Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

How come the online version of Sky Player includes BBC On Demand content but the Xbox 360 version doesn't??

Will the BBC content not be making it to the Xbox? That would be yet another drawback of the service if that's the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

rcs wrote: »
    How come the online version of Sky Player includes BBC On Demand content but the Xbox 360 version doesn't??

Will the BBC content not be making it to the Xbox? That would be yet another drawback of the service if that's the case...

It may be because the BBC Player is going to PS3 as far as I know, but it's UK only. We won't be able to get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

rcs wrote: »

It does? From what I could see all the BBC stuff on the SkyPlayer page are links directly to iPlayer pages on the BBC website.

Just a quick question, on the PC you can download the 'high quality' on demand movies and watch them in Media Player later (even off-line), can you do this on the xbox or is everything streamed on demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Gave this a go yesterday, and I have to say, its a nice little feature. I didn't have to pay anything extra, as I already have Xbox Live Gold and Sky Multi-room, so its a nice little addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SMCN

mossym wrote: »
    go to settings, browse what is stored on your hard drive, see if you can delete it, then restart the download

Its not saved on my hard drive, there doesnt seem to be a file or save anywhere, yet everytime i try downlaod it again fro the video marketplace, its not responsive, blank screen for 1 second and then back to normal!?

Anyone else have this problem!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Mine is working today and it looks pretty cool .
    I've no sky subscriptions but at least skynews is free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Argh, it will let me watch Sky News for free and browse the programme guide but I can't sign on on the Xbox with the Sky iD I created on the site!

I'm in Amsterdam at the minute but I got a mate back home to log in to the Sky website and the Sky iD works fine there. Do you have to register the serial number of the Xbox on the website before you can use it???

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I got this myself yesterday and sorted perfectly etc.

Are they planning on adding anymore channels?
    €50PM is a bit steep for a few basic channels plus the Sky Sports pack.

Is there an option to get pay per view for the Haye-Valuev fight I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Argh, it will let me watch Sky News for free and browse the programme guide but I can't sign on on the Xbox with the Sky iD I created on the site!

I'm in Amsterdam at the minute but I got a mate back home to log in to the Sky website and the Sky iD works fine there. Do you have to register the serial number of the Xbox on the website before you can use it???

Any other ideas?

the xbox should register when you login on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I got this myself yesterday and sorted perfectly etc.

Are they planning on adding anymore channels?
    €50PM is a bit steep for a few basic channels plus the Sky Sports pack.

Is there an option to get pay per view for the Haye-Valuev fight I wonder?

I doubt it cause the fight is on sky box office which will be 22 euro, it would be safer to watch the fight on tv if there was an option cause the sky player could start buffering at any stage during the fight

• Advertisement

the xbox should register when you login on it

That's the thing, it won't let me log in. :mad:

Is anyone else using the xbox sky player outside of the home where their sky subscription is registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is anyone else using the xbox sky player outside of the home where their sky subscription is registered?

I am, no problems here, but id say its tied to your IP so I doubt it will work if your in amsterdam, and your mate could be using yours, if thats the case they only allow one console afaik....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I am, no problems here, but id say its tied to your IP so I doubt it will work if your in amsterdam, and your mate could be using yours, if thats the case they only allow one console afaik....

I know that my mate isn't using my sign in and it's letting me view Sky News and the subscription options but it just won't accept the same Sky iD that works for logging into the website. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

bucks73 wrote: »
    Sky News should be available to you anyway but if you enter the code XBOX1MONTHFREE in your account settings on Sky.com you get 1 month free of live tv viewing.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/skyplayer/default.htm

Thats only 1 month free multiroom for existing customers, correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They might aswell not have bothered really, most of the stuff is "Rent for €1.27" what a joke:mad: Some stuff is free but the series which are lined up nicely have to rented. Why the hell did they bother.

Rapidshare FTW! over this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

smooch71 wrote: »
    It may be because the BBC Player is going to PS3 as far as I know, but it's UK only. We won't be able to get it here.

BBC iPlayer on PS3 is not available in Ireland. For PS3 owners in the UK it just opens up the browser and goes to the iPlayer page. They basically just added an iPlayer shortcut to the XMB.
    corcaigh07 wrote: »

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

netwhizkid wrote: »
    They might aswell not have bothered really, most of the stuff is "Rent for €1.27" what a joke:mad: Some stuff is free but the series which are lined up nicely have to rented. Why the hell did they bother.

Rapidshare FTW! over this crap.
    Did you expect everything to be free?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

AdMMM wrote: »
    Did you expect everything to be free?

Obviously not when sky and microsoft join forces, but it's not exactly free anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got it last night and must say it's kinda cool. Wish the Sky HD box had the EPG look of the Xbox one.

Does it away buffer like that or is 7mb just too slow for it?

god's toy wrote: »
    Got it last night and must say it's kinda cool. Wish the Sky HD box had the EPG look of the Xbox one.

Does it away buffer like that or is 7mb just too slow for it?
    How often does it buffer for you? I'm on 3mb Eircom and it buffers for maybe 3-5 seconds a the beginning and that's the last I see of it.

• Advertisement

hmm i'd say about every 20-30 seconds or so.
    If I drop the pic quality down to mid it's about 45 seconds and on low it doesn't buffer at all. (but looks crap!)

Is there anyone else using your connection, or have you got any other programs running on the network that could be eating up bandwidth? 7mb is more than enough to stream at the highest quality setting!

Well last night was the first night I've had it so I suppose I really should do a little more testing with it. I think Sky movies 2 buffered less for some reason.
    At the time of testing the xbox was the only thing on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

think ill get the 60 euro package for Christmas, would be great to have the movies and christmas Premier League for the holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

O.K. peeps, I'm a lazy person so please answer me two questions.:D
    Is it finally working and is anything free on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Looks like that offer has been replaced by a "get three months for the price of two."

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/skyplayer/default.htm

Does anyone know if they will be adding more channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Does anyone know if they will be adding more channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Does anyone know any packages they will have, I have sky+ downstairs but no multiroom, i would like to get the sports and movies.

Does anyone know how much this would cost?

• Advertisement

Advertisement