Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My 4 month old is driven demented the last couple of days with teething. He's just fallen asleep in my arms after two hours of whinging and chewing his fists.....

.......and promptly started giggling in his sleep :D

Would love to know what is so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Me: How's the boy?

Boy: *grunt*

Dad: Well, that's as much of a response as you're going to get.

I love him! :o:D

(The boy, not the daddy.)

(Well maybe the daddy too. A little bit. Sometimes! :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

5 and a half year old watched the princess and the pauper at the weekend.
    Sitting watching it she asks
    "Daddy whats a pauper?"
    I replied "its somebody that doesnt have a lot of money!"
    Pause "Dad does that mean your a pauper?"
    Couldnt not but laugh!! :rolleyes:

My son has started doing this really distinctive cry when he's hungry. It's like, "UUUNNNN-GHHEEEEE, UUUNNNN-GHHEEEE."

It sounds exactly like he's shouting "Hungry, hungry!" (He's not, he's only a month old.)

Bad mammy, getting amusement out of how the baby cries. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Myself and my 3 year old were doing some puzzles this morning when out of the blue he said "you're a great mammy" made my year :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Up in hospital, male doctor comes in to put in IV line. Says "Hi, I'm the doctor". My almost three year old looks at him suspiciously and says, "You can't be the doctor, you are a man. Doctors are always ladies!"

Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was away for the weekend,came back Sunday.5 1/2 year old opens the door and goes Mammmmmmy,2 1/2 year old goes Mama,4 year old goes where are the presents.Glad to know i was missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

pwurple wrote: »
    Up in hospital, male doctor comes in to put in IV line. Says "Hi, I'm the doctor". My almost three year old looks at him suspiciously and says, "You can't be the doctor, you are a man. Doctors are always ladies!"

Haha.

Love it! How times change as well - when my 36 year old brother was about the same age, he told a female doctor the opposite - that women weren't doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

5 yo nephew visiting the farm and, in the forest, we find a foxe's skull...
    "Actually, uncle, it's dinosaur skull !"....
    A week later, he's back for a visit..."Did you find another skull for me?"
    No but I'll look for one.
    "Good, I really need another one".
    Why?
    "I have to get more teeth for the tooth fairy. She gave me lots of money for all the dinosaur teeth."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

5 yo nephew visiting the farm and, in the forest, we find a foxe's skull...
    "Actually, uncle, it's dinosaur skull !"....
    A week later, he's back for a visit..."Did you find another skull for me?"
    No but I'll look for one.
    "Good, I really need another one".
    Why?
    "I have to get more teeth for the tooth fairy. She gave me lots of money for all the dinosaur teeth."
    That's genius :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lately, my little fella has started waking up singing! He still wakes up early but it's much nicer to walk up to that than to crying! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Called to my mums yesterday and asked my LO 21 mnths to show her nanny where the baby is (currently 8 months pregnant) . LO went over to my mam (who has a few extra pounds on) pointed to her belly and said "in there". All we could do was laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

"Make me a snowball, Mammy and I throw at you" hmmm :rolleyes:

William (five weeks old) just went to sleep with his little fist grasping my finger like he'd never let go.

I know of course at that stage they don't care who they grab on to, as long as they can hold on to something. But he seemed really properly attached, and really happy to have his mammy to hold onto. :o

It's the little things!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

William (five weeks old) just went to sleep with his little fist grasping my finger like he'd never let go.

I know of course at that stage they don't care who they grab on to, as long as they can hold on to something. But he seemed really properly attached, and really happy to have his mammy to hold onto. :o

It's the little things!

Just wait til he starts grabbing it and shoving it into his mouth to teethe on and gobs all over it til it runs down your wrist...

You'll love him even more.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Just wait til he starts grabbing it and shoving it into his mouth to teethe on and gobs all over it til it runs down your wrist...

You'll love him even more.

Or until he's snuggling into your chest and his little fingers are looking for something to grab, and they find your nipple. Ouch.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Or until he's snuggling into your chest and his little fingers are looking for something to grab, and they find your nipple. Ouch.

