Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You know all the posters up of politicians at the minute,my 6 year old thought they were all missing persons.How weird is that.We told him i was for elections.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My 4yo had taken to calling one particular European candidate "The bad man."

The following are things he has said about "the bad man"
    • He died, and the street put up his picture because it didn't think he was dead. The street was right and the bad man came back alive.
    • The bad man wants you and daddy to vote for him so he can have lots of gold. All he wants is money and gold.
    • If you said a bad thing to the bad man, he'd say a bad thing back. But if you said a good thing to him, he'd still say a bad thing.
    • He's only nice to boys and not to girls. I think he likes babies though.
    • He wasn't naughty when he was a kid, but when he got teenager he got evil.
    • If the bad man came to our house, I'd hide in my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My 4yo had taken to calling one particular European candidate "The bad man."

The following are things he has said about "the bad man"
    • He died, and the street put up his picture because it didn't think he was dead. The street was right and the bad man came back alive.
    • The bad man wants you and daddy to vote for him so he can have lots of gold. All he wants is money and gold.
    • If you said a bad thing to the bad man, he'd say a bad thing back. But if you said a good thing to him, he'd still say a bad thing.
    • He's only nice to boys and not to girls. I think he likes babies though.
    • He wasn't naughty when he was a kid, but when he got teenager he got evil.
    • If the bad man came to our house, I'd hide in my bed.

Kid's probably on the money ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Out of curiosity, which candidate is it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Young fella watching his daddy going to the loo today and asked what was around daddy's willy, so the other half explained it was hair. He thought for a minute before coming out with: "Did Rachel do it?"

Rachel is the local (and very attractive) hairdresser!:eek:

• Advertisement

vitani wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, which candidate is it? :)

Mullen.

Let's just say, it's not from the stones he licked it! We can't drive anywhere now without new theories on the bad man. :pac:

Today he drew a family portrait of us all. Including penises. Even one for me. :eek:

I really hope he doesn't tell that story at preschool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

As in ronan Mullen? Your child is dead right then! Nut job.

My older lad got a new swim hat that looks a fish and the little man kept putting it on but insisted it went over his eyes so he could not see out and went around making fish mouth moves and banging into things. He is obsessed with fish and all things aquatic.
    I nearly wet myself.

Mullen.

Let's just say, it's not from the stones he licked it! We can't drive anywhere now without new theories on the bad man. :pac:

Brilliant! Some of his theories are surprisingly accurate... :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

dubstarr wrote: »
    You know all the posters up of politicians at the minute,my 6 year old thought they were all missing persons.How weird is that.We told him i was for elections.

And they'll go missing about a week after the votes are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I put my three year old to bed tonight and was lying beside her reading a story. She rolled over, gave my neck a hug with her little arms and said 'thanks mama' I asked her what for and she said 'Im just so glad to have a Mom'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Lola92 wrote: »
    I put my three year old to bed tonight and was lying beside her reading a story. She rolled over, gave my neck a hug with her little arms and said 'thanks mama' I asked her what for and she said 'Im just so glad to have a Mom'.

My heart just melted :o

My little one woke me up with a good morning card she had made the night before when she was supposed to be sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

When I walked into the crèche this afternoon to collect my 9 month old from her second day, I looked in the window to see her dancing <3

"When I get a new mama, I'm going to kill her and find you."

Thanks. I think.

When I went to the bathroom earlier, almost straight away there was a knock at the door and 'hello Mama!' shouted in at me. She then sat outside the bathroom waiting for me to come out. It made me laugh because it's such a toddler cliché.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We brought our kids to mcdonalds for the first time yesterday. When the 3 year old heard it was mcdonalds he said 'are we going to old mcdonalds restaurant?'

Later that day, my 12 year old nephew farted in the car. I gave out about the stink and rolled down the windows. The 3 year old asked if his farts smelled like that and I told him they smelled like flowers. 5 minutes later I heard some noise from the back seat and he told me he was doing some flower farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Told the kids today that my uncle died and was sure that the 3 yr old did not really understand until he said, with concern in his eyes, 'ah mommy, you not broken?'. Think he got the general idea anyway.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, lynski.

