Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

but lovin the new beastie boys tune

that game track is average but doubt "its over" for him (such comments are beneath this forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You're basing this statement on a new music video? That's got 125,000+ YouTube views in the last 12 hours? Don't be a clown all your life mate, Beastie Boys are doing well this week :)
    i see your still trolling and getting away with it, some things never change.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i see your still trolling and getting away with it, some things never change.:rolleyes:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't be a clown all your life mate, Beastie Boys are doing well this week :)

There's no need for this so leave it out please.

I don't want to see tit for tat posting about this, consider it over.

Makaveli wrote: »
    There's no need for this so leave it out please.

I don't want to see tit for tat posting about this, consider it over.
    you wont see it from me but id appreciate a mod had a word with the guy, hes obviously trolling and definitely attempting to goad me into a reply, ive been banned for less.

• Advertisement

ok so getting back to game, do people actually think this album will ever see the light of day, im beginning to have my doubts tbh.

I'd say eventually it will be released, whether anyone is still interested in it by the time it comes out is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

you wont see it from me but id appreciate a mod had a word with the guy, hes obviously trolling and definitely attempting to goad me into a reply, ive been banned for less.

+1 on that, prettyboy has been following me around on various threads looking to argue with me in the last few weeks and nothing was said to him.
    ok so getting back to game, do people actually think this album will ever see the light of day, im beginning to have my doubts tbh.

its not looking likely, its as simple as this the material he has put out over the last year or so just hasn't been good enough, i dont think iv ever witnessed a rapper with this many attempts at a succesfull single fail it has to be a least nearly ten attempts at this stage.

he is so reliant on other rappers/artists to do his hooks that annoys me a lot with game why hasn't he matured and progresses enough over the years to actually make hits by himself let alone a hook? nearly every single song that has come out that was linked with red has a feature on it and that goes for every one of games albums too.

the track above ft trey songs he starts dropping countless names even in his 1st verse he's a terrible lyricist, the truth is your looking at a rapper who is clearly struggling at the moment mainstream wise and yes i know the red nation video has got over a million views but thats mainly due to the fact everyone taught it was going to be good because it was banned.

negative stuff above yes but iv haven't heard anything to get me positive about game or the red album.

shyt songs have been propelled to #1 because they were banned, a banning of a song/video can some times be seen as a good thing, so judging the number of hits its received as a barometer of its popularity is very naive to say the least.

but yeah i totally agree with you about game, hes stagnated, hes fresh out of ideas, nothing seems to be working, although the video being banned may work in his favour, but even thats a long shot.

he needs a catchy song and he needs it fast, other wise this album will be shelved.

+1 on that, prettyboy has been following me around on various threads looking to argue with me in the last few weeks and nothing was said to him.

You reported no posts. Help us help you.

Do not respond to this post. This is the final post I'm making in this thread about this subject. If you have a problem with a post report it. End of story.

Prettyboy do not respond to any of these posts within this thread, I don't want to see any more of it.

I'll just lock it if any more off topic posts are made. If you can't get along with each other to the point where every post is nothing short of goading/flaming/trolling/baiting then don't post it.

You guys don't have to agree on everything or anything but it's just getting petty. Just move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

According to Game his album is dropping the 23rd of August.

He says the date won't move. We'll have to take his word for it.
    #alliwantis for my fans to know that the R.E.D. album will be in-stores AUGUST 23rd !!! Thanks for the continuous love & support. #REDnation
    Just got off a conference call with Jimmy Iovine & @interscope . Aug 23rd is the release date & it's like a FAT GIRL..... It won't move !

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14989/title.game-secures-august-23rd-release-for-red-album

According to Game his album is dropping the 23rd of August.

He says the date won't move. We'll have to take his word for it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14989/title.game-secures-august-23rd-release-for-red-album

thats good at least we will have it for the summer, although i dont like anything iv heard of it so far game will defo have a few gems on the album as he has done on all his efforts in fairness.

That he has, unfortunately he cannot seem to maintain that level of consistency throughout an album. I also think a release at the start of summer would have been better. I know for me gangsta rap/West Coast rap always feels more suited to the Summer, it has that vibe to it, a late August release won't help it all that much.

Makaveli wrote: »
    That he has, unfortunately he cannot seem to maintain that level of consistency throughout an album. I also think a release at the start of summer would have been better. I know for me gangsta rap/West Coast rap always feels more suited to the Summer, it has that vibe to it, a late August release won't help it all that much.

ye id agree there, something about that westcoast sound and summer time that go hand in hand where that east coast sound can be the opposite most of the time real hard gritty beats, never knew the weather played such a big part in hip hop:D.

but ye a late jun/ mid july release could of been potentially good for the album.

I think a June release would have been perfect, West Coast albums definitely have a summery feel. I suppose August is good enough for me. LAX was released around the same time of year in 2008.
    • The Documentary - January '05
    • Doctors Advocate - November '06
    • LAX - August '08
    • R.E.D. - August '11

Just reading through a new Warren G interview and he talks about Games album and mentions that he and Game have done a song for R.E.D. as well as one for the Nate Dogg tribute album.
    BallerStatus.com: You've mentioned that you have been in the lab with Game doing some work, what can you tell us about what you two are doing?

