Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yreval wrote: »

Ha! When's he going to come here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Crouch and his Ultra whiffs? HAHA Equally as useless as the Demon then. I suppose it catches people in the air perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Gamenash will get it to you on the Thursday (1 day early) or at least they did for me for SF4.

@HMUYA regarding charge characters. Indeed I think if we ever do see more charge characters in a future SF title, they'll be hybrid. Like the 3s charge characters.

In fact there would be a high chance that some of them would be from 3s, Urien etc. Who would be a hybrid, with QCF fireballs, but a charge head stomp style move and a charge dash attack style move.

Then oro for example had charge DP/flashkick style move and a charge fireball , yet also has a QCF head stomp and a command grab.

Also note that chun li's FB was a half circle motion rather then charge so these characters outside 3s could possibly have their moves alterd a bit to lean more towards charging.

But yeah I can't see another fully original, full 100% charge character ever happening again.

LOL @ theleaker posting again, would be gas if he started leaking info here

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Just reading the Bison forums on shoryuken.com

A regular was apparantly speaking to Andre (Twisted Jago) who basically said Bison has recieved 2 changes aside from his new ultra.

Roundhouse now has what he calls "God Priority". Dreddy mentioned that he was told by someone who has played SSF IV (or someone who knows someone who has played it, I forget which) that Bisons roundhouse is now faster and does more damage.

And light kick links are now super easy with c.lk giving much more frame advantage.

All in all as a Bison player they pretty dissappointing changes. Apparantly they have done nothing to improve any of his rubbish special moves (DR, PC, SD).

Even if it does make Bison more competitive it doesn't look like he will play much different from how he does now, which is spam pokes and light scissors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They made roundhouse better? I didnt think that was possible, jesus.

I know its rather insane.

However you could argue that Vega's and Sagats and Akuma's roundhouse are better or at least the same. Akuma's is being nerfed though, no more loop.

bad news for bison players and everyone who hates playing against bison :(

lol

Ya know im taking everything with a pinch of salt until the game comes out. Some of the tweaks reported dont make sense. Why would you look at bison and think that one of the best normals in the game needs to better.
    I do think that a lot of people will be disappointed with their characters tweaks though. I think blanka is going to suck in super. Ill bet any money that balls still wont be safe. Ill definitely drop him completely if they are not.

Also shopto are giving away a free t shirt with the game.

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2SU06-Super%20Street%20Fighter%204.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

state of that shirt, paul at the top of the queue ;)
    dont think il be dissapointed with chuns

• Advertisement

Ye everyone is going to the jealous of chun and moan about their character still being ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye everyone is going to the jealous of chun and moan about their character still being ****.

*sigh* 3s again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bush80 wrote: »

People just want to see the flaws in a character looked at.

But there is a difference between an intended limitation....and a move that just isnt useful. Blanka ball being punishable on block is an intended limitation. Being punishable on hit is a flaw. And these are the flaws that I'm sure every person wants looked at with their characters.

Improving Bisons roundhouse is completely bonkers and the wrong way to go about buffing characters. It didn't need any buffing, it was already a useful tool. You buff his poorer moves. Pyscho crusher for example is a good escape move but it isn't much use for much else. They should have started there imo.

I don't think Blanka players mind getting punished on block, as the majority of specials in the game are punishable on block, but punishing on hit is abit infurating.

Suppose Gief is in the same boat as Blanka as Green Hand is punishable on hit as well, but he never uses it as ex. is so good.

Least Blanka can use his Horizontal ball in some match ups.

Actually reading a follow up post on shoryuken in the Bison forums Andre himself has not played SSF IV but its what he heard from someone else who has. But thats 2 different sources that have mentioned Bisons roundhouse has been buffed.

I assume Andre would not have mentioned it if he did not think the source was somewhat reliable but nothing is confirmed yet.

