Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Applicants-Introduce Yourself (see Moderator note in post#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

What date did you receive for the medical?
    the second week of january

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

klong wrote: »
    May as well liven the place up slightly...

Applied June 09
    Interview & report writing exercise early September
    Received "well done" letter a bit after that
    Submitted BR September 21
    Meeting with Sergeant next week.

Is there any link between meeting Garda sergeant/super and how well BR is proceeding?

Have since had super interview as well. Fingers crossed for a call for medical in January...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

DK47 wrote: »
    - I applied on publicjobs.ie on 2nd of April 2009
    - had my Interview & Report Writting 30th June
    - got result 2 weeks later on the 14th of July
    - handed in in my BRform for background checks on 17th of July
    - had my interview with Superintendent on the 29th of July
    - December 22 2009 got call for a Medical

hello again :D, great Christmas present for yourself.

I'm after waiting over 8months now & it is damn disheartening hearing your news after such a short time-frame. Don't get me wrong though, I am delighted for you, I do know you & after everything, you do deserve this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭barneycotter

Applied June 09
    report and interview sept
    letter two weeks later starring I passed
    handed in br oct 4
    met serg nov 7

have heard nothing since would love to meet the super before the new year doesn't look like that's gonna happen now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

kerry4sam wrote: »
    hello again :D, great Christmas present for yourself.

I'm after waiting over 8months now & it is damn disheartening hearing your news after such a short time-frame. Don't get me wrong though, I am delighted for you, I do know you & after everything, you do deserve this news.

Cheeres Kerry, sorry if I have dishartened any one with my news, esspecially you Kerry, I feel bad for everyone waiting, maybe I should have kept my good news till after Christmas, their holding back on yours kerry, because they know you will be too good, and show them all up.:p

• Advertisement

DK47 wrote: »
    Cheeres Kerry, sorry if I have dishartened any one with my news, esspecially you Kerry, I feel bad for everyone waiting, maybe I should have kept my good news till after Christmas, their holding back on yours kerry, because they know you will be too good, and show them all up.:p

ha, don't know about that but cheers. I'll give you a buzz over Christmas hun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

i am also waiting after putting my BR form to gards on 3rd November,
    no news yet!!
    do i need to ring somewhere to check my status???

can't wait to start training but when will they ring.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

there should be a stickie saying...

"there is no way of knowing how long you will have to wait"

But aim for a year and you won't be disappointed if it's sooner

Put it to the back of your mind and get on with the rest of your life, go on holidays, go to college, have babies etc

If you get in, you get in, once you pass the med you can start training or defer to the next intake if the timing doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

Hey Guys

I applied in early Septerber 2009
    Interview and Wriitten test mid sept
    2 weeks later passed
    sent in Form to HRM
    Waiting on word back ....
    Anyone know the next stage !:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Dubbhoy wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I applied in early Septerber 2009
    Interview and Wriitten test mid sept
    2 weeks later passed
    sent in Form to HRM
    Waiting on word back ....
    Anyone know the next stage !:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

more then likely a inspector or super interview which ever really and then if you get recommeded and your BR checks out you will be called for a med i think and then training should start i think :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

just got a call from local garda station that they want reference from 2 referee on a seperate letter?
    dont know why but i think things are moving for sure.

rgds
    AC

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chippy12

hey gang hows things, did anyone get called for a medical this Thursday the 21st of jan in garda hq.i got my call last week was waiting about 9 months at least.im gussing theres an intake quite soon so ,would any one no the date of the intake??? chippydan from cork.

chippy12 wrote: »
    hey gang hows things, did anyone get called for a medical this Thursday the 21st of jan in garda hq.i got my call last week was waiting about 9 months at least.im gussing theres an intake quite soon so ,would any one no the date of the intake??? chippydan from cork.

Early February. Next intake after that is late March.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

Metting the super this friday :D So hopefully get the medical next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chippy12

thanks klong

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hi guys,

I've just spent the last hour or more reading through various posts in this forum and have found it very interesting. I have an interest in this myself and I was wondering the reasons people join the reserves as opposed to becoming a full time garda? Are the reserves seen as a 'back door' in to becoming a full timer?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've just spent the last hour or more reading through various posts in this forum and have found it very interesting. I have an interest in this myself and I was wondering the reasons people join the reserves as opposed to becoming a full time garda? Are the reserves seen as a 'back door' in to becoming a full timer?

Thanks!

its not a back door as such its just a help it gives you an insight and experince to what its like and may help you gain entry into full time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

da__flash wrote: »
    its not a back door as such its just a help it gives you an insight and experince to what its like and may help you gain entry into full time

Thanks for answering, I just asked this question again in 'Garda Reserve Force' as it seems to get more traffic!

(Delete if necessary Mods)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Hi Guys,

Iv been reading alot on here but im a new to post here.

Applyed Dec 09,
    Interview Jan 10,
    Got the letter to say i passed 10mins ago (Feb 10)

I think the only reason i passed was due to the information here.

Thanks Guys.
    John.

Have since had super interview as well. Fingers crossed for a call for medical in January...

Update: called for medical in mid- February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Applied - April 09
    Written test - June 09
    BR form handed in October 09
    Meeting with Inspector in November 09
    Meeting with Seargent January 10
    Called up for medical today 9 Feb 10
    My medical is on the 4th of March so fingers crossed I'm in the next intake in late march =]

Anyone else have a medical early march?

I think that's 3 of us on the forum with medicals coming up, with a late March start date in mind.

I really hope that the start date is definitely late march.

I really hope that the start date is definitely late march.

Got that from a helpful lady in the GSR office about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

I initially sat the written exam in Jan 2009 and have done all the appropriate interveiews etc. Still waiting on the medical. I think i might ring HQ and tell them I want to withdraw my application. Pissed off with all the waiting:mad:

Got that from a helpful lady in the GSR office about a month ago.
    Ah what a nice woman. Well hopefully we all get through the medicals!!

I initially sat the written exam in Jan 2009 and have done all the appropriate interveiews etc. Still waiting on the medical. I think i might ring HQ and tell them I want to withdraw my application. Pissed off with all the waiting:mad:
    Chances are you could be called for a medical soon cause I only got my call yesterday for mine in early march.
    Everyone knows theres alot of waiting about involved with this process and you should really have expected it!!

hey, been a little while since I posted here but after reading this, I couldn't not reply billyhead. Man, I have had that thought myself, only the once mind but I have opted to stick it out. I am tough that way, stubborn somewhat in that I ain't giving in to a waiting game. Nope, not me! I am waiting a while myself for a medical call and you know what, I will sit back in here a while more and wait it out. I will presevere and I seriously hope you do aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

- Public jobs expression of interest - March 2009
    - Public jobs interview - May 2009
    - Submitted BR form - July 2009
    - Sgt interview - August 2009
    - Super interview - October 2009
    - Medical - January 2010

Passed WooHoo!

It gets there eventually. BR took ages for me, have lived in many places and have lots of family here there and everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

How long after sending out the application form for interview should you receive a date for your interview and initial written test??? I have been told the interviews will take place March 9th to 11th bu have not received a date yet..

Advertisement