Warren G: Well I've got the EP, so I asked him to get on the record with me and Nate for the EP. So I did that. I gave him a track for his album, actually his album was done, and he let me hear a bunch of it. Man, his album is a movie. It's incredible. I guarantee you. This sh** is going to be tight, like Dre worked on his sh** and the record is put together real nice. It's good, he's going to really f*** these n****s up with this sh** he's coming with, I'm telling you. I really mean that, I heard the record, it's dope. So you can imagine what the Detox is going to sound like. Wait 'til you hear this n**** out.

But I did a record with him, and I played the beat I said, "Game, I got one for you". I pulled it up, he was listening and was like, "Oh sH**", he started bustin' it and did a whole song, and I sat there and watched him write and everything. This was in like maybe three hours, two or three hours he finished that motherf***er. The record is so dope, it could potentially be one of his singles. That's how dope it is. He was like "Oh this is going on my album." He's going to go back, "Stop the presses, this is going on my album." You know, I didn't rap on it, I was just showing another side of myself as a producer because that's what I do. I'm a producer before a rapper. But I can rap too. I'm all of the above.

BallerStatus.com: Can you tell us the track that you and Game worked on with Nate? Can you tell us what that song is about, or what the concept of the song?

Warren G: It's classic West Coast sh**. The song is called "Party We Will Throw Now". You know, it's classic West Coast sh**. It's talking about giving everybody the insight on this new West Coast, and just West coast, period and just game, period. It's all over. Whether it's the South, whether it's the East coast, it's a party we will throw. Everybody is going to be able to relate to it. When you hear the hook, you will be like, "Ok, this is exactly what we are missing right here." It's a good record man. I'm glad he got on it. I immediately was like, "This would fit Game right here, this record, this would fit him perfectly." So I got at him and he was like "Man, it's all good, O.G." Boom. In at the studio, knocked it down. The records came out incredible, both records, the one for him and the one for me.

BallerStatus.com: What's the one for him like?

Warren G: Oh wow. It's called "Everyday." I don't know if he wants everybody to know what's up. The song is called "Everyday", but the record is incredible. It's a great record. I don't want to blow the cover on what it's about, but everybody can relate to it.

LINK: http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/05/31/qa-with-warren-g-talks-memories-of-nate-dogg-funny-industry-people-dr-dre-rumors/

lol poor guy cant catch a break.:D

I'll bet money that he's going to see the funny side of this and, more than likely, laugh about when he gets his account back.

The tweets are actually pretty funny :pac:

i hope he does but he wont, he has no sense of humour, hes too serious.

its only a snippet but it sounds good id say the full version will leak soon, rumors going around of a organised fight between mobb deeps 40 glocc and game too after what happened between 40 and menace, it would be class too see that, the 2 have been going back and forth on twitter lately lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nearly turned it off when the singing started! Game actually sounded okay and beat was fine. That stupid f*cking singing wrecked it for me tho. Awful hook by generic high voiced 'RnB' singer in auto tune. I miss Nate Dogg.

That song is a throwaway, the guy that leaked it (Mars) has produced a few songs for the album but that's him on the hook. The beat is good and Games verse is fine but the hook ruins it. It won't be on the album anyway, not sure if Mars is even going to release the full thing.

Game is talking about a R.E.D. track on Twitter - 'Bottles & Rockin' J's' featuring Fabolous, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and Busta Rhymes; produced by Lex Luger - so I'm guessing we'll hear more about that soon enough.

thats not bad, its the beat rather than the singing thats the weak part for me, its fine until about the 50 second mark.
    basically the song is cool for about the first minute then the beat ruins it.

New interview excerpts, Game talks about the collaborations on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

OK, excitement has just kicked in... :eek:

041bg.jpg
    when will the album be released?

james no.1 wrote: »
    when will the album be released?

23rd August.

be very surprised if it drops this year, def wont be dropping in august.

games 2nd single just leaked, just when you think it cant get any worse game tries his luck on one of these bmf beats and its features half the rap industry.

he just cant make good music by himself or with the help of all these rappers, words cant describe how bad this is in my opinion.

the only person who actually is decent on it is busta rhymes, lil wayne is just terrible on it along with game.

this album wont make august, il be very surprised if they release it with red nation and this as the lead singles.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/06/game-bottles-and-rockin-js-ft-lil-wayne-dj-khaled-busta-rhymes-fabolous-rick-ross/#more-13044

^^^Just been reading about this, seems to be getting slated pretty hard across the board.
    Read about it being a Khaled song, not sure what that means tbh.
    Will listen tonight, on iPhone now.

• Advertisement

the full version cdq of im on has leaked, i like this one i must say.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/06/the-game-im-on-ft-mars-of-1500-or-nothin-fullcdq/

Advertisement