I am not a fan of anything he has done since his first album but he is relevant, a long thread shows that?

Have some manners young man, dont people who troll on here realise they look like fools? Seriously?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Here's a new video of Game on the set of the 'Pot Of Gold' music video.

looks very similar to the my life video to be honest, im not mad about the song either. its honestly like a chris brown ft game song.

i taught red nation was his first single anyway?

This is a hip hop forum. Game is a hip hop artist. How is he irrelevant? I am not a fan of anything he has done since his first album but he is relevant, a long thread shows that?

Have some manners young man, dont people who troll on here realise they look like fools? Seriously?
    dont people who try to look clever read the thread they are trying to look clever in?
    weve already established the size of the thread has nothing to do with game, and is more down to two individuals going back and forth about nothing.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well, why do you continue to post in the thread when you clearly don't like Game or his music? You believe he is irrelevant in Hip-Hop today and that your fellow forum members shouldn't be paying any attention to him by posting in this thread. You have made your feelings clear so there really shouldn't be any need for you to post in this thread again. Maybe then the thread will die and you'll be able to move on and address another one of the many issues you have with this forum?
    why so emotional?
    i simply asked why the thread is so long considering game is done.
    if you wernt so lead by your heart when posting you would have seen ive contributed very little to this thread, and what i have contributed has not been hate.

maybe what needs to happen though is someone finding out how you can continue to report people without foundation, or reason, how you can continue to accuse people of trolling, how you can continue to show emotins to the point of turning a thread nasty, and how you can continue to tell people what they can and cant do in the forum.

u said this

I am no expert on trolling but shouldnt you also read your own post before you reply in haste? I was responding to your comment above? If you mean something else be more specific - I am not mystic meg (or psychic sally)

1) take your time to formulate your thought
    2) stop & think - am I adding to this discussion in a constructive way?
    3) only when your sure post

i simply asked why the thread is so long considering game is done in the game.

As much as I dont like his later stuff isnt he signed to a major label Aftermath with an anticipated album out this year?

I am not sure you alone can declare him "done in the game" (also speaking like you yourself are a rapper is kinda lame imo)*

*unless you are a rapper who 'aint done in the game' obv

u said this

I am no expert on trolling but shouldnt you also read your own post before you reply in haste? I was responding to your comment above? If you mean something else be more specific - I am not mystic meg (or psychic sally)

1) take your time to formulate your thought
    2) stop & think - am I adding to this discussion in a constructive way?
    3) only when your sure post
    read the whole thread before posting, or at least the last few pages, your not the forum police, let the mods decide what is trolling and what is not trolling.

As much as I dont like his later stuff isnt he signed to a major label Aftermath with an anticipated album out this year?

I am not sure you alone can declare him "done in the game" (also speaking like you yourself are a rapper is kinda lame imo)*

*unless you are a rapper who 'aint done in the game' obv
    ok so were on a forum but were not allowed to give opinions, you mind telling me what the rules of the forum are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Stop now please.

Just show restraint, everyone has to get the last word in these little bickering episodes.

Let's just get back on topic and try to stay there.

sorry mate but the constant jabs gets annoying, people need to know that if someone else has a different opinion to theirs that that is not trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'll be a bit more blunt.

When a mod implies that people should stop trying to get the last word in, don't turn around within two bloody minutes and try to get the last word in.

Secondly don't play the innocent "I'm not trolling card" when you bluntly refer to the subject of the thread as irrelevant without backing it up. If you don't like the subject of the thread then elaborate on why. Provoke a discussion rather than an argument. There is a difference.

Consider this the last warning. Any posts I deem off-topic or continuing down the road of pointless bickering will be infracted.

looks very similar to the my life video to be honest, im not mad about the song either. its honestly like a chris brown ft game song.
    OK.
    i taught red nation was his first single anyway?
    Might be a street single? Might be a bonus on the album? I don't know to be honest.

This thread needs some cheering up. Listening to 'We Ain't' again and saw a fan made vid on youtube but it is 50 cent rapping haha idiot!