My little precious was eating toast earlier and some dreadful sub-boyzone dirge came on the radio. He started swaying along to it as he munched.

"Do you like this song?" I asked.

"Nope. I'm dancing cause I love jam."

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

lynski wrote: »
    Told the kids today that my uncle died and was sure that the 3 yr old did not really understand until he said, with concern in his eyes, 'ah mommy, you not broken?'. Think he got the general idea anyway.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Your boy sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daisymay2007

8 year old son is very deep thinker...we were asking him to get ready for his karate lesson the other day and he was in bit of a lazy mood...after a bit of cajoling, he turned to his dad and said.... 'You don't own my soul'...not really sure what he meant by that but it made is giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daisymay2007

8 year old son is very deep thinker...we were asking him to get ready for his karate lesson the other day and he was in bit of a lazy mood...after a bit of cajoling, he turned to his dad and said.... 'You don't own my soul'...not really sure what he meant by that but it made us giggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yesterday my 2 1/2 year old locked himself in the bathroom.After all teh cajoling he wouldnt open the door.All i heard was bottles clanging together.So i put on my ma voice and told him to open the door,otherwise his brother was gonna knock it down.
    His brother is 18,6 ft 4 and built like a brick.Next minute click and hes standing there all angelic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sorry to hear about your uncle, lynski.

My little precious was eating toast earlier and some dreadful sub-boyzone dirge came on the radio. He started swaying along to it as he munched.

"Do you like this song?" I asked.

"Nope. I'm dancing cause I love jam."

<3

Not my child but that made me smile too...how cute :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Gave junior the ipad yesterday evening to look at fireman sam. We have none of them recorded, so it's just as easy. I typed it into search and left him at it. I was on the couch, and him on the floor. He was tapping away at it, I never noticed there was no sound. Then he started making animal noises and laughing. I got down beside him, and saw he was flicking through donedeal, in the farming section. Able to name all the animals, pointed at the geese(dunno who told him they were different to ducks), and then on to the tractor section. 30 minutes we spent on it. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My nearly 2 and a half year old loves Disney's Frozen at the moment (she'd watch it 10 times a day if we let her). Last night when we put her to bed, it took her an hour to drift off to sleep as she was so busy singing all the songs. Every so often she'd stop singing to say ´Come back Mama, I love you' :D

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Xdancer wrote: »
    Last night when we put her to bed, it took her an hour to drift off to sleep as she was so busy singing all the songs

This reminded me of my now 8 year old. When we has around 2, I had a DVD of The Dubliners Live in Vicar St. He used to watch it constantly! Then in bed he used to put on a little concert for himself! He'd be singing Weila Waile, The Auld Triangle, Rare aul times (and many more :pac:) and after every song, he'd give a little cheer, and a clap and introduce the next song!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Kind of similar but "Raglan road" has been known to send my bubs straight to sleep but now she'll have a little jiggle before sge drifts off. It's hilarious in that she'll be half asleep in your arms and all of a sudden she'll start dancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Had 6 week old lying on our bed this morninh kicking about when 2 year old (has a speach delay) climbed up beside him, leaned over him and said "hi buddy, i do love you". I actually nearly cried was soooo cute. And couldnt believe she said it so clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not my child but I was baby sitting my best friend's 3 year old yesterday. She was playing a game on her little tablet thing on the couch and I was leaning towards her watching her play. Then she stopped, she turned and gave me a kiss on the forehead and went back to her game. My heart nearly melted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L said "Je t'aime maman" for the first time this morning, it was so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

It was my son's second birthday yesterday. He's been a little slow in talking but has picked up a lot recently, just about putting some words together now and his vocabulary has really grown. When my wife woke him up yesterday morning they had this exchange when he was still half asleep in the bed -

"How old are you today?"

"Twoooooo"

"That's right, and where are we all going today?"

"Pooooool!"

"And what do you say when you go on the slides in the pool?"

"Weeeeeeeeeee!"

"And we're going to to toy shop after pool, and what are we going to get there?"

"Blue car!"

It was probably the longest actual two way conversation he's had to date. His little sleepy squeeky voice melted my heart.

Advertisement