Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sky News should be available to you anyway but if you enter the code XBOX1MONTHFREE in your account settings on Sky.com you get 1 month free of live tv viewing.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/skyplayer/default.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ragg wrote: »
    7.50 per month, payable by credit card only - sky player multiroom

You cant add it onto your sky monthly bill? odd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you get sky multiroom, then you don't have to pay extra :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SMCN

Hey!! I started downloading the sky player, when i clicked the continue button to download in the background it came up with a message saying "resume anytime for downloads list" or something along those lines. Its not in my current downloads list and everytime click on the sky player icon in the video page on the dashboard, the screen flicks black for one second and then nothing!!

NEED HELP!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yo guys,

Im setting up as a "secondary user" - does anyone reckon ill get all the content from the main account?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You'll get all the content expect movies, some sports and Sky 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

SMCN wrote: »
    Hey!! I started downloading the sky player, when i clicked the continue button to download in the background it came up with a message saying "resume anytime for downloads list" or something along those lines. Its not in my current downloads list and everytime click on the sky player icon in the video page on the dashboard, the screen flicks black for one second and then nothing!!

NEED HELP!!

Cheers

go to settings, browse what is stored on your hard drive, see if you can delete it, then restart the download

Clareman wrote: »
    You'll get all the content expect movies, some sports and Sky 1

Bugger that then, gonna have to set myself up as a primary user if thats the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Got it downloaded a few minutes and it downloaded in seconds (it is only 12.6MB). I then entered in my SkyiD which I use for logging into the user account control feature of mysky. It works well and programmes start instantly without buffering. I am happy with it I really would like if they would launch some high def content then it would be great!

The funny thing is that anyone with a new Sky HD box can access the same stuff ibut Sky still have not launched a VOD service even though the boxes are designed for it also. Hopefully the X-box service is a precursor to Sky VOD, and even this took a week and a half, imagine the carnage that would occur when it is launched to all skys customers, especially the complaints from people on slow connections <10megs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

VOD demand is pretty cool... Really liking the choice of movies. Once the missus see's this I'll never get to use me xbox!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the jackasses I live with didn't pay the latest sky bill so we got cut off a few days ago, I just got sky player there tonight. Can I use one of those voucher codes to watch stuff? or do I have to wait until those bastards get their fingers out of their asses and scrounge up enough money to pay sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

bucks73 wrote: »
    Sky News should be available to you anyway but if you enter the code XBOX1MONTHFREE in your account settings on Sky.com you get 1 month free of live tv viewing.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/skyplayer/default.htm

Use that for a free month..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just tells me the voucher code is invalid, must only be for people with working sky subs

im gona go yell at my flatmates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Is anybody having trouble finishing the registration on the Sky website?

The form keeps telling me to give a valid mobile number and a security question, but it keeps telling me to put in valid details. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

i was on it there and headed away and when i came back there was an " Network Error" and i am getting the error code: 0102 / 0000 / 01F7

does anyone know whats wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

yeah im getting the same - Error code: 0102/0000/01f7
    i was watching away then it signed me out with this error code it wont let me sign back in :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    i was on it there and headed away and when i came back there was an " Network Error" and i am getting the error code: 0102 / 0000 / 01F7

does anyone know whats wrong?

I'm getting that too, a pain! I was looking forward to settling down and watching a movie on demand :(

It was working perfect a few hours ago, I watched Taken the whole way through no problem.

TheElf wrote: »
    I'm getting that too, a pain! I was looking forward to settling down and watching a movie on demand :(

It was working perfect a few hours ago, I watched Taken the whole way through no problem.

hopefully it will be back up by tomorrow cause otherwise we will be losing out on our months free trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its working for me but it takes a while to load the menus

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm getting the error code too. Happened to me before. Was down for about an hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great it's broke again, was working fine for weeks for me before they let you lot on it, grrrr :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Having the same problem, annoying, only 10 mins left of a good film, and then kicked out!

Doesn't appear to be an Xbox problem though as it also inaccessable on my laptop as well.

Wouldn't mind I only managed to download it today and was really imprressed with it.

Hope it's just a blip and not a regular problem.

How much does it cost to watch a movie or is it free as long as you have the movie package and sky multiroom

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How much does it cost to watch a movie or is it free as long as you have the movie package and sky multiroom

All free, once you have movies and multiroom!

murpho999 wrote: »
    All free, once you have movies and multiroom!

Thats unreal, i have Sky+ but do you know how much it would cost a month to have multiroom with sports and movies package? and the installation?

you only need the movie sub if you want to watch the on demand movies, multiroom is only for live tv

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think it's a DNS issue. Hopefully it'll be rectified soon.

mailrewop wrote: »
    you only need the movie sub if you want to watch the on demand movies, multiroom is only for live tv

Could i get the movie and sports sub without having to pay for the Live TV so?
    If so do you know how much it would cost?

Could i get the movie and sports sub without having to pay for the Live TV so?
    If so do you know how much it would cost?

you'll need multiroom and the sports pack/movies pack to watch either live sports or sky movies screen 1 and 2 on your xbox. if you just want to watch movies on demand all you'll need is sky and the movies pack

• Advertisement

Just when I get the login with everything on it, the bloody thing is down!

:rolleyes:

Oh Microsoft / Sky, this doesnt have to be difficult!

Advertisement