Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

****, i thought it was april 10

BULL****

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

quick one lads, how will this work, owners of ST IV getting bonus features?

and any ideas on the Retail price

"Having been deemed as too large an update to be deployed as DLC, the game was made into a stand-alone title, but is intended to carry a price tag lower than that of a full retail game. Capcom also hinted at bonus features for people who already own Street Fighter IV"

thanks,
    Trilla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

something to do with having both discs to unlock costumes or something I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Nothing has been released about the SFIV bonus. They haven't even said how it will work. Do you you bring your disc to the shop when you buy it? The whole thing is a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sagat06 wrote: »
    something to do with having both discs to unlock costumes or something I'd say.

The only problem with that is that they already stated that the unlockable colors, titles and taunts will not be carried over into SSF4.

Honestly if I have to go through that whole process of trying unlock extra colors and stuff again I will not bother with it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Pretty pissed off about that since all us PC players are ****ed if we want any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The only problem with that is that they already stated that the unlockable colors, titles and taunts will not be carried over into SSF4.

Honestly if I have to go through that whole process of trying unlock extra colors and stuff again I will not bother with it again.
    You'll unlock colours and taunts as you play more and more of a character from what i've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think they've said character colours and taunts unlock by playing with the character, rather than those boring challenge time trials and survivals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I read that anyone with an sf4 save file will get 2 extra special colours or something. You dont need the disc as far as I know.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Event Hubs have more character change notes. Some we are already aware of.

• Focus Attacks are faster, you have to be more aware of them now or you'll eat a combo.

• It seems like Super moves across the board do more damage.

• Sagat has 1,000 health now, down from 1,100.

• Zangief has 1,100 health, which is down from 1,200. Hit box on the Lariat got moved up a bit so it's easier to duck under.

• Ken's Hard Dragon Punch has more invincibility.

• Abel's new Ultra is really good. It's a dashing grab which has one hit of Super Armor. You can also charge his Ultra up by holding the buttons, which keeps him in place for a moment.

• Juri can store multiple fireballs using each of her kick buttons and it may be possible to have multiple projectiles on the screen at one time.

• Cammy's Spiral Arrow (Cannon Drill) seems more like it was in Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. Not exactly as good, but safer on block.

• Gouken's Ultra 2 (Denjin Hadouken) when fully charged is still blockable, but it does 500 stun damage if blocked or if it connects.

• Sakura can combo into her Ultra 2 without using any meter.

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is a charge move now and you no longer have to mash punches after the fact. People say he's a better version of Guile.

• T. Hawk's Condor Spire seems to be a really good tool for getting inside. Hawk Dive doesn't travel as far forward, so it doesn't seem as useful as before.

• Cody's Zonk Knuckle has different versions depending on the button you hold. Takes about 4 seconds to charge it up. Cody can Focus Attack Dash Cancel off of almost every move he has.

• Advertisement

Its looking like blanka is exactly the same except he got a crappy ultra

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is a charge move now and you no longer have to mash punches after the fact. People say he's a better version of Guile.

LIES I tell you. Lies. From the fascist there.

(If he had an air throw I'd probably switch to him actually, but without that OR the slow boom speed I'm not sure he'll be able to play the boring game of death I like.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I'm not sure he'll be able to play the boring game of death I like.)

You and Kirby should team up - team zone you to sleep :cool:

@bush: They were never gonna give Blanka anything, too many whiny bitches on SRK dont know how to fight against him.

@bush: They were never gonna give Blanka anything, too many whiny bitches on SRK dont know how to fight against him.

Ya, I prepared for the worst a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Where's Hondas damage buff that was rumoured from an earlier build, he's in serious need of it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

How do you know Blanka's new ultra is crap. We don't know a whole lot about yet bar there is 2 versions and 1 of them is a full screen punsiher for fireballs and other is anti air version.

Other build report Blanka's got a speed increase and better c.hp.

Unless a pro player of a particular character gets some extensive play time with there own character we won't have a near full idea of a complete set of changes till we get the game in our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I hate blanka anyway so I'm glad :D - Bush, must get some one sided games in with yourself to learn to deal with him a bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

A-Trak wrote: »
    Where's Hondas damage buff that was rumoured from an earlier build, he's in serious need of it.

Honda doesnt need a damage buff... I seen a guy take half a health bar with two EX bars like :pac:

Chip on his headbutt needs to be less :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Hakan seems really interesting if odd. That trap ultra looks like it could be some fun.

Has anything of his back story(not that it matters really!) been revealed?

Apparently he's the president of a cooking oil company, travelling the world to find a better recipe.

Also, Dudley's second costume is basically Freddie Mercury.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Honda doesnt need a damage buff... I seen a guy take half a health bar with two EX bars like :pac:

Chip on his headbutt needs to be less :(

Twas a joke. Headbutt is pretty unsafe, if you're not punishing is on block, that's your own problem, not Honda's! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yreval wrote:
    Also, Dudley's second costume is basically Freddie Mercury.
    That's a BAD thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's a BAD thing?

Never said it was - in fact I think it's pretty cool myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was thinking that. Or possibly Dreddy, team annoying-bastard

Azza... in that pic... it kinda looks like... a cape on alt Bison?!

Azza wrote: »
    How do you know Blanka's new ultra is crap. We don't know a whole lot about yet bar there is 2 versions and 1 of them is a full screen punsiher for fireballs and other is anti air version.

I dunno, I have my doubts about his new ultra. The anti air is kind of useless cos hes got great anti airs already and people dont really jump in on him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Twas a joke. Headbutt is pretty unsafe, if you're not punishing is on block, that's your own problem, not Honda's! ;)

LP is safe to most things in the game, think EX is fairly safe too.

I'm not gonna be playing Gief anymore in Super I don't think so I may be less annoying!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    LP is safe to most things in the game, think EX is fairly safe too.

I'm not gonna be playing Gief anymore in Super I don't think so I may be less annoying!

Who you looking at playing?

I'm thinking Hakan at the moment, for the start anyway. Gonna mess around with Deejay and Hawk too. After the trip to France I realised I can't handle the really bad Gief matchups at all, so in the long run I'm looking to play someone who doesn't end up with any 7-3s or worse across the board.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm thinking Hakan at the moment, for the start anyway. Gonna mess around with Deejay and Hawk too. After the trip to France I realised I can't handle the really bad Gief matchups at all, so in the long run I'm looking to play someone who doesn't end up with any 7-3s or worse across the board.

I would say giefs bad matchups are really frustrating alright

• Advertisement

Yeah it was getting beaten by like most average Sagat ever in solo pools that did it for me. Admittedly though I also got owned by a Fei Long player so maybe it's not the matchups that make me lose. :pac:

Advertisement