Or his teeth find your nipple double ouch.:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Or his teeth find your nipple double ouch.:D

:D On the one hand I'm pleased that his fine motor skills are coming along and that he can manage to grab something that small, but on the other hand...... STOP TWEAKING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Brought her to the Phoenix Park to show her the deer.

"Hello, cows!"
    "No, sweetheart, they're deer. Like Santa's reindeer."
    *some mumblings of 'oh dear' to herself*

"Say bye-bye to the deer."
    "Bye-bye, cows!"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

ladypip wrote: »
    Our six year old was talking about how he would be the best big brother if we gave him a little brother or sister. " I would be the best brother ever! I'd kiss it very gently and make it laugh when it is sad" We told him we would think about it.

Im 15 weeks pregnant and we are dying to tell him that he actually will be a big brother soon :).

So we told him the big news. His reaction was priceless.
    Him I'm going to cry.
    Me: Oh don't be upset nothing will change our love for you.
    Him: I'm not upset I am so happy!

He has been so great. Talking to the baby, kissing my tummy, covering my tummy with a blanket every evening when daddy is bringing him up to bed. and making me drink a glass of milk everyday because "The baby needs to be strong"

• Advertisement

Him I'm going to cry.

He has been so great. Talking to the baby, kissing my tummy, covering my tummy with a blanket every evening when daddy is bringing him up to bed. and making me drink a glass of milk everyday because "The baby needs to be strong"

Ah hes going to be a great big brother,what a lovely little boy.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Lately, my little fella has started waking up singing! He still wakes up early but it's much nicer to walk up to that than to crying! :)
    My eight-year-old was the same when he was younger. We were awoken most mornings to his singing. He now goes to lessons and can belt out the tunes goodo!

Him I'm going to cry.

That's just way too adorable!! What a beautiful little boy you have; he will be a great big brother :)

ppshay wrote: »
    My eight-year-old was the same when he was younger. We were awoken most mornings to his singing. He now goes to lessons and can belt out the tunes goodo!
    It makes me so happy cos he can really hold a tune! I love singing but I'm terrible. His daddy's family are very musical so it must come from that side! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Him I'm going to cry.

That is so adorable! The new baby is going to have a very protective older brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thanks Dubstarr, Nikmpup and Paddy Cow. Yep this baby sure is lucky to have him as a big brother, and im so lucky to be his mammy. He is such a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My 9y.o son decided today that he is going to do Shave or Dye!
    He has been knocking around ideas for a fundraiser since Sept and this has grabbed him :)
    We've had a bad run with cancer in our family and he's decided that while he can't help those we've lost, that he can raise money to try and make sure that other families can avoid the pain ours has had.

I keep telling him he can change the world one step at a time....
    He keeps taking big bloody steps!

I'm going to get my own hair dyed and crazified too if he reaches the target he's set himself...
    And even if he doesn't, he's got a very very proud Dad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

It makes me so happy cos he can really hold a tune! I love singing but I'm terrible. His daddy's family are very musical so it must come from that side! :)
    If he's singing like that, by himself, so early, it could be that it comes naturally to him. He could try lessons as soon as his reading skills begin to develop. In the meantime, lots of musicals on TV and Lyric FM on the radio and he will love you for it!

Edit: Actually, I remember when telling my boy that he would be starting lessons the following week his reply was, "at last!".

ppshay wrote: »
    If he's singing like that, by himself, so early, it could be that it comes naturally to him. He could try lessons as soon as his reading skills begin to develop. In the meantime, lots of musicals on TV and Lyric FM on the radio and he will love you for it!

Edit: Actually, I remember when telling my boy that he would be starting lessons the following week his reply was, "at last!".
    Oh I often put music on for him, and we listen to songs from the musicals already (he loves Doe a deer, I could sing that 10 times in a row!). He loves traditional Irish music too, he bops along to it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

my little fella is finally latching on well at one week old! He had a good 10 minute feed and I was so happy I cried. The PHN told me he might never breast feed at all and Id be stuck in this pumping hell im in and supplementing with formula forever.

I think he could feel all the tension in me over it. So glad he and I are finding our rhythm

Advertisement