Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Applicants-Introduce Yourself (see Moderator note in post#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woodzie1991

Hello again everyone,

I got a call there on Tuesday from my local station saying that I had to go and meet the Super to discuss something on my form, so I went in and I was told that all my checks were complete, after 5 months :D.

But there was just something small that came up on PULSE regarding my car, and I was asked why I didnt put it down on my form, so I said because it wasnt persued any further and that no conviction was made, no court or anything like that.

When I was filling my form I asked the Sgt. about it, and he said there was no need to put it in because of that reason.

So anyways, the Super said he was giving me his full reccomendation and that he considered this little glitch as absolutely nothing compared to what sometimes comes up, and that my form was going to be sent back to HQ that evening....So, I presume its just going to be a small wait to be called for a medical? :). Considering I've went through all the process so far in 8 months? :)

I'm getting all excited about the Reserve again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

thats just the initial bit done now, there may be another wait of a few months before you get medical. just remember the waiting lists....8000 people have applied

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My days up at Templemore for phases 1 and 3, and again today for my ASP training have been my most enjoyable and memorable to date, outstanding Staff & Instructors - second to none! You really do feel like part of the team when in around the college :)

Phase2 just came and went so fast with a training Sergeant who I won't forget. Remarkable.

Facilities really are great in the college, serious shame the college is gone so quiet though and they are not being utilised like years gone by.

Wishing all future reserves the sincere best wishes :), you will all love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

Hello again everyone,

I got a call there on Tuesday from my local station saying that I had to go and meet the Super to discuss something on my form, so I went in and I was told that all my checks were complete, after 5 months :D.

But there was just something small that came up on PULSE regarding my car, and I was asked why I didnt put it down on my form, so I said because it wasnt persued any further and that no conviction was made, no court or anything like that.

When I was filling my form I asked the Sgt. about it, and he said there was no need to put it in because of that reason.

So anyways, the Super said he was giving me his full reccomendation and that he considered this little glitch as absolutely nothing compared to what sometimes comes up, and that my form was going to be sent back to HQ that evening....So, I presume its just going to be a small wait to be called for a medical? :). Considering I've went through all the process so far in 8 months? :)

I'm getting all excited about the Reserve again :)

I'm so jealous of you :mad: haha

Must get on to headquarters and see how my background checks are getting on, starting to get a bit worried that I wont get in before the quota is filled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well got a date for the interview stage 1 .. Hopefully I will get over this hurdle without a hitch ...

Can't wait to get it out of the way .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 robmol

hello all i'm new to boards some great threads on here bursting with all the info I've needed.i'm at the very beginning applied in january and i'm still waiting for an interview date cant wait to get the ball rolling even if it is a long process!!!!:eek:

I am as of 1pm today able to post in here having complete all stages of my Garda Reserve training.

To all of the Training Instructors and Staff at Templemore College & where I done my Phase 2 and Phase 4 training - sincere Thank You. I won't forget the hard work; dedication; commitment and enthusiasm by each of you.

I'm just thrilled on reaching this stage after sitting my initial Interview & Report-writing back in April 2009.

Thanks everyone for the advice; guidance and support on here in boards to date aswell. You've been great! :)

I'm closing my chapter in this thread. kerry4sam has Graduated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I am as of 1pm today able to post in here having complete all stages of my Garda Reserve training.

To all of the Training Instructors and Staff at Templemore College & where I done my Phase 2 and Phase 4 training - sincere Thank You. I won't forget the hard work; dedication; commitment and enthusiasm by each of you.

I'm just thrilled on reaching this stage after sitting my initial Interview & Report-writing back in April 2009.

Thanks everyone for the advice; guidance and support on here in boards to date aswell. You've been great! :)

I'm closing my chapter in this thread. kerry4sam has Graduated :D

Well done Kerry... good things come to all who wait :):D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

kerry4sam has Graduated :D
    About.
    Bloody.
    Time.

(Congrats!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Well after much consideration i've finally decided to go for it and apply for the GR. Sent the interview application form off today. Long road ahead!

• Advertisement

Well after much consideration i've finally decided to go for it and apply for the GR. Sent the interview application form off today. Long road ahead!

Well done King Ludvig. Pull up an auld chair and kick back, it could take some time! But at least your journey to Templemore has started :) Welcome along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Thanks Kerry! Hope your time in the GR is going well, im sure i'll be in contact for advice at some stage over the next 12 months or however long this takes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

sent away the application sometime in November '09,

interview/written test Feb '10
    BR Form sent off March '10
    Interview with Super June '10
    Medical Feb '11
    Started Training Sep '11

Long enough wait but worth it when you start into the interesting stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

collig2 wrote: »

Long enough wait but worth it when you start into the interesting stuff!

couldnt agree with you more!

it was such a long wait but every shift has been worth it

best of luck with your training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

Hey all, I am just wondering where other people are at in the process of recruitment for the reserves. I am starting to lose heart with it all to be honest and interested to know what people have done so far and how long they have waited.

March '10 - I had my interview with Public Jobs
    April '10 - Handed in my BR form - which got lost for 2 months
    January '11 - home interview with 2 officers
    June '11 - interview with the super
    December '11 - Sent a GR4 form

So now nearly waiting 2 years, with no updates on where my application is at...I have mailed several times and was told checks are still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

I believe there are people on here that can get that info for you and are very well in the know, if you get my drift you just have to have a look at some of the threads to find the person,or perhaps they will find you first.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

whoops double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

hayzer wrote: »
    December '11 - Sent a GR4 form

Whats that ? never herd of it and I'm waiting on medical since march :)

GR4 - Education exemption application form - I only have GCSE's as I did school in England. So I think I have to be able to prove I am a good character who has worked and volunteered in my community etc... I think I just need a good lot of life experience which would counter the exams. Which I think I have..!

So got an email today saying my file is now complete and it will now be presented to the Garda Commissioner. Hope that doesn't take too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

So got an email today saying my file is now complete and it will now be presented to the Garda Commissioner. Hope that doesn't take too long.

Best of luck mate.

Hope it will be all good news for you now :)

Hope it will be all good news for you now :)

Thanks for the support! Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

Applied in April '11, and just passed the medical there in December, so just waiting it out, think i was one of the rare few to be processed quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

March 2007 - Interview

April 2011 - Medical

February 2012 - Phase 1

Apologies for the exemption of when I had my meetings with Sergeants and Superintendent, BR form,etc but with the passage of (a lot of) time, my memory is a bit hazy! Still the end is in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

I've applied this month praying I get this!! even though it could be a long wait!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

Suppose ill join this thread too ...

Applied late 2009

Interview with PAS March 10

Sgt. Interview April 10

Super interview June 10

Medical passed Feb 2012!!

All ran fairly quickly, then best of 2 years for medical!

Hopefully ill be accepted and called for training!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

I applied september 10,
    october 10 I did the written and interview,
    november sent off BR form,
    February 12 medical

and March I'm eventually starting training BOOM :)

delighted cant wait now!

for anyone that has already been do you have to book accommodation in the college and are meals etc covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

Hi
    I'm new on this forum and I have no idea where I should post this, but I wanted to join the reserves and I have been on the Public jobs website but that's as far as I have gotten in the last year. I haven't received any alerts. Am I doing something wrong or is it that there is no recruitment for them. I'm in the Mayo area. Do I just wait until things pick up in this country and then they will send out details and/or the application form?
    Thank you for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This thread should give you a fairly good indication of the process.

If you have any particular problems, post back and let us know.

Advertisement