Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Your attempt at humor is far worse than mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Tut in a perfect world you could go "right im not a sky customer but i wanna watch the Chelsea - Utd match tomorrow".Deduct a couple of microsoft points of us and there we have it!:(..if only

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cant get this to work, wont sign in with my sky id

finally got it working however can only get sky news on it even tho im paying for lots of channels on my sky dish, do i need multiroom subscription to watch the other channels?

So to confirm.If Person X has Sky Multiroom Person Y can use his details to get Sky on his Xbox for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Soby wrote: »
    So to confirm.If Person X has Sky Multiroom Person Y can use his details to get Sky on his Xbox for nothing?
    Yes. Unless they already have a SkyiD in which case you'll need to use theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I think you have to have your phone connected to sky for multiroom and the sky player would have different ip addressees then so i dont think it will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Got this downloaded yesterday, really like it. If they add a few more channels to the Live TV section I'll be subscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Right, finally got this working. Topped up 10euro into my account, expecting to use it to rent stuff from the On demand section but it keeps telling me to upgrade my subscriptions. Am I missing something here, i though you could just buy episodes and movies like on xboxlive? It seems I can't do anthing with the 10 euro credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

AdMMM wrote: »
    Did you expect everything to be free?

Yes, I already pay Sky and how dare they expect people to pay extra just because it is on demand. The infrastructure is provided by the customer themselves and it is different than the PPV type Material that cable companies provide. Typical Sky, they will not get an extra penny off me for it, and it is ridiculous charging €14.75 a month extra for high def content also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sky is 90% repeats anyway.

• Advertisement

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I think you have to have your phone connected to sky for multiroom and the sky player would have different ip addressees then so i dont think it will

Ah poo.:(:(..ah man i was so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

your phone line connection has nothing to do with your ip, multiroom is not even connected to your broadband.

Theres nothing they can do to stop you using someone elses skyid if they themselves never used skyplayer before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Yes, I already pay Sky and how dare they expect people to pay extra just because it is on demand. The infrastructure is provided by the customer themselves and it is different than the PPV type Material that cable companies provide. Typical Sky, they will not get an extra penny off me for it, and it is ridiculous charging €14.75 a month extra for high def content also.

They don't expect you to pay extra. It is totally your choice to pay or not. I'm sure there is a guy in sky laughing at the idea that people thought they should get extra service on a new platform for free. Why go the expense of adding the extra service then give it away for free. Sky wouldn't be in business long if they did that.

And people who already subscribe to sky are most likely not skys main target here. I imagine they're targeting non subscribers to try and convince them to sign up to generate new adopters

i should add, while i thing it's madness to think you would get it for free, i think it is too expensive. Given it costs as much as a multiroom, for which you;d get a box that would give you a lot more channels, it;s yough to see how sky priced it where it is. there are runours of it dropping to 7 a month which would seem more logical

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You can but you can only register one Xbox at a time.

Meant to ask actually. Has anybody else tried to tune into a program/film and a message will come up on screen sayinig "The following programme is not available on Sky Player"?

What's with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

That_Guy wrote: »
    Meant to ask actually. Has anybody else tried to tune into a program/film and a message will come up on screen sayinig "The following programme is not available on Sky Player"?

What's with that?

It means that sky does not have the rights to air that program over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tut in a perfect world you could go "right im not a sky customer but i wanna watch the Chelsea - Utd match tomorrow".Deduct a couple of microsoft points of us and there we have it!:(..if only

You are paying Sky for this service directly so they are hardly going to accept MS points.

Plus, Sky can not sell their games on a PPV basis. The Premier League determines what kind of packages are sold and none of them include PPV any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Wondering if anyone can help...is the username an actual e-mail address...? My friend has offered to give me his as he does not have an xbox but can't remember his username or even email address he used to sign up with years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help...is the username an actual e-mail address...? My friend has offered to give me his as he does not have an xbox but can't remember his username or even email address he used to sign up with years ago...

Your username is a username you choose. When you're originally setting up your SkyID you have to have an email and Sky will then send you an email asking you to verify your username and password.

If your friend has forgotten his email address he used to register for a SkyID then there is a way of gathering this lost information.

On the sky.com website when you sign in click on the "forgotten your username/password?" link and then answer the security question that your friend chose and there you go.

Cheers, final question, if they don't have multiroom and I was willing to pay to use it on my XBOX do they have to pay an additional fee for installation of another box or can they just upgrade to multiroom without this....if so it would be worth my while!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Ok, have read some of the thread, so apologies if some of these questions are rehashed.

My folks live about 40 mihutes drive from me, they have a sky sub with movies and sports, but no multiroom.

Can I set up my xbox in my own house using their details if I get a multiroom on their account? How much extra is multiroom? Is Skysports available through Sky Player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Multiroom is €15 a month I think. Yes sky sports is available through the player. No idea if you could play it in your house but I dont see why not

You can of course use it in another house, just use the Sky ID and password that you can set-up in Sky Player, have friends who have done this with others who already have multiroom...So 15 euro, but I wonder if you would need to get another sky box (which costs some money) or just get the multiroom add on for 15 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tomorrow night will the first chance to really try out Sky Player.

Girlfriend will be watching The X Factor on TV downstairs, and the TV upstairs only has Freesat (no RTE, TV3 etc).

So I've found out the Ireland - France game is on Sky Sports 1... anyone else be watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Sweet. Thought it was only on rte. Now I can watch it in HD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just got this on my Xbox. Have multi-room so I can watch it all. Brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I heard At The Races would be on it aswell but I cant see it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Easy Rider wrote: »
    You can of course use it in another house, just use the Sky ID and password that you can set-up in Sky Player, have friends who have done this with others who already have multiroom...So 15 euro, but I wonder if you would need to get another sky box (which costs some money) or just get the multiroom add on for 15 euro...

Hold on now :) Are you telling me that if my parents have multiroom (which they do) then I could sign into my Xbox where I live and get SKy on that for free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

brianon wrote: »
    Hold on now :) Are you telling me that if my parents have multiroom (which they do) then I could sign into my Xbox where I live and get SKy on that for free ?
    Yep.. just sign them up on Sky.com and use their Sky ID / password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

basquille wrote: »
    Yep.. just sign them up on Sky.com and use their Sky ID / password.

Sweet. Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I currently have Magnet Entertainment in the place where I live and as luck would have it, my Xbox has just returned from being fixed.

Seeing I'm not a Sky customer, can I sign up and get the channels? Is there a minimum contract?

To be honest, where I live, I can only get Magnet. But I've a sneaking suspicion the tv package through Sky may be cheaper. If so, I might go ahead and cancel my TV package with Magnet.

Advertisement