Just for reference sake if nothing else...
    After seeing "Red Nation" do pretty well on several late night gigs, it seems more and more likely that Game will actually drop his oft-delayed R.E.D. Album in August as promised. Actually, no, let's cut the bull**** -- this record is definitely dropping in two months. Well, just as long as "Pot of Gold," Game's new single, catches on like it should. And once you hear it, I'm sure you will agree that it will take a lot of piss-poor promotion for this track to not be a hit. It's that same cheesy, borderline-emo stuff that landed Eminem and B.o.B smash singles over the past few years, so why wouldn't it work for Game, too? It will. Plus, it doesn't hurt his chances that Chris Brown is on the hook.
    http://www.prefixmag.com/media/game/pot-of-gold-f-chris-brown/53557/
    The Game has released a new song called 'Pot of Gold,' featuring R&B singer Chris Brown, a track that may be the first song of the west coast rapper's to feature a lyric about rainbows.

The hard hitting hip-hop song is about wanting to get out of the rat race, stepping out of the spotlight and letting the public eye wander away. Brown sings, "All this bright light is not for me, I close my eyes and imagine I'm home."

Game clearly has not lost any of his bark during his absence. His angry flow matches the tone of his lyrics: "They say death comes in three / Who's the next in line / And I just lost a best friend for the second time."

The chemistry between Brown and Game make this track a true hit. Brown plays the sentimental one, making the listener sympathize with the song's message, while Game gives the song its street sensibility.

The Game's fourth album, 'The R.E.D. Album,' is due out Aug. 23, and will feature production from big-name contributors like Kanye West, Just Blaze, No I.D. and Swizz Beats.
    http://www.aolradioblog.com/new-song/the-game-pot-of-gold-chris-brown/
    Game and Chris Brown follow a rainbow in search of a ‘Pot of Gold’ on a new song expected to appear on Game’s ‘The R.E.D. Album.’ ‘Pot of Gold’ doesn’t possess the hard-hitting street sound of Game’s last single, ‘Red Nation.’ Instead, simple guitar strumming and a gentle beat carry the song, making it a likely candidate to cross over and connect with pop audiences.
    Ironically, Game raps about getting out of the game, giving up his rap career and going on “a quest to find peace“:
    Y’all don’t understand, I’m misunderstood / Give Interscope two more albums then I’m done for good / Sold ten million records, ain’t leave the hood / It’s a cold world, everybody need a hug / And everybody doin’ time, stay head strong / You still got a chance to live even though you did wrong.
    Brown does his part by delivering an inspiring hook: “All this bright light is not for me / I close my eyes and imagine I’m home / I miss the days when life was simple / But if I never try to follow that rainbow in search of the pot of gold.
    A sensitive, introspective message from Game? Call us pleasantly surprised. Look for ‘Pot of Gold’ on Game’s ‘The R.E.D. Album,’ currently planned for an August release.

4.5/5
    http://popcrush.com/game-pot-of-gold-chris-brown/

Malice wrote: »
    I'll be a bit more blunt.

When a mod implies that people should stop trying to get the last word in, don't turn around within two bloody minutes and try to get the last word in.

Secondly don't play the innocent "I'm not trolling card" when you bluntly refer to the subject of the thread as irrelevant without backing it up. If you don't like the subject of the thread then elaborate on why. Provoke a discussion rather than an argument. There is a difference.

Consider this the last warning. Any posts I deem off-topic or continuing down the road of pointless bickering will be infracted.
    Load of rubbish, I'm back to being a troll because I didn't say game is irrelevant because ..........................
    See you all in 4 months, or maybe never, hopefully game will have released his album by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hugh Cream infracted for continuing down the road of pointless bickering.

What will happen 1st, Game's album will drop or this thread get closed!

Anyway, funny little vid of that scallywag Game and his crew stealing 50 Cents basketball rim. Blair Snitch Project haha

• Advertisement

i vaguely remember this, this was out last year?

Advertisement