Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

jamieh wrote: »
    Download it awhile ago....cant get it going tho.

Have a SKY HD box and a Sky+ box with movies and sports, etc. Trying to link my sky-id to my sky account but it keeps tells me to enter a valid mobile number on my sky-id profile page. Keep entering my mobile number but it won't accept it ...disaster!

Happened to me mate but I gave up and didn't bother entering a valid phone number. My Sky ID worked perfectly for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Still waiting here, this rollout is pure bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Still not up for me :mad:. Need to download it before goin back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

cian1500ww wrote: »
    this rollout is pure bullsh*t.

Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've had it since day one, working like a charm, watched Taken on it last night.

• Advertisement

I'm off too deck Bill Gates and Rupert Murdoch, anyone want to come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I'm off too deck Bill Gates and Rupert Murdoch, anyone want to come :D

tag me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

heymayo wrote: »
    tag me in!

No other option at this stage really, lets go!

One thing I'd like to see them add to the Sky Player is a reminder type thing.

That_Guy wrote: »
    One thing I'd like to see them add to the Sky Player is a reminder type thing.

I'd like to see them add a reminder to their calander to roll out the bloody software!

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for it to appear on the dash, come on for fecks sake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Watched the Ars v Spurs game yesterday on it. Its 4 minutes behind the live footage but really good quality and no slowdown or anything. So as long as you dont get people ringing you about scores etc your grand! Feck all channels though so dont really see how they value this at 14 euros a month on top of your sky sub and xbox sub :confused:

joe123 wrote: »
    Watched the Ars v Spurs game yesterday on it. Its 4 minutes behind the live footage but really good quality and no slowdown or anything. So as long as you dont get people ringing you about scores etc your grand! Feck all channels though so dont really see how they value this at 14 euros a month on top of your sky sub and xbox sub :confused:

It's only really good for the sports channels. On demand is great but there's poor live channels other than the sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

I have 3mb eircom connection. i cannot watch a movie without it buffering. I have to pause the movie for 15-20 minutes, so I can watch the movie through. What kind of connections have people got, that there is no buffering?

marathont wrote: »
    I have 3mb eircom connection. i cannot watch a movie without it buffering. I have to pause the movie for 15-20 minutes, so I can watch the movie through. What kind of connections have people got, that there is no buffering?

Strange. I've got the same connection as you and I'm having no problems at all. Can't really explain that one mate. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I have 3mb with NTL and it only buffers at the start. I can also watch live tv on the highest setting with no buffering in between. Upgrade to a higher line or move away from eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

3mb on BT - only buffers at the start, no pauses during live video or on demand. extremely impressed as I was also downloading and herself was surfing on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

2mb eircom and thats pushing it. on demand movies are great only buffers for a few seconds and great the whole way through, for live tv i have to use medium quality and that doesn't buffer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Can you only get it if you signed up for the BETA testing or can anyone download it

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Can you only get it if you signed up for the BETA testing or can anyone download it
    Supposed to be anyone but it's taking forever for some of us to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scull2009

does anyone want to give me an account which has unlimited use of everything? will pay a small amount

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do i need to sign up for this on xbox.com before using it on my console guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

scull2009 wrote: »
    does anyone want to give me an account which has unlimited use of everything? will pay a small amount
    Gave me a LOL! :D

Won't work like that mate. You can only register one Xbox at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This is called Phishing my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

can you buy the sports pack without the standard pack? thats the only way i'd be remotely interested in this...though it would have to be considerably better that justin.tv to warrant the cost ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Scruff wrote: »
    can you buy the sports pack without the standard pack? thats the only way i'd be remotely interested in this...though it would have to be considerably better that justin.tv to warrant the cost ;)

no, the minimum required is the entertainment pack. the quality is good and depends on your connection as to what setting you can stream it at. im streaming at medium quality and in my opinion its the best your gonna get without having sky on you tv

I can't believe this still isn't running.. Its like they've just forgotten about it. Near enough a week after the launch and still no sign of it. Bad bad sky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Scruff wrote: »

there was supposed to be a pay per view option for sports, where you could just for example pay for a Heineken cup match, without getting the entire sports pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Still no sign of this on my dashboard, despite numerous reboots. How is this being rolled out that some get it and other's don't. Is there any way of forcing xbox to update? Find it crazy that it's taking so long and no indication from Sky/Microsoft as to when it will happen.

Advertisement