Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sairus wrote: »
    Not exactly on topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.
    In case any of yee missed it on EventHubs, the Brawler costume pack is currently free on the 360 Marketplace, but you have to que it up for download via Xbox.com
    And here's a handy link for you: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307e1/?did=0ccf0006-0000-4000-8000-0000434307e1&bt=0&sb=1&mt=4&gu=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307e1&p=1&of=6

Legend! Thanks man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Capcom have an event tonight in the US, and this was just from the Unity Twitter.

Capcom_Unity
    Heading into the city in half an hour. I think it may be time to oil up!

Seems they're announcing / showing Hakan tonight then.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

Stream starts around 6:30 PST.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    Something I saw from the weekend is Akuma can cancel teleport into his new Ultra.

It can be avoided by ducking.

Looks like Ryu has difficulty FADCing into new ultra.

Saw the full intro to SSF4, seems there's some link between Guy and Ibuki (he catches her as she jumps accross the roof tops) and Guy gets a little more time.

I dunno but the game looked a little faster to me. Ultras did seem to be weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I liked the new interface and menu's a lot. Character Select is nice too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20185753&postcount=20912

dunno if it was already posted, not bothered reading:
    Originally Posted by A very sleepy MrWizard
    Ryu - Ryu's medium and hard dragon punches hit twice now. Damage is down on it, but if you FADC, you only get one hit from it, so damage is down even farther. Trades to ultra from DP are gone, and most trades into ultra from SF4 are gone, but not all.

Ken - He is not looking good. They didnt give him much. He cannot FADC to Ultra2 normally. He didnt get crazy kicks from previous SF games. They slightly improved his fireball.

Chun li - She got 'infinitely better'. U2 combos easily all day. The upkicks target combo goes into U2, as well as EX legs anywhere on the scree. Its very dangerous. U2 gets all 20 hits every time, if it wiffs for a while and you get hit by the very end of it, you still take the full damage.

Guile - He seems to have been given nothing. Sonic Hurricane, his U2 is not good. Super into U2 is the only known combo into it. Down+Taunt puts on glasses, but doesnt give him any buffs or advantages.

Zangief - Very similar. He could lariat trade into U2 in earlier builds, but he cannot anymore.

Rose - She can juggle off soul reflect into air throw or U1 or ex fireball. U2 is very good. Can corner juggle into orbs. Each orb can hit once before it dissipates, including on block. They do about 20% damage each on full ultra. Wiz noted that he needs to check what happens when projectiles hit them. When the orbs activate, there is a delay before you can do special moves again, including throw. They delay felt like 3-4 seconds. Orbs cross up very easy. Rose seemed powerful.

Blanka - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Blanka

Honda - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Honda

Dhalsim - He seemed the same. No notes on U2.

Balrog - Rush punches are unthrowable now. His U2 is bad, it has terrible range. Seemed too hard to land to be worth giving up U1.

Vega - Seemed the same. His Claw stays on a lot longer now, though.

Sagat - He does less damage overall. Scar-uppercut does double damage, nothing more. If you do scar move, you cant do it again until you uppercut, but you can store the powered up state the entire round if you want.

Bison - J.Strong into U2 works. Its not a charge motion so its very handy. U2 is a blockable stomp attack, and it can crossup! It hits hard, too! No known nerfs.

Rufus - Ex messiah kick is not as good, but still good. EX snake strike damage is way down. U2 doesnt seem to combo well. U2 is good anticrossup or antiair, but thats about it.

Fuerte - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Fuerte

Viper - No notable changes. She can U2 off EX seismo if you are fast. The recovery from U2 is ok. Rumors of mp thunder nerf are untrue or reversed, if its slower its only a frame or two.

Abel - He has a faster c.hk. U2 cant combo but its fast and has armor if you hold the button, it looks to be very good.

Guy - Feels slow. Has cool chain combos into super. EX spin kick is vertical. EX shoulder is his best move, super fast.

