Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Applicants-Introduce Yourself (see Moderator note in post#1)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Andrea345 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm new on this forum and I have no idea where I should post this, but I wanted to join the reserves and I have been on the Public jobs website but that's as far as I have gotten in the last year. I haven't received any alerts. Am I doing something wrong or is it that there is no recruitment for them. I'm in the Mayo area. Do I just wait until things pick up in this country and then they will send out details and/or the application form?
    Thank you for your help!

Welcome to the forum! I have attached the interview application form to my post. Please print it off and fill in all your details and post it to

Garda Reserve Unit,
    Public Appointments Service,
    Chapter House,
    26/30 Abbey Street Upper,
    Dublin 1.

Than give it about a week, call them and ask when are the interviews for the Mayo region or surrounding areas. If there is one soon you can ask them for a place if your lucky you will get it and it all starts from there! (be prepared for a long wait! I'm waiting a year and 3 months for a medical) good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and info!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Andrea345 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome and info!

Most welcome! good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

Hi, All.

Applyed late 2009,

Public jobs interviews early 2010,

BR form sent in May 2010,

I had three meetings in total with the local superintendent,

Last week I recived a medical call up Email, its in May. :)

Waiting for the BR form was ok, Im in full time education so it used to drift in and out of my mind over the last two years however, It seems now the two mounth wait for the medical will cause me to become more inpatient than the background checks and play on my mind alot more. Anyone else have the same feeling??

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Hi there guys :),

I'm jeddie! I'm from the Mayo area and I'm 21.

Wanted to join the reserves for a good while as a step towards the applying for the real thing when they start hiring again! Was looking at the form sitting in the corner and so I just got around to filling it in, just waiting on a copy of my LC results to come out (got a copy about 2 weeks ago and lost it in a matter of minutes :o) and send it off :)! Hopefully they wont throw my application in the bin once they see my LC :P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Hey everyone,

I'm Cillian, 20 and from cork :P
    I applied in early November 2011
    I had my interview in mid December and found out a week later that I got through that.
    I only got around to handing in my BR form last week for a number of reasons (and after getting a call 2 weeks from a lady in Dublin asking how soon I'd be handing it in)
    Got a call from a local Sargent, the day after handing in my form, who arranged a meeting for this Tuesday at the local station. He seems very friendly and told me not to worry at all and that it's just an informal chat to get to know me a bit better and talk about my form.

All seems to be going well so far anyway :D

Hoping to follow in some of the familys footsteps and join the Gardai someday

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daedalus177

HI all,

I applied 21/07/2012,
    Recieved an acknowledgmentfrom PAS on 24th,
    Nothing further to tell really. just waiting for an interview date,
    Looking back at some the previous post some people have quite
    a while to wait. so heres to patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EimearM1

Hi im from Donegal i applied on the 20/07/2012
    Rang a couple days later and they told me they received my application
    Just waiting for a date for the interview now really hope i hear soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hey everyone, I'm completing the application form as I type. Hopefully I get it a call for interview soon!! Just need to get in better shape

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markpq

I applied for The real Garda and the Reserve in Sept 2010. Called them in Jan of this year to see what the story was to find out they had NO RECORD of my application, I was then sent out the application form and sent it off in Feb '12 and on Tuesday 14/08/2012 I got a letter to be called for interview which is in 10 days time so fingers crossed. By the looks of things I'll be waiting a while to get called again if I get accepted. Best of luck to anyone with interviews coming up soon!

Cheers

• Advertisement

markpq wrote: »
    I applied for The real Garda and the Reserve in Sept 2010. Called them in Jan of this year to see what the story was to find out they had NO RECORD of my application, I was then sent out the application form and sent it off in Feb '12 and on Tuesday 14/08/2012 I got a letter to be called for interview which is in 10 days time so fingers crossed. By the looks of things I'll be waiting a while to get called again if I get accepted. Best of luck to anyone with interviews coming up soon!

Cheers

How did you apply for full time in 2010, there was no campaign. I suspect you may just have added yourself to the interest list.

I applied on public jobs and selected Garda alerts I assumed that was how you apply. What stage are you in at the moment?

Alerts is just to alert you when a campaign goes live, thats why they have no record. To apply you need to download the application and send it to them. I've only recently applied myself, so don't expect to hear from them for a while yet.

Edit: I see you've sent the application in already. Good luck with the interview.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Alerts is just to alert you when a campaign goes live, thats why they have no record. To apply you need to download the application and send it to them. I've only recently applied myself, so don't expect to hear from them for a while yet.

Edit: I see you've sent the application in already. Good luck with the interview.

Thanks hope you get called soon too best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

markpq wrote: »

Cheers
    Is your interview on the 29th in sligo? I'm in for an interview aswell that day :)

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Is your interview on the 29th in sligo? I'm in for an interview aswell that day :)

Mine is the on the Tuesday the 28th. I'm supposed to fly to Portugal that morning but no chance I'm missing this interview so booked a separate flight for the 29th. How is your preparation coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Just being. Nosey here what do yo do in Templemore just wondering mods feel Feel free to edit delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hootanany wrote: »
    Just being. Nosey here what do yo do in Templemore just wondering

Whatever your told to do

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Hootanany wrote: »
    Just being. Nosey here what do yo do in Templemore just wondering mods feel Feel free to edit delete.

Get passed the interview and medical and get to Phase one first then worry about all that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Initial application August 2011

Interview/report writing (I/rp) October 2011

Found out I passed I/Rp

BR form submitted to local station May 2012
    (The BR form was in my local station for nearly 6 months, unknown to me, until I made a telephone query that is to Garda Headquarters (GHQ) re the status of my application. The local station sent it to GHQ the same day I inquired, after a call from GHQ to them that is.

BR form submitted by my local station ? January 2013

Interview with local Inspector ? February 2013
    Application approved post interview..

Still waiting on BR checks......
    1 year 9 months since initial application at present....and counting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me roughly how long it took to receive a phone call for the interview from when your first initial application was submitted.
    I know I could be very much jumping the gun right now but I submitted mine three weeks ago and I am also from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

dunner515 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me roughly how long it took to receive a phone call for the interview from when your first initial application was submitted.
    I know I could be very much jumping the gun right now but I submitted mine three weeks ago and I am also from Dublin.

Do u mean from the time you submitted the initial application form? If so then phone Public Jobs and ask them have they received your application form. Tell them you will travel anywhere for interview. That way they will schedule you into the next available interview spot. That was the case with me. It took about around 2 months in my case....

Advertisement