Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJ21

This is what we've been waiting for. This is Game, Dre and Snoop at their best.

drugtestcover.png

Game - Drug Test (ft. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg & Sly)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I went out for an hour and two new Game track appear online? He's flooding the web right now.

Game -"Believe That?" featuring Lil Wayne (prod. by DJ Toomp)

This track will be on the mixtape.

Drug Test is a real West Coast track, I really like it, Khalil did a great job with the beat. About time we heard the three of them on a track together too. That is a confirmed album track so after hearing it I'm more confident that the album will live up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im not mad about it to be honest taught it would and could of been better, i think dre is horrible on it he is doing his best impression of kendrick lamar, he sounds identical to him and then i found out lamar had a hand in writing the song along with j cole and 1 or 2 more according to DHH.com.

Snoop featuring on this song has 0 impact i taught he would actually contribute a verse, waited a long time to see these 3 west coast artists on the same track and i think the outcome is average to poor.

I heard before game uses ghostwriters but i didn't think it was true bar the few songs 50 wrote for him on the documentary, if it is iv after losing a lot of respect for him as an mc because i doubt lamar and cole etc just wrote dre's verse.

Here's the mixtape tracklist, should be good...

28546310150264456169507.jpg

Also seriously doubt Cole , Lamar, etc. had a hand in writing Game's verse, don't believe everything you read on the internet...

• Advertisement

not liking the mixtape at all find it very hard to listen to, feature after feature, same old name dropping lyrics in just about every verse of every song.

most of these tracks bar about 2 or or 3 are just awful, terrible mixtape if you can even call it that full of album cuts, i know it was probably meant to be but its a slap in the face to artists who actually pride them selves on there mixtape material.

official tracklist for the album, similar to the one prettyboy posted above with a few skits added etc.

in all this is just what i didnt want another game album full of features, this just proves my point he struggles to make good music without the help of another artist i think there's only 4 songs on the album without some sort of a feature and there' what 21 cuts never the less i am looking foward to hearing it after a 2 year wait.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/08/game-r-e-d-tracklist/
    1. Dr. Dre Intro
    2. The City (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    3. Drug Test (Feat. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg & Sly)
    4. Martians Vs Goblins (Feat. Tyler, The Creator & Lil Wayne)
    5. Red Nation (Feat. Lil Wayne)
    6. Dr. Dre 1
    7. Good Girls Go Bad (Feat. Drake)
    8. Ricky
    9. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
    10. Heavy Artillery (Feat. Rick Ross & Beanie Sigel)
    11. Paramedics (Feat. Young Jeezy)
    12. Speakers On Blast (Feat. E-40 & Big Boi)
    13. Hello (Feat. Lloyd)
    14. All The Way Gone (Feat. Mario & Wale)
    15. Pot Of Gold (Feat. Chris Brown)
    16. Dr. Dre 2
    17. All I Know (Feat. Lu Breeze)
    18. Born In The Trap
    19. Mama Knows (Feat. Nelly Furtado)
    20. California Dream
    21. Dr. Dre Outro

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ft. Nelly Furtado, Drake, Mario, Chris Brown....uuuugggghhh roll on stupid stupid rnb hooks potentially wrecking a hard Game song.

And where the hell is the given drunk track ft. Busta?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Not holding out much hope for this at all, same old usual suspects as well, it becomes sour.
    Interested to hear the Tyler song though.

the snippets have been released, its hard to get a decent feel for it with the snippets but i like the sound of marsians vs goblins, to be honest everything else judging from the snips im not mad about. listining to this hasnt got me excited at all.

dre seems to be telling games life story in his interludes, nice touch from what i heard of it but it doesnt sound great overall imo.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/08/game-the-r-e-d-album-snippets/

• Advertisement

like the sound of ricky, sampling boyz n tha hood.

xxl rating, what rating would an l amount to?
    353795e.jpg
    IMAG0273.jpg?width=721

nice scans man, ya 3/5 album, seems to be meh alright listening to the sampler.

just above average?