Cammy - Cannon drill 'got a little better', so I heard, but I have no details. Uppercut damage nerfed pretty hard. U2 is terrible.

Fei - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Fei Long

Gouken - No known nerfs. U2 still blockable, but backthrow into 5 hits of it into wallbounce into more fun works.

Sakura - Her crossup j.mk is back. Very good crossup. Makes her feel more like sakura again. U2 is the best choice. Its two ultras in one, okay damage, easy to combo, can aim it up or forward. EX hurricane to ultra is simple as hell.

Dan - Dan is secretly super good now, team has been working hard on him. Uppercut fadc U2 is strong. His fireball goes 60% of the screen now. The rest seems untouched, but this is 'all he needed' to be a contender.

Akuma - no known nerfs. Many of the nerfs from earlier builds were reverted. Infinite is gone, but you can still combo after s.hk. Jab cannot link to HK anymore, so you cant loop it. Lv2 focus into new ultra wiffs, but works from Lv3 focus. EX airfireball into U2 works.

Gen - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Gen

Seth - Everything is the same, except his focus attack takes longer to hit lv2 now. Its not very good. U2 can combo anywhere you could combo stomps and does good damage.

Juri - Kara throw is good with HP. Wiz could only find a 5 hit Custom Combo in U1 mode without FADC. U1 mode is really long in duration. Divekick hits overhead. EX wheelkick seems nearly instant startup. Hitpoints seemed close to Ibuki's, but it was hard to tell.

T.Hawk - Hawkdive is his armor breaker. Hawk Upper cannot be FADCed at all, ever, at any point. U2 is bad, very very hard to hit. Feels slower than Zangief but stronger. His normals are very good.

Adon - He seems very weak. Both ultras are hard to use. Jaguar Tooth and Jaguar Kick are both unsafe on block. Air Jag-kick might be safe. EX jag kick is safe. Has a very good overhead though, one of the best.

Deejay - He seems decent. Nothing too bad, nothing too good. Reminds you of ST in that way.

Cody - He can only FADC tornado on first hit and the tornado wont come out. He cannot combo ultra after it. Has 3 levels of charge on his Zonk Knuckle, and its really really good and annoying. He says BINGO everytime he does it. You can combo into Zonk. HK ruffian is good.

Dudley - Not much to add to JWong's video, but he is probably #1 in the game.

Makoto - EX grab has 1 hit of armor! Outside of this, nothing to add to JWong's video.

Ibuki - Nothing to add to JWong's video.

Honda - Wiz didnt get a good chance to test Honda

GRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

• Advertisement

What THE FÚCK?!

Also, Guile wearing glasses I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Interesting, it seems they're making a serious effort to move Dan up the tier list. Also, Chun's U2 looks like it will be godlike. As long as Sak has her j.MK crossup though, I'm happy anyway.

Oh yeah, looks like it's time to oil up, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cody - He can only FADC tornado on first hit and the tornado wont come out. He cannot combo ultra after it. Has 3 levels of charge on his Zonk Knuckle, and its really really good and annoying. He says BINGO everytime he does it. You can combo into Zonk. HK ruffian is good.
    He says BINGO everytime he does it.
    And that's why I'm gonna add Cody to my characters.
    ---
    Team Taunt commander

Also, Hakan WTFLOL?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hakan looks awesome and very different from any other characters.

I have a feeling dan could be useable. He was pretty strong before when he got close but his main problem was being zoned so easily and having a very limited ultra which seem to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Dreddybajs wrote: »

She is fuckin sexy.

Sorry what? Oh Hakan !

