Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yes the arse rocket, I laughed too.

Creative character and move set. But I am disapointed by how ****ing mental he looks. Blanka is green but at least he's meant to be some sort of beast man, wtf hakan?....W.....T.....F?

Maybe it was a good thing theres no irish character after all :p

Any way fuck that shit, how about a vid of what'll probably be my two mains going at it:

:cool:

**edit**

more:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Dhalsim: He seemed the same. His Ultra 2 hit box is pretty small. Super hard to hit with."

Are they for f*cking real? So they have nerfed his new fancy ultra .....and not given him anything to help make up for it. So now not only does it have terrible damage...but its hard to hit with.

Not to mention the fact that they have made the game much faster. That really hurts the zoning game. I've had a look at some of those vids and people are just spamming moves from half screen and because its quicker, it's working. :(

Christ almighty. Might have to reroll tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bloody hell despite the weirdness Hakan doesn't look half bad. Methinks he might be worth a try when it comes out.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

In the Ibuki/Ryu video, just before the first KO, she does a low air knife thing and lands, and it looks as though Ryu is still in major hit stun. Possible ultra set up? That'd be fúckin' dangerous.

Ryu goes really damn high on a whiffed U2! BUT dear God, when it hits... that first punch took ALL HER REMAINING HEALTH... :eek:

----

Hakan looks VERY powerful, I really hope they've balanced him some how. Particularly, his full screen slide looks more dangerous than cammy's drill...

----

Juri's stored fireball looks like it's going to be a very good tool, and that ultra clearly has intense start up time. Cody though? For me, most boring new character in the cast, although maybe slightly ahead of T-Halk

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Really if Sim lands 1 yoga fire on Hakan, Hakan should light up like a super nova, with that much oil on him Sm should have him in one hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ken - He is not looking good. They didnt give him much. He cannot FADC to Ultra2 normally. He didnt get crazy kicks from previous SF games. They slightly improved his fireball.

No FADC to U2? :confused: Aww man. Well at least they gave ken the best looking new ultra imo :pac:

Did they forget to mention he has a faster dash and better cr.rh or was that just supposed?

Slightly improved FB is great

Overall I think the transition of the returning 3s cast was done really well. Ibuki looks really ****ing solid. Cody is who I'll be toying with when I get the game but still gonna keep with Ken for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The dash is probably the exact same and just feels faster because of the increased overall speed.

There is no way all the changes have been spotted in one days testing.

The guy who tested this probably mains and understands a few characters at most and is not going be able to spot everything for everyone straight off.

Ken is reported to have a better dash both forward and back and a better c.hk.

So far Chun-Li, Rose and Bison seem to have got the best end of improvements.

I read as well that Chun Li's ex.sbk now is better anti air (they did not eleborate, weather its no longer safe jumpable or if the gaps in its active frames have been removed). Its also safe on block due to pushback.
    The down side to it is ex.sbk has been nerfed damage wise and has less horizontal range.
    Hopefully the safe jump is still there.

While it seems likely C.MK was buffed and S.HK nerfed.
    Also outside possibility her neutral jump roundhouse and c.lk have also seen some nerfs.

Bisons c.lk and s.hk are rumored to be buffed. But his ultra 2 alone is a match changer against fireball characters. So even if he doesn't get anything else, the Sagat, Chun and Ryu match should be at least even. Seth and Sim are going have been problems with Bison's ultra 2. Still see Gief and Guile giving him problems. Still holding out hope some of his other moves get fixes.

Rose got a damage output buff by having a juggle set up for ultra 1 and a very useful ultra 2 seems really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rose got a damage output buff by having a juggle set up for ultra 1 and a very useful ultra 2 seems really good.
    That juggle to Ultra 1 is such an excellent addition to her repetoir. All I'd heard till now was Reflect>FADC>Soul Throw, which is sort of handy, but Reflect>FADC>Sham Wow could actually see her being able to use that Ultra in most games as opposed to whenever the opponent messes up.
    There is no way all the changes have been spotted in one days testing.
    And yar, whole heartedly agree. I'd hold the above list as a loose guideline more than gospel as to what's been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hakan looks good, although the rumours that he can't be thrown when oiled up were wrong though.

I'll mess around with him when the game hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

@ Ramza yeah I had high hopes for ken this time around.

He does need to be much faster, pity no crazy legs , and they should give him knee bash! I mean like the same way dudley has his gut punch grab or sagat has his knee bash thing.

Just as a neutral grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Cannot wait for a modder to get his hands on Hakan. Mmm, oily Cammy....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll just say this: Hakan looks way better than I thought he would, and fun to play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'll just say this : Colon's make the world seem neater :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Creature wrote: »
    Lmao I lol'd in real life at that Hakan video, he looks hilarious.

Some disturbing reports from here. Balrog's new ultra is garbage, Chun-Li seems to be godlike and Dudley is "probably #1 in the game".

I was reading that and cringed. Some of my faves got seriously nerfed. i thought they said tehy weren't going to nerf anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Wait, they buffed Dan? Made him good? Up the tiers, you say? As a longtime and ardent Dan disciple, I am OUTRAGED.

Hakan is made of win. And some other strange, unnamable ingredients, but mainly win. He reminds me of playing Wario in Smash Bros, with his square body, scrawny legs and funny sideways shuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ry wrote: »
    I'll just say this : Colon's make the world seem neater :)

Yeah, we would be in sh*t without them.

Even with a crap ultra 2 (and take that with a massive grain of salt) that still leaves Rog with ultra one which is probably in the top 3 easiest to land ultra's in the game.

Rog is usually consider in around the top 5 at the moment.

Above him Ryu and Sagat have recieved considerable nerfs while Akuma seems more or less seems the same and Rufus seems to have recieved a few nerfs. So its not like Balrog is getting any worse. Might be a few more characters around his level though.

Sagat really did need nerfs and Ryu to a lesser extent. Should be more characters around the level of Sagat, Ryu and Akuma in super.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, I just realised something.

Dan is getting buffs.
    I am Team Taunt commander.

Therefore, I should probably be maining Dan :pac:

Nah, just as long as you taunt your opponent at the right times, you'll usually be fine :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/327/1268259921335.jpg

One of the daughters is carrying a Hakan action figure.

Yreval wrote: »
    http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/327/1268259921335.jpg

One of the daughters is carrying a Hakan action figure.

Ah that's cool! I didn't realise it was his daughters. His wife is hot :p

*considers OILING UP*

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Hakan seems really interesting if odd. That trap ultra looks like it could be some fun.

Has anything of his back story(not that it matters really!) been revealed?

Cannot wait for a modder to get his hands on Hakan. Mmm, oily Cammy....

Haha! Heres hoping theres a PC version eh!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hakan is so unbelievably good, he's instant main material for me! Knowing that half the people playing have these "What a joke, how dare you Capcom" reactions helps a bit too. :pac:

Damn you dreddy!

Noooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeessssss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hakan looks really ****ing awesome, it must be said

Shun the non believers, SHUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ah that's cool! I didn't realise it was his daughters.
    His opening line in the trailer is "I love my daaaaughters! They are sooo pretty!"
    All his dailogue has been great so far XD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so whens it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

April 30th in europe

Advertisement