Nah looks like this:

1 - crap
    2 - fairly crap
    3 - average (R.E.D)
    4 - good
    5 - Illmatic

ye i say its going to be average nothing more, the album snippets really sounded just ordinary.

with all these features and help from other artists and pharrell co-producing the album i think its safe to say it should have been better but look what do we expect every single 1 of his single attempts and anything related to the album has been bad, i think he's finished musically if this is really an average album as xxl rated it.

game saying he is the biggest and only rapper on interscope :rolleyes: , going in on jay z again, calls eminem pop and more.

pharrell is co producer but only has one production credit on the album, am i right?

personally speaking i think game seems pizzed off or tired of the game(pardon the pun)
    but he seems to have boxed himself into a corner where hes all alone, he has nobody.
    its been said a billion times but i genuinely feel if game got back working with 50 that would reinvigorate him, not make him better because im not saying hes only good with fif but just get his interest level and excitement going again.

could be completely wrong though.

game saying he is the biggest and only rapper on interscope :rolleyes: , going in on jay z again, calls eminem pop and more.

idiot had game call em pop and cut him off in a second, thats a dream quote for a radio dj and this fool passes on it.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    pharrell is co producer but only has one production credit on the album, am i right?

i think so, a bit strange i would of taught he would appear vocally considering pharrell has a history of producing hits for rappers jay z, snoop dogg etc all had huge success working with him.

pharrell was heavily involved in the first round of single attempts by game, it must be me and aint no doubt about it , just seems a bit strange to me that he's not taking part vocally on the album since then maybe it was a clash of creative differences or something like that.
    personally speaking i think game seems pizzed off or tired of the game(pardon the pun)
    but he seems to have boxed himself into a corner where hes all alone, he has nobody.
    its been said a billion times but i genuinely feel if game got back working with 50 that would reinvigorate him, not make him better because im not saying hes only good with fif but just get his interest level and excitement going again.

could be completely wrong though.

i think it could benefit the both of them to be honest, 50 isn't far behind game in terms of making rubbish music lately, well at least his solo stuff because in fairness 50 ft'd on a few hits recently but his 1st 2 attempts for his new album have been nothing short of sh*t.
    idiot had game call em pop and cut him off in a second, thats a dream quote for a radio dj and this fool passes on it.

ye game was lucky he could of walked himself into a sticky situation if the interviewer kept on him, if that was angie martinez from hot 97 or flex they would have roasted game there for saying he is the only rapper on interscope and eminem is pop, you cant just say stupid things like that infact his very own boss dr dre is on the verge of releasing detox (we hope).

like game has never went pop :rolleyes:...

tbf i think game is just talking about em's level of success rather than the music hes making but your right, another dj would have pressed him on the comment, tried to stir up contreversy.

a radio rip of born in the trap prod by premo has been leaked.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/en/play/s/900ad51-409829/

500 bars has been released over the otis beat too, its rubbish if you ask me, whats he even rapping about he's just dropping names like there's no 2mro, talk about trying to beef for no reason with jay z just desperation.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/08/premiere-game-daytona-500-500-bars

Album has leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Album has leaked.

Where u see this mate??

Just listening to it. 1st tune The City is pure fire! Stupid acapella and outro to the song tho. Classic Game on the track even with the ridiculous line that you can name him in the top 5 with biggie, pac, nas and hova HAHAHAHAHAHAH ah classic Game. On to the rest of the album....

yep just settlin down there now and going to give it a blast.

here's the youtube channel to isten to it, be quick though will be deleted soon.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_588345&list=PL090AEE4FE83A8DCF

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Just downloaded it there and after a full listen i will purchase it.

In fairness to him he always has 5 or 6 quality tracks on all his albums bar his 1st album which was a classic imo. i think its solid album anyway after 1 listen. good mix of songs. a few fillers in there but most albums have them these days.

fav songs so far: Ricky, The City(kendrick murders him though), martians vs goblins, all the way gone.

everyone seems to love the ricky track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Had to laugh when Tyler came out with this beauty of a line in his verse - "shít was expected like Jayceon whenever he name drops". Glad someone called Game out on it but didn't expect it on his own track.

The few songs I've listened to are pretty solid so far. As said before Game always throws out a few class songs. To be fair though with a 21 track album there's surely gonna be a few fillers.

Advertisement