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Cannot wait to see some hakan cosplaying once this game comes out...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hakan is an absolue embarassment. That's all I have to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nice to see deejay still smiling during hakans ultra clip :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

So is there an explanation why Hakan has red skin and blue hair? He could be a very interesting character to play but I can't understand why they decided to make him so outlandish looking. What was wrong with making him look human?He just reminds me of hellboy now. Typical of modern video game trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I presume hes got sunburn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Xluna wrote: »
    So is there an explanation why Hakan has red skin and blue hair? He could be a very interesting character to play but I can't understand why they decided to make him so outlandish looking. What was wrong with making him look human?He just reminds me of hellboy now. Typical of modern video game trends.

I was assuming the blue hair is actually a helmet of some sort based on those weird blocks sticking out of it and the kids hanging on his arms also having nuts hair. However now that I type that I realise his moustache is also blue, so that goes right out the window.
    He's not actually as bad as I thought he'd be in fairness. =/ (But I had seriously low expectations =D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

VERY NICE

once again
    ultras too long
    capcom will hear about it after pros get tired and bored

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rose seems very powerful.
    *sniff* Do you know how long I've waited to hear those words?

It's pretty shocking how Guile got no buffs to speak of in addition to an apperantly crappy new Ultra.
    And those counter ultra's being broken by armour breaking? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Character changes on Eventhubs has been changed to include more detail.
    E. Honda: Noticed no changes, but opponents can't jump away on reaction to Ultra 2 once it's activated.

Woo-hoo, a usable ultra for Honda!

Yea, its probably sunburn. I imagine covering yourself in oil and fighting all day outdoors in sunny Turkey is going to permanently redden the skin. His character is supposed to be flamboyant in general, so I reckon that accounts for the blue hair.

He looks kinda cool imo, and believe it or not not as stupid and over the top as I originally thought he was going to be! which is good.

But yea, ULTRAS TOO LONG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

*Looks at Hakan. Looks at typical Turkish oil wrestler.:confused: Looks at Hakan again.:confused:*
    Wait,what?!
    turkishoilwrestlers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Hakan is a ****ing joke, as are all of the new ultras. Spring noises? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Chun-Li:- She got 'infinitely better'. Her Ultra 2 combos easily, all day. Up Kicks target combo goes into Ultra 2, as well as EX-Lightning Legs anywhere on the screen. It's very dangerous. Ultra 2 gets all 20 hits every time, if it whiffs for a while and you get hit by the very end of it, you still take the full damage.

MOTHER ****IN YESSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lmao I lol'd in real life at that Hakan video, he looks hilarious.

Some disturbing reports from here. Balrog's new ultra is garbage, Chun-Li seems to be godlike and Dudley is "probably #1 in the game".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

MrWizard wrote:
    Hakan: Seems OK at first. Has a 360 move where he puts you in his arms and squeezes you out with oil slicked body. you fly across the screen at a 45 degree angle. He can slide along the ground face first and hit punch during for a followup (only when oiled up). Has an air grab where he belly flops. Dragon Punch motion + Kick puts on more oil.

He takes out both hands and dumps oil on himself and it looks funny. He then glows white. When he has oil, he is 200% better. putting oil on takes half a second, and its duration based. EX-Oil lasts a long time. In non-oil mode, he is like Zangief. When he is in Oil Mode, he can chain everything, like Crouching Light Kick 4x into Medium Punch.

Moves in oil mode have more range, including 360. Front and backdash are better in oil mode too. All of his pokes have neutral and toward versions. Has a 'trap' ultra, where he lays down, and if you step on him, he grabs you. You cannot touch him at all, even if not attacking. You slip on his stomach like its ice. Then he 69s you as you slide along the ground and you fly out his buttocks.

The 2nd ultra is comedy as well. 720 motion, throws you up in the air and you board the OIL COASTER. You ride him going around his body till you are ejected into a wall at the end.

His Super is double fireball with kick. Its a leaping grab that's crouchable, like Alex DDT he leaps at you.

makes him sound like a suped up Gief. Could be dangerous so.

His Ultra's are too long but christ I laughed at the... well I dont know how best to describe it but you know the one I mean!!

*edit* ass rocket :)

Advertisement