Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some great tunes on the album but then there is some awful tunes as well. Was expecting a lot worse so fair play Game.

My fave so far:

The City
    Martians vs. Goblins
    Red Nation (didn't like this when I 1st heard, just fits the album)
    Ricky
    The Good, bad and ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

just listened to ricky on youtube, beat is excellent but game doesnt really find the flow of the song for me, maybe it was the mp3 that i listened to but he seems off beat.
    definitily a song where the beat is better than the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the 5 or 6 good songs on this album are unreal some top stuff, a lot of fillers i dont see the point in making this a 21 cut album and just ruin what could of been a potentially really good album if it was maybe shorter like a mbdtf.

if im going to be honest i think there's slightly more bad than good tracks on it, a lot of features cant help feeling game's got a big helping hand again in making an album, some of the more memorable verses/hooks come from other artists imo.

my favs

the city (lamar makes that track his own, kills it)
    ricky
    martians vs goblins (love this)
    good girls gone bad
    born in the trap (game delvers on a premo track love it)
    mama knows
    everyone seems to love the ricky track.

if you like boyz in the hood hugh i think you'l like it, couple of samples and references from the film... good song, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Waited for this album for a long time and at the moment, feel a little deflated by it. A few good tracks and some not so good. I'll give it as much as chance as possible.

after a good few listens now imo its not a great album, as i said the good songs are great but theres only the 5 or 6 worth actually listening too the rest i cant listen to just plain bad music.

as a whole it isnt a great album to say the least, i wasnt expecting anything amazing going by the rubbish he has released the past few years but it could have been better.

5/10 for me, i dont know you can make a 21 cut album and only have a handful of good songs, disappointed after a long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

wrote:
    5/10 for me, i dont know you can make a 21 cut album and only have a handful of good songs, disappointed after a long wait.

Waiting on albums, for me anyway, tends to hype them up. Been waiting on this for an age and its not what i anticipated. J Coles album is what i'm really waiting on, just hope it wont end up being the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, after a good listen, I find myself just repeating the same 3-4 songs. Ah well, I have enough material to put together a Game mixtape anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I think it is a good album but I expected better.

came across this, interesting enough imo...a break down of game's name dropping on the red album maybe the biggest surprise of all is i dont think he mentioned 50 once on the entire album normally he's the 1st name to be dropped on any song/album.

thegame5e_infographic-e1314119979891.jpg

maybe that prompted game to come out and say his next album ill have no name dropping or features now thats something i will look forward too..

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/08/the-game-already-working-on-5th-album-and-is-set-to-have-no-features-no-name-dropping/

game also talks jay z and why he doesnt really like him, i have to agree with game here if what he says is true. he says jay z told him to find a new lane when game 1st met him.

last but not least, game caught up in a fight in LA looks like to be that fella who was giving dre and 50 guff at the kush video set, i think he has his own company called active in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

ricky and born in the trap >>>>>>>>

that martian sh*t is cool....

rest of this is garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Game European tour dates about to be announced, he will be playing the Olympia (Dublin) on November 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Game European tour dates about to be announced, he will be playing the Olympia (Dublin) on November 20th.

Should really have a thread on it's own. Great news though.

Insane night in The Olympia last night, Game made the crowd go crazy, unbelievable performance, seen him live 7 times now and never seen a crowd lose their minds like I did last night, Kid Red from BWS was crowd surfing and jumping off balconies, was up on stage with him for Martians V Goblins, One Blood, I'm The King, Pot Of Gold... unbelievable night, unbelievable experience

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Insane night in The Olympia last night, Game made the crowd go crazy, unbelievable performance, seen him live 7 times now and never seen a crowd lose their minds like I did last night, Kid Red from BWS was crowd surfing and jumping off balconies, was up on stage with him for Martians V Goblins, One Blood, I'm The King, Pot Of Gold... unbelievable night, unbelievable experience

Sounds like you had a great night, glad to hear it. It's pretty special when you get to see your favorites and they dont disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Not bad. How'd you manage to get up on stage with him?

Did he play many tunes from his first 2 albums? They're really the only ones that I've a real interest in.

were you at his first gig here, in the point depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I was at Game gig (been to almost all his gigs in Dublin). Good atmosphere and great momentum at the start. For me and ppl I was with the documentary tracks were the strongest. Sums up his career imo Annoyed at the lull in the middle where he took the birds on stage and drank the bottle of "Vodka". Also his DJs made serious errors all night. Crowd were into it big time and he is definitely a force of nature. The guy was better than I rememberthough just wish other albums were as strong

Side note wish hip hop gigs didn't have all the stop starting weak **** with the medley of DMX tracks etc

Also wish it wasn't Sunday dying this morning.

