Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some much clearer pictures of the new costumes:

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242807&postcount=1742

Unfortunately, still no cape for Bison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Most of those alts look crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=347-Wakeup-Shoryuken-LIVE-Tonight-at-8pm-PST-Super-SF4-Final-Build-Special

SRK podcast with a bunch of guys who played SSF4 at GDC. I'm listening right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yreval wrote: »
    Some much clearer pictures of the new costumes:

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242807&postcount=1742

Unfortunately, still no cape for Bison.
    Ibuki in a schoolgirl outfit = instant buy.

Unless I really take a liking to one of the new characters I'll probably be giving Gouken some serious time over the next few months.

500 Stun from a blocked Ultra II is too good to pass up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Most of those costumes look pretty naff. Ibuki is nice but Ryu is looking like a hobo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

bush wrote: »
    Im not sure i like the idea of 2 ultras

It's a throwback to Street Fighter 3 where each character had two special moves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

kdave wrote: »
    It's a throwback to Street Fighter 3 where each character had two special moves

Three, actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cody's alt is good, the rest suck balls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Three, actually!

Yup, and Gouki went as far as to have 6 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Three, actually!

Actually you could arge SF alpha, not 3 :)

I believe I called Schoolgirl Ibuki!

Hers is ok, Dudleys will rock me, Rufuses is great, Cody's is miles better than the first, can take or leave most of the rest.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Bush wrote:
    I dunno, I have my doubts about his new ultra. The anti air is kind of useless cos hes got great anti airs already and people dont really jump in on him anyway.

That maybe true but its not like he needs to worry about selecting it before hand and passing up the chance to land the ground version of it . He has access to both versions once he selects ultra 2.

Who knows ultra two might be super fast and help Blanka get out of the corner traps he has difficulty with at the moment.

Judging by the buffs he got and the nerfs some other characters he looks slightly better in SSF IV than SF IV.

Actually you could argue SF alpha, not 3 :)

No, the Alpha series had multiple Super Combos available to you if you had meter.

The III series made you select which Super Art to use at character select.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Most of those costumes look pretty naff. Ibuki is nice but Ryu is looking like a hobo.

Wait... Ryu IS a hobo.

Some funky costumes there. Cyber-Bison, hmm, that one's possibly dubious. Seth's looks pretty cool. Makoto's is a tad random. Ibuki's looks great. Adon's does too. Abel's really suits him, I think. I'd pick that first if I didn't like his original costume so much. Makes him look like a French combat soccer player. Cantona. Zidane. It's a proud tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

DAMN IT! Doom was right shes a ****in school girl, **** SAKE.

Ah well her main gear is badass enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    DAMN IT! Doom was right shes a ****in school girl, **** SAKE.

That's what happens when you make random teenagers ninjas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Stand outs from that set:
    Cody, Rose, Dee Jay and Makoto all look great
    Bison, Seth, Rufus and Guy's are terrible.
    Makoto's is a tad random.
    I assume it's a reference to her having the Japanese equivilant of a culchie accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yreval wrote: »
    http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=347-Wakeup-Shoryuken-LIVE-Tonight-at-8pm-PST-Super-SF4-Final-Build-Special

SRK podcast with a bunch of guys who played SSF4 at GDC. I'm listening right now.

Doom, about 45 - 50 mins in they talk about guile a bit , you won't like it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Doom, about 45 - 50 mins in they talk about guile a bit , you won't like it.

I dunno, I will hold a little faith. All I wanted is an ultra set up (which just because they couldn't find in a short time does not mean is not there) and better normals which they say are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Wait... Ryu IS a hobo.

Some funky costumes there. Cyber-Bison, hmm, that one's possibly dubious. Seth's looks pretty cool. Makoto's is a tad random. Ibuki's looks great. Adon's does too. Abel's really suits him, I think. I'd pick that first if I didn't like his original costume so much. Makes him look like a French combat soccer player. Cantona. Zidane. It's a proud tradition.

Well Ryu is technically homeless. Seriously though he's wearing an Aikido pants which makes sense considering he travels the world. Surely he stays long enough to learn something from all the different martial arts.

Adon looks like an MMA fighter which technically should have went to Abel.

Abel looks like something out of the Village People lineup.

Bison looks like a Battalized Red Power Ranger.

Dudley looks like something out of The Beatles Sgt. Pepper.

And ofcourse there is Brokeback Ken [which wasn't included on those leaked pics but in a Japanese game magazine {Famitsu?}]

Some of these are kind of hit or miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I just realised what Hakan reminds me of:

Hakan.jpg

Bumbleballtoy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I heard **** recently about Guile having much better normals, plus Keits is an idiot, so take from that podcast what you will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

His head reminds me of a katamari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Ah Ryu's supposed to be a modern throw back to the wandering ronin,Samurai without a master. As he says in one of his win quotes he can afford shoes,but he prefers to go barefoot. Traditional Karate is linked to Zen Buddhism in Japan,so he's kind of like a wandering aesthetic hermit trying to perfect mind and body,which is why he abstains from all the "pleasures of the flesh".:D They designed him to be the stark contrast of Ken in both their approachs to Karate and personality.

Bisons new costume must have just came out of the closet-literally. Makotos,Chun lis,Dudleys,Codys and DJs are good. Guys one looks the exact same,they just slightly altered his hair style. I just hope we won't have to pay for these new costumes. Look at the array costumes Tekken 6 and
    DOA4,SC4 and DOA4 have. Asking people to pay for costumes is taking the piss.

which is why he abstains from all the "pleasures of the flesh"
    Poor Sakura's never gonna get any. =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Xluna wrote: »
    Ah Ryu's supposed to be a modern throw back to the wandering ronin,Samurai without a master. As he says in one of his win quotes he can afford shoes,but he prefers to go barefoot. Traditional Karate is linked to Zen Buddhism in Japan,so he's kind of like a wandering aesthetic hermit trying to perfect mind and body,which is why he abstains from all the "pleasures of the flesh".:D They designed him to be the stark contrast of Ken in both their approachs to Karate and personality.

Bisons new costume must have just came out of the closet-literally. Makotos,Chun lis,Dudleys,Codys and DJs are good. Guys one looks the exact same,they just slightly altered his hair style. I just hope we won't have to pay for these new costumes. Look at the array costumes Tekken 6 and
    DOA4,SC4 and DOA4 have. Asking people to pay for costumes is taking the piss.

They are going to be charging for these as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

alts.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Anyone else looking forward to jumping on the spot with Ibuki for about 10 minutes? :D

I'd love to get that last image as a wallpaper, looks great.

...not as a theme though, that free Christmas one is still my bitch =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

They changed HONDAS ultra !

Advertisement