Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I hate him as well. He's nearly worse on the hooks though. Then he appears 3 times on a song, instead of just the once.

The slower beat suits Game but not a slower version of this. It just doesn't sound right. Maybe if I'd never heard the original "Zombie Nation", or the Three 6 Mafia/Chamillionaire versions then I'd possibly like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I hate him as well. He's nearly worse on the hooks though. Then he appears 3 times on a song, instead of just the once.

The slower beat suits Game but not a slower version of this. It just doesn't sound right. Maybe if I'd never heard the original "Zombie Nation", or the Three 6 Mafia/Chamillionaire versions then I'd possibly like it.

Maybe, I have heard lots and lots of mixes of zombie nation fast and slow it is a great beat every time imo.

The verses are good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok so I downloaded California Republic today... 24 tracks, ALL with features.

Can someone please listen to it all and tell me what is useful? I really dont fancy filtering through the crap for the 3 or 4 decent tracks. PrettyBoy, I'm lookin at you mate! :pac: haha

I know this sounds really lazy, but honestly I've downloaded all of The Game's mixtapes with DJ Skee, must be 5 of them at this stage, and... They are all garbage bar 2 or 3 tracks. I just dont have the energy for another DJ Skee mixtape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Only listened to the tape once so far so not sure if I'm the best person to recommend which songs you should listen to, I like these tracks mostly for the beats, the verses/guests aren't very memorable IMO.

God Speed (Go to 2:40 for the Dublin shout out :P)

Death Penalty

GreyStone

Tonight

Come Up

My favorite song so far is the first track, God Speed. There are a good few Neptune tracks that were recorded in 2009 but I'm not into them, never thought Game and The Neptunes were a good match so I wouldn't recommend any of them.

Unless you're a big Game fan then the tape probably isn't worth downloading, I'll listen to it a few more times but that's it I'd say bar 2 or 3 songs, it's definitely his weakest mixtape in a while IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

god speed is a banger alright.
    all out in dublin with those green bottles bubblin
    liking that.

the rest is fairly forgettable tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Agreed, like most mixtapes unless you are a fan then don't bother (obviously this is only for known artists)

Advertisement