But yeah Bisons PC should of been looked at first thing when they came to tuning him. Its his signature move and its utterly useless (ex version is okay)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Vega's Sky high Claw and Sky High Claw crossup being punishable on hit is particularly annoying, (Abel, for instance, can effectively kill you for trying it). God, they hate my guy.....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ken B wrote: »
    Vega's Sky high Claw and Sky High Claw crossup being punishable on hit is particularly annoying, (Abel, for instance, can effectively kill you for trying it). God, they hate my guy.....!!
    Please elaborate... :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Please elaborate... :D
    I'd love to tell you.....but the Vega union would ex-communicate(is that a word?) me!!! ;)

Hint: it involves his Rekka-ken style attack, with a couple of EX cancels etc.......and his feckin Ultra!

SSSSSssssshhhhhH.

My god I can't get over how bad Akuma's new ultra looks

Its already being dubbed the Tazmanian Devil Murder and Kumacopter!

Its so bad even children can be heard laughing at him during the end of the ultra.

Least Gouken has some dignity even his ultra is abit bland. But looking at the wall bounce it appears to set Ken up for a juggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Roflcopter:
    I can see how they thought it could have been cool when they thought it up... but implimentation wise it just looks seriously retarded.

Wallbounce:
    I read a while back that they had trouble adding wall bounces into the game and it was implied that several characters would have them in SUPER, though with the lack of anyone mentioning them from recent hands-ons I assume it'll just be Gouken with it at this stage. (Maybe Gen and Hakan I suppose)

Yeah I saw that vid on event hubs there and I was just shaking my head when I saw akumas ultra, its so pathetic, it'd be *okay if it ended at the part where he 1st makes a hit (and you see his symbol in the back ground) but for some reason it goes on and we get a dodgy camera angle and then that dramatic sound effect we hear during his raging demon, but nothing on the screen changes.

Its horrible, not only does the ulra look retarded with this spinning crap going on, but its like its only half finished.

Deffo the worst looking ultra of the series.

*okay as in , better looking but still horrible

• Advertisement

I love Akuma's new Ultra, he's finally got the Ultra he deserves............:p:D

Nakky doing what she does best - announcing an announcement.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/05/japanese-ssf4-blog-will-reveal-hakan-march-11/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Azza wrote: »
    Least Gouken has some dignity even his ultra is abit bland. But looking at the wall bounce it appears to set Ken up for a juggle.

Wow. So Gouken will have all of Ryu's SF3 supers.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Wow. So Gouken will have all of Ryu's SF3 supers.

Not quite.

Ryu - Shinkuu Hadouken, Denjin Hadouken, Shin Shoryuken
    Gouken - Forbidden Shoryuken, Shin Shoryuken, Denjin Hadouken

SSF4 footage from the Cebit show in Germany: http://www.youtube.com/user/Feuerwehrbrot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yreval wrote: »
    Not quite.

Ryu - Shinkuu Hadouken, Denjin Hadouken, Shin Shoryuken
    Gouken - Forbidden Shoryuken, Shin Shoryuken, Denjin Hadouken

SSF4 footage from the Cebit show in Germany: http://www.youtube.com/user/Feuerwehrbrot

Wow 2 out 3. :rolleyes:

He was just saying he doesn't have all of them. Sure a lot of stuff from 3s characters made it into SF4 as various moves for different characters.

From Yrevals link :

sweet ibuki v makoto , always loved those fights in 3s.

what stick does the guy on the right have there? Is that a new SE?

**edit**

**** sake why is it always retards playing , well at least he managed to do ibuki's forward mk overhead, its very very slow looking compared to 3s, which I expected really. If it was the speed it is in 3s in this game, it'd be godly.

Sisko wrote: »
    He was just saying he doesn't have all of them. Sure a lot of stuff from 3s characters made it into SF4 as various moves for different characters.

From Yrevals link :

sweet ibuki v makoto , always loved those fights in 3s.

what stick does the guy on the right have there? Is that a new SE?

It's the new TE.

yeah I saw images of the new TE before but in that vid there it looks so small , like an SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I was half thinking of trying to main Makoto this time round, but after watching that video I'm not hugely interested. Her damage output is ****ing nuts though. 3 hit combo does as much as most other character's Supers!

Ibuki is still looking pretty fun to use. I'm fairly rubbish at combos in general, so hopefully she'll kick some forced learning into me. My housemate is going to go ape**** when he sees how variable her combos are XD He already thinks she's massively broken as a character in S3 =D

Advertisement