Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hmm. Mine has been stashing them behind the sofa and loses it if he sees them go in the bin. Maybe they know something we don't.

My guy is 5 and is still obsessed with the damn things

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hmm. Mine has been stashing them behind the sofa and loses it if he sees them go in the bin. Maybe they know something we don't.

Fold'em into each other and you've got a sword!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Maybe they've been watching re-runs of "How do you do?" :)

Liam made me laugh this morning. His dad let out a smelly fart (sorry), and then went to the bathroom. Liam laughed and said "Daddy caca"! (caca = French kiddy word for poo).

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Liam made me laugh this morning. His dad let out a smelly fart (sorry), and then went to the bathroom. Liam laughed and said "Daddy caca"! (caca = French kiddy word for poo).

Amélie has done the exact same thing. Only difference is she said 'Papa caca' :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fold'em into each other and you've got a sword!

There's going to be some craic in your house in a few years!

He calls them his telescopes. I definitely think there's some larger scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The other day my 2 kids were chatting about summer holidays. Then older child said 'we will bring our books cos once you have a book you are never bored'
    They might be a bit brain washed il admit but 'yay' is all I could say :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

vitani wrote: »
    My 3 year old is currently curled up against me, fast asleep. She's getting her back teeth and has a wee bit of a cold, so shortly after 10pm, I heard her crying. Went upstairs, picked her up, gave her a cuddle and her teddy and within a couple of minutes she was back asleep.

I kind of take it for granted most of the time, but tonight I'm smiling at how I can comfort her just by being there. It's like the best superpower in the world.

And it never goes away even as the kids get older. There's very little a parents hug or cuddle can't cure!

• Administrators Posts: 13,816 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I pick him up, he realises that it's me picking him up - and he calms down. He's only eight weeks old, how does he even know?! I find it fascinating. :o

I remember when my youngest was born. He didn't cry for maybe 30 seconds or so... The longest 30 seconds of my life! (There had been a few *small* complications and an emergency section had been mentioned more than once)

Anyway..

When he eventually started to cry he screamed!!! It took the midwives a few minutes to check him over, clean him up etc and he screeched through the whole thing. They then laid him on my chest, and obviously I started talking to him. The reaction was instant. The crying stopped, he stared up towards my face and snuggled in to make himself comfortable.

It was an amazing response to just my voice.. and 5 years later a snuggle from mammy can still sort out anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edward9

Very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

My little 9.5 month old walked across the room to me today. He has been moving towards it for the last few weeks. Today was very special although bye bye what ever peace I had. I can see the fights between him and his 3yr old siste escalating now he can go after her to get his toys back...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

How could this not make you smile. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

How could this not make you smile. :o

"I have special powers, that will make you smile":):):)

Gorgeous photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

3year old is pulling out all the stops for attention now that she has a baby sister. Tonight... Toilet dismount via the Forward Roll!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Driving my 5 year old boy to school today, he was making some noise in the back seat and giggling to himself. I looked in the rear view at him and he was turned around looking at the car behind us, and shooting it with his 'hand' gun and saying pew pew.

Not an advocate of kids playing with guns, but boys will be boys, and it was particularly hilarious this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

On valentines weekend, my 5 yo gave his class mates heart shaped doggie treats for their dogs:o:o:o, I only got the explanation this morning, "It was valentines, and I wanted their doggies to love them as much as my doggie loves me"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My three year old at the top of a slide in the playground saying 'gimme money' to all the kids trying to go down the slide. he didnt get any but they were all laughing their heads off.
    Then he went in behind he railings at the bank and pretended to be locked in 'help me help me', he caught a few people out the little rouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 26 month old was eating her yogurt yesterday evening and my brother call in to see her. He asked her can I have some.
    She said " NO mine, go shopping your own yo yo"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

My 3 year old didn't want her chicken at dinner yesterday and when I asked her why she said it was because she just didn't have any love for chickens!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

My two year old is having speech difficulties and attending a speech therapist and there are certain 'games' we need to play with him. One of them is stacking cups and going 'ready, steady, go' and he pushes over the cups.

Brought him to a play centre today and as he was coming down the slide I said 'ready, steady......' And he said 'Joe'

I fell over laughing. It's close enough to 'go' for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Found a plush toy cow on my sons window sil this morning. Turned around to him and asked, "What does the cow say?" and he responded "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooo" - hes 18 months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

My 2.5 year old today told me "I love you mammy. I wont hit you today". :)

My 2.5 year old today told me "I love you mammy. I wont hit you today". :)

I thought it was just mine!
    I was giving a lift to my niece and 2 friends the other day and as i put the 2 lads into the car i said to my 3yr old 'now no hitting, please dont hit him' , one of my niece's hungover friends turns wide-eyed to me and said 'of course not, i wouldn't touch him'.
    He was even more wide-eyed when I told him I was just trying to protect him from the 3yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Walking home from school today my 6 year old asks me are we going to teh shops.I said no i have no money,Daddy gets paid tomorrow and we go then.
    He lets a big roar to one of the boys in his class MY DADDY GETS PAID TOMORROW.Well i was moetified.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

My 22 month old daughter threw a wobbly in the kitchen yesterday because she wanted a whole punnet of raspberries, which I wouldn't give her. I put them back in the fridge and closed it, so she went full nuclear, stomping feet, screaming, etc, but in the middle of it she shouted at me:

OPEN. FRIDGE. NOOOOOW!

I'd normally get a bit pissed off with this kind of behaviour, but for whatever reason, I got a fit of giggling, so I gave her a hug to calm her down but I was shaking with laughter mid hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

^ They can be hilarious when they're angry. Mine took down a framed photo of us this morning, which she knows she's not supposed to do. We had a couple of rounds of 'give me the picture', 'NO!' before I started to see the funny side of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

dubstarr wrote: »
    Walking home from school today my 6 year old asks me are we going to teh shops.I said no i have no money,Daddy gets paid tomorrow and we go then.
    He lets a big roar to one of the boys in his class MY DADDY GETS PAID TOMORROW.Well i was moetified.

+1million :D you really do have to watch what you say....

one day in tesco we passed a toy section they moved downstairs, and my 4 year old asked me for a doll that cost 30 euro, so i quickly told her i didn't have the money for it and kept moving, i didn't think anything more of it,

roll on 3 days later in a relatives house when she announced to the whole family there that "mom has no money" it is so embarrassing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My 11yr old is at that stage where he thinks he's too cool to hold my hand or walk beside me in public (different story when it's just the two of us though, still full of cuddles thankfully)...we were at home last nite and he was chatting to me about his friends house, where things are a bit manic (there are 5 children, any wonder!). He wouldn't be a big fan of his friends mam and I was asking him why...
    'Well mam'...he says 'You know when YOU walk into a room and all of a sudden, I feel really warm?...When she walks in, I actually feel cold...'

It nearly brought a tear to my eye that I make him feel 'warm' just by walking into the room:o

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    OMG that is just the cutest thing ever ! What a lovely son you have and what a gorgeous thing to say.

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    +1million :D you really do have to watch what you say....

one day in tesco we passed a toy section they moved downstairs, and my 4 year old asked me for a doll that cost 30 euro, so i quickly told her i didn't have the money for it and kept moving, i didn't think anything more of it,

roll on 3 days later in a relatives house when she announced to the whole family there that "mom has no money" it is so embarrassing :o

I had a few of my daughters friends in the car one day and we were heading home to watch a movie, I asked if they all had tv (it is not unusual in their school to not) and we dont have channels or aerial, one guy said yeah but only rte, the other child said no.
    My son asked here if they were too poor to own a tv :eek: I was mortified.

Advertisement