Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Would this work?

i dont see why not

you would need the relevant details (sky website account details I presume)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

updated to gold at lunchtime and registered for skyplayer. Just turned on and available to download :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

As far as I can see, the on Demand movies are only available to people with a sky movies subsciption. I tried going through the list to find some that could be rented but didn't see any.

I would have thought it would make sense to offer them for rent to non subscribers. I had the movie pack for 8 years and got rid of it because It was costing me 25 quid a month and I 'd be lucky if I watched 1 or 2 movies in that period.

But I'd really like a service were I can just rent random movies at a set cost whenever I want. Like the box office service but covering everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

anyone notice you can watch 2 different stations with the pc sky player? just pop out one and watch the other one in the original window.....obviously theres 2 different sound sources coming through the same channel too but one can be muted,possibly a match or something.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Played around with this in more detail last night and it's seriously underwhelming if you're not a Sky Subscriber with Movies and Sports packages.

You're supposed to be able to rent content (movies and Entertainment shows, etc.). When I check the Sky Player site on my PC there are loads of shows that you can rent individual episodes (Lost, House, Modern Family, etc.) and you can rent individual movies from Sky Box office.

Switch on the XBox and the only 'entertainment' you can rent is Ross Kemps gangs or Ross Kemp in Afghanistan. Not one of the same movies is available for renting.

This appears to be a good example of how to grab failure from the jaws of an emphatic victory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Finally.
    Just got the download this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Just showed up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wonder how often the on-demand stuff will be updated??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Turned up for me yesterday, downloaded and able to watch the Sky News test channel, but I can't log in. Every time it gives me a "password incorrect" message. Which it's not as I've changed it to make sure and can log on to Sky Player on the PC with those details....

However I am in Sweden at the moment which may be the reason, very frustrating though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

But I'd really like a service were I can just rent random movies at a set cost whenever I want. Like the box office service but covering everything.

Zune marketplace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

jonny666 wrote: »
    Wonder how often the on-demand stuff will be updated??

Well they generally up date it every week I think. Sky Movies on demand added the likes of Get Smart, Taken, Saw V and W just there at the weekend.

I'm hoping they'll add more to the Sky 1 on demand soon. It's quite bare at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

ya its poor enough whats on offer from sky one. Not even a simpsons like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

marathont wrote: »
    I think its only really useful, if you know someone with the movies and sports pack, that doesnt have an xbox. The on demand movies is pretty cool.

interesting, i like your thinking!
    Or i could get the sports pack and multiroom for my mum who has sky anyway and then i could have sky sports for myself and when i go home for 1 cost...this is suddenly starting to appeal to me
    how much is multiroom just to use skyplayer pc\xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Isnt it the standard multiroom package at 15e per mth.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

There is anyone there with a Xbox live account from outside ireland like me? I cant donwload some stuff even if is all set for ireland, but my info was copy from my hotmail when I created back in USA

I just wondering if I will have to create a new account just to be able to use this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Arrived home this evening, no prompt for a download :( checked the sky player icon, DOWNLOAD, have it, happy days.

Now to watch the match on RTÉ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Uggh still not showing for me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've just got a message appearing under the video section basically saying "sorry for it maybe or maybe not working for some people, maybe" at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

pires wrote: »
    There is anyone there with a Xbox live account from outside ireland like me? I cant donwload some stuff even if is all set for ireland, but my info was copy from my hotmail when I created back in USA

I just wondering if I will have to create a new account just to be able to use this

you need a uk/ire account to get into 'live' then you download sky player and it asks if you want to switch profiles.

i just did this 10 mins ago and have same issue

trouble is it wonr let me sign into player now.....gaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got it at last...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Xbox tells me it's not ready to download yet.

To the people who have it now, did you get it over the last few days or last week when it first came on-line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

god's toy wrote: »

To the people who have it now, did you get it over the last few days or last week when it first came on-line?
    I downloaded it about an hour ago off the dashboard..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

exiot wrote: »
    I downloaded it about an hour ago off the dashboard..

Holy-moly, how come? Is it a trick to get it or just random?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Watched War, Inc and the soccer, I can't see hte difference between it and UPC to be honest, but I wasn't wearing my glasses so that wasn't a true test :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Flicked through the service today and viewing quality was great. But since this afternoon it’s be buffering a bit and i cant enjoy the service. So i was wondering is there an option that allows you to let the film load say 15% before viewing, to help reduce the constant buffering. Pressing pause dosnt seem to work and their help section is very weak.
    Anyone have any tips. Also can you reduce the quality of the stream in films like live TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

mobileblog wrote: »
    Flicked through the service today and viewing quality was great. But since this afternoon it’s be buffering a bit and i cant enjoy the service. So i was wondering is there an option that allows you to let the film load say 15% before viewing, to help reduce the constant buffering. Pressing pause dosnt seem to work and their help section is very weak.
    Anyone have any tips. Also can you reduce the quality of the stream in films like live TV?

It was buffering for me as well (allthough it was working perfectly yesterday, have not tried today). But what I had to do was play the movie, then pause it for 15/20 minutes and it will buffer away. Not ideal, but still ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

just downloaded so ill see how it goes.iam using the 02 bb dongle so iam not sur how good of a conecton i will get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

naughto wrote: »
    just downloaded so ill see how it goes.iam using the 02 bb dongle so iam not sur how good of a conecton i will get
    I am using the 3 one and it buffers a bit. Not something i would see myself using regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Scruff wrote: »
    interesting, i like your thinking!
    Or i could get the sports pack and multiroom for my mum who has sky anyway and then i could have sky sports for myself and when i go home for 1 cost...this is suddenly starting to appeal to me
    how much is multiroom just to use skyplayer pc\xbox?

7.50 per month, payable by credit card only - sky player multiroom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

god's toy wrote: »

i'd say they are lying because it appeared for me for the first time yesterday. don't have multiroom so couldn't watch anything live but the rest of the stuff was there.

Advertisement