Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Took some photos today in Cannes, but wont be able to upload for about a week, so they'll probably be pretty irrelevant by then!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've been playing around with Makoto for a while in 3S and that video has convinced me to take her on as my second. HYPE.

Dudley looks like he's going to be top tier with Rufus and Ryu, so many options...

And Ibuki is the same by the look of it, like a viscous cross breed of Akuma and El Fuerte... Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ibuki's 50/50 xup Kunai makes me happy! But Dudley looked hella strong.

So many of the new characters really appeal to me but I guess I'll have to get my hands on them before I decide on which ones to use for reals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

You guys realise that they removed a GIANT amount of Makoto's mixup game by not allowing her to karakusa after a Hayate, right? Her damage is fine consider said above

If she had that I think she'd be too strong, taking it out was a great move imo.

Plus she needs a full super to land ultra, (apart from focus >> ultra) so again it's really fair imo her damage is like how it is.

If you're going to complain about anything please let it be the roflcopter >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

That axe kick, l.p cancel to super to ultra was sick for makoto. Never rated her much in 3rd Strike could never get the hang of her, looks like she might be worth a go in SSF4 tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Those 3 characters look good. Its a pity they didnt get justin in to demonstrate the other characters more in depth. The only videos of the other characters out are dudes fumbling around who dont know what they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ramza wrote: »
    If you're going to complain about anything please let it be the roflcopter >.>
    Just in case that was directed at me, I actually think Makoto's fine. Her damage being ****ing nuts was supposed to be a compliment, not a detraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... I wanna touch Ibuki's hair :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ... I wanna touch Ibuki's hair :pac:

It does look lovely and floaty like =D
    Speaking of floaty hair stuff, I also love how they mentioned in one of the blogs how Makoto's neck band couldn't work like the sprites did in 3S because of the way the physics works in SFIV. To get around it they added in an invisible air fan to blow the cloth back whenever she moves really fast XD
    I love cheap programming hacks like that XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I watched the videos earlier, but they're all gone now. Something about Viacom.

• Advertisement

IIRC Viacom owns GameTrailers, where the vids are posted.
    But GT vids can't be forum-embedded.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh that sucks! Glad they were posted so quickly, thanks Sagat06!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Who knows how long they'll last

I thought you were gonna show a Hakan video!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

animaX wrote: »
    I thought you were gonna show a Hakan video!

Not ready to post that just yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sairus wrote: »

Ibuki is still looking pretty fun to use. I'm fairly rubbish at combos in general, so hopefully she'll kick some forced learning into me. My housemate is going to go ape**** when he sees how variable her combos are XD He already thinks she's massively broken as a character in S3 =D

Haha ibuki pretty low on the tier list that I know of :p

Those vids are interesting , due to seeing wongs hands in play.

So on that note.

Could all stick players please give me their input here?

Cheers.

Sisko wrote: »
    Haha ibuki pretty low on the tier list that I know of :p
    Dont try and bring logic into any sort of discussion involving said housemate. Sakura and Cammy are completely broken in SFIV after all =D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Was on SRK and wastalking bout Akuma and his second ultra.. apparently is not combo'able after a srk-fadc-ultra.. His leg will jus go right through the opponent.. which is weird.. there was also talk about Eita playing ssfIV and and he found a way to combo the ultra, apparently after a demon flip-slide? imo i think thats just shandanagins... aslo a foucs crumple to ultra wont work cause his leg goes to high, it wiffs if you jus crouch no blockin even needed...

The crap :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I heard Akuma's new ultra can be combo-ed from Ex.Air Hadoken.

However the thing about combo-ing from Demon Flip Slide is apparantly untrue. It was simply a misread post. It seems you can cancel the Demon Flip Slide into ultra 2 but its not a combo into ultra.

I've seen other people suggest that a counterhit Demon Flip Slide does set up ultra 2.

Other people suggest you can FADC shoryuken into Ultra 2 however you must back dash after the FADC. This is currently unconfirmed. It does seem correct that simply doing the ultra after forward dashing from FADC will cause the ultra to whiff.

Apparantly you can cancel into ultra 2 from a teleport.

Ultra 2 apparantly does a truck load of damage.

Other changes seem to be that Akuma's roundhouse is 1 frames slower on start up. So its now 8 frames. All his current combos' except roundhouse loop are still there. So you can't combo c.lp into roundhouse any more.

Other reports that ultra 1 for every character have recieved damage nerfs and there is additionaly damage scaling done to moves that combo after FADC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sairus wrote: »
    Dont try and bring logic into any sort of discussion involving said housemate. Sakura and Cammy are completely broken in SFIV after all =D

Sakura? sakura!!??!

LOL would love to know your house mates reasons for this, even just for the lulz.

• Advertisement

LOL yeah she's totally broken in SFIV and in alpha 3 she was fine, right? =D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jaysus ibuki can ultra off a combo

mokoto super->ultra is pretty insane too

Placebo wrote: »
    jaysus ibuki can ultra off a combo

mokoto super->ultra is pretty insane too

Yeah I'm pretty sure all the 3s cast have SJ so it automatically gives them the SJC option

Like I said it's one of few (as far as we know) ways of landing her ultra plus it cost her one full meter so its actually pretty ****ty if anything, it's grand

I couldn't BELIEVE they removed karakusa mixup after hayate like, why did they bother putting her in if they took that away? :( Trying to keep the essence my arse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From the interview on capcom unity with seth answering the communities questions I get the impression from one of his answers that there could be a new final boss revealed this week.
    --Who's the final character?
    @Brandon: ask me again later this week :)

No no, that's for Hakan (surely).

I'd be happily surprised if Charlie makes it (as Shadow). Sonic Booms for all! :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    One handed Sonic Booms for all! :pac:

:cool:

Sisko wrote: »
    Sakura? sakura!!??!
    LOL would love to know your house mates reasons for this, even just for the lulz.
    She does too many hits with her DP, it does way too much chip damage and her EX Tatsu>triple head smash thing is waaaaay over powered. =D
    EDIT: Oh, and cant forget that her Ultra starts with a low hit. Those things should be banned.

Not exactly on topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.
    In case any of yee missed it on EventHubs, the Brawler costume pack is currently free on the 360 Marketplace, but you have to que it up for download via Xbox.com
    And here's a handy link for you: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307e1/?did=0ccf0006-0000-4000-8000-0000434307e1&bt=0&sb=1&mt=4&gu=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307e1&p=1&of=6

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Few more rumors and odds and ends I heard online I heard on the grapevine about SSF IV.

The game is slightly faster.

Juggles require stricter timing.

Its seems all the old ultra's from normal SF IV have had there damage reduced. This is a sort of buff for every character who currently doesn't land his much.

FADC moves may also add additonal damage scaling.

The window for teching throws may have been reduced down from its current 10 frames in total.

Seems the new counter ultra's are pretty much instantly cancelable making them pretty much a free unpunishable guess to land an ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Something I saw from the weekend is Akuma can cancel teleport into his new Ultra.

Advertisement