Not bad. How'd you manage to get up on stage with him?

Did he play many tunes from his first 2 albums? They're really the only ones that I've a real interest in.
    I was in the front row and he said if you're wearing red you can come on stage, we hopped straight over the barrier and AR (Game's best mate) put his arm out and helped me on stage. I'd say they let 15-20 lads on, was up there for 5 or 6 songs and then he finished, amazing experience being up there with everyone from BWS him and seeing the crowd from the stage. Met and got pictures with Game, AR, Mysonne, Nu Jerzey Devil, Kid Red and Teyana Taylor (Star Trak artist that was on MTV Sweet 16 a few years back).

Played a lot from first two albums, from memory: Westside Story, Dreams, How We Do, Hate It Or Love It, Higher, No More Fun and Games, Start From Scratch, Put You On The Game, One Blood, Let's Ride, Wouldn't Get Far, Scream On 'Em, Where I'm From, My Life, Dope Boys, Game's Pain, The City, Martians V Goblins, Ricky, Red Nation, Pot Of Gold and a few more so the majority was from his first two LP's. He also did an acapella of 'Infared' with a kid from the audience that looked about 15/16 who was very good, knew it word for word, two of them going back and forth, the crowd loved it.
    Hugh Cream wrote: »
    were you at his first gig here, in the point depot?
    Yeah saw him twice at The Point, January 2005 supporting Snoop Dogg and again in July 2005 for his own show.
    bigpoppa wrote: »
    I was at Game gig (been to almost all his gigs in Dublin). Good atmosphere and great momentum at the start. For me and ppl I was with the documentary tracks were the strongest. Sums up his career imo Annoyed at the lull in the middle where he took the birds on stage and drank the bottle of "Vodka". Also his DJs made serious errors all night. Crowd were into it big time and he is definitely a force of nature. The guy was better than I rememberthough just wish other albums were as strong

Yeah only bad thing about the show was his DJ, he messed up the intro for 'Higher', met him at the end of the show then and he was actually a very nice guy happy to meet fans so I forgave him haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was in the front row and he said if you're wearing red you can come on stage, we hopped straight over the barrier and AR (Game's best mate) put his arm out and helped me on stage. I'd say they let 15-20 lads on, was up there for 5 or 6 songs and then he finished, amazing experience being up there with everyone from BWS him and seeing the crowd from the stage. Met and got pictures with Game, AR, Mysonne, Nu Jerzey Devil, Kid Red and Teyana Taylor (Star Trak artist that was on MTV Sweet 16 a few years back).

Played a lot from first two albums, from memory: Westside Story, Dreams, How We Do, Hate It Or Love It, Higher, No More Fun and Games, Start From Scratch, Put You On The Game, One Blood, Let's Ride, Wouldn't Get Far, Scream On 'Em, Where I'm From, My Life, Dope Boys, Game's Pain, The City, Martians V Goblins, Ricky, Red Nation, Pot Of Gold and a few more so the majority was from his first two LP's. He also did an acapella of 'Infared' with a kid from the audience that looked about 15/16 who was very good, knew it word for word, two of them going back and forth, the crowd loved it.

That is unreal. I'd say you were delighted with that.

Quality set list as well. Pretty gutted I didn't go to see it now.

heard it was a great gig alright had a few mates up there, was going to go myself opted out few days before.

ah he is good live, i saw him 2005 also.

great experience though prettyboy fair play.:)

• Advertisement

Yeah saw him twice at The Point, January 2005 supporting Snoop Dogg and again in July 2005 for his own show.
    did he support snoop, damn i seen him twice then, lol the one i remember is his own concert, great night.

That is unreal. I'd say you were delighted with that.

Quality set list as well. Pretty gutted I didn't go to see it now.

Yeah mate the night couldn't have been better, I've seen a few rappers perform (Drake, J. Cole, 50, G-Unit, Snoop, Diddy, Nas, Fabolous, etc) but none of them compare to Game when it comes to performing live. He has a great stage presence, full of energy, involves the crowd throughout and always puts on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus Christ.

Congrats on making it into BWS, Pretty Boy!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

Congrats on making it into BWS, Pretty Boy!

Genuinely LOL'd :P

From the man himself who performed in Manchester this evening, this tweet just made my night :)

gammeeeee.jpg

lol was that security trying to stop kid red from jumping?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    lol was that security trying to stop kid red from jumping?

Haha yeah, Game was having none of it though :P

• Advertisement

ha ha, gotta say, personally feel the music is not what it used to be but he puts on a great show, cant fault someone who leaves it all on stage for his fans.

Advertisement