Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Applicants-Introduce Yourself (see Moderator note in post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

klong wrote: »
    Got that from a helpful lady in the GSR office about a month ago.

Got a cunningly worded email inviting me to Templemore. Next intake March 26th (a Friday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Applied when I turned 18 in Nov.
    No word back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Passed my medical today and I'm heading up to Templemore on the 26th!!
    Who else is going then?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Passed my medical today and I'm heading up to Templemore on the 26th!!
    Who else is going then?

myself and klong will cya there

any of you going down the thursday night?

Scouser wrote: »
    myself and klong will cya there

any of you going down the thursday night?

Wahoo!!
    I'm heading there on the thusday night!!
    I propose a drink in Polly's that night mebby?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GR midlands

Hiya,
    OMG, congrad's to all of u, templemore's a blast-was down there for a cousins grad last yr! U's are all so lucky,
    for me here it goes,

App-21st feb
    interview+exam-15th april

oh only 4 more rounds to go-
    BR form
    srgt interview
    super interview
    medical
    !!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kruger248

Hi guys,

I applied in April 2009 and passed my interview and report writing in May 2009.

BR form and Sgt interview in June 2009.

I had my Superintendent interview in August 2009 and have settled in for the long wait for the medical since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tras-peachy

ive my interview on da 21st... really nervous bout it.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

OH...Iv my interview and written on the 22nd.

• Advertisement

OH-my interview+exam 2day here it goes!!!

Let us know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

how did it go?!

Hiya all,
    Got on great in the interview was a little nervous, Think i done well & in the exam , was challenging to try complete it in the time allocated!! but other than that im just waiting now!!

Ooooh lets cross the fingers & hope that ive succeded-

The sincere best of luck to each and everyone of u here who will be sitting the interview & exam in weeks or months to come.

And thanks to all who took the time to ask how i got on & wish me the best of luck.xx

Applied on public jobs-21st feb
    BR form-hopefully soon!!

Im taking it one stage at a time!!

Applied on public jobs-21st feb
    BR form-hopefully soon!!

Im taking it one stage at a time!!
    February of this year? I applied in November and still have not got word back from them yet. :mad:

Sorry-Yeah i applied this year, on public jobs.ie,

Oh, that's funny, i wonder why u havent, have u rang public jobs recruitment in chapter house in dublin & inquired about it??

I applied on publicjobs.ie too but I still have not heard any word back from them yet.

Right well im sorry 2hear about that id be kicking up & ringing them & inquring about it, as to why u havent been emailed yet & things like that

Right well im sorry 2hear about that id be kicking up & ringing them & inquring about it, as to why u havent been emailed yet & things like that

I'm nearly sureyou only hear back from public jobs when theGR are recruiting in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

shaunerz wrote: »
    I'm nearly sureyou only hear back from public jobs when theGR are recruiting in your area.

Thats true.

But there is notting stopping you from from ringing up and doing the interview in another area if you want to start the process now rather then waiting.

When i was doing my interview and report writing in galway there was two fella from wexford who were there to do it too.

So if you ring public jobs and ask which area the next ones are on in and to put your name down.

Or maybe as said below they're just not recruiting in my area again yet.
    shaunerz wrote: »
    jmc1546 wrote: »
    Thats true.

But there is notting stopping you from from ringing up and doing the interview in another area if you want to start the process now rather then waiting.

When i was doing my interview and report writing in galway there was two fella from wexford who were there to do it too.

So if you ring public jobs and ask which area the next ones are on in and to put your name down.
    Cheers. I'll do that on Monday. :)

The recruitment only just opened back up in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Hey guys,
    I applied for it in Summer 09 (not sure when)
    I did my test and passed in Sept 09
    Handed in my BR form at the end of Oct 09
    This is where it gets messy!!!!!

Background check came back saying i was missing address from 2 uncles who the family had lost contact with! ( in Jan this year)
    I was then called by the Garda Station and was told I was missing photos or they were misplaced. Jan
    Informed about Uncles and handed in Photos
    Heard nothing till I mailed asking is everything sorted which I got a reply saying it was
    E-mailed there recently (APR) and again i was told they are still processing!
    sometimes I think they'll never call!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hello,

I'm at the stage where I've handed in the BR form to the local Garda station. Fingers crossed it won't be too long a wait!!

Anyway, I'm thinking ahead here and if I manage to get in, does anyone know when the next intake is? I'm trying to arrange holliers and knowing my luck I'll be away when the Phase one is on!

Just thought I'd chance here before I ring the reserve section in HQ.

Good luck to all by the way!!

Cheers,

Loopie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Loopie wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm at the stage where I've handed in the BR form to the local Garda station. Fingers crossed it won't be too long a wait!!

Anyway, I'm thinking ahead here and if I manage to get in, does anyone know when the next intake is? I'm trying to arrange holliers and knowing my luck I'll be away when the Phase one is on!

Just thought I'd chance here before I ring the reserve section in HQ.

Good luck to all by the way!!

Cheers,

Loopie

You won't have to worry too much about missing Phase one this year!! It usually takes a long bit of time for the BR form to be completed by AGS and then there's a meeting with the Super and finally a medical.. I would guest you have up to an 8 month wait ahead of you or even longer. There is usually two intakes a year March and November approx (maybe three with the surge of applications now) Hope that helps a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Applied (for Kildare) about 4-5 weeks ago. Heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

You won't have to worry too much about missing Phase one this year!! It usually takes a long bit of time for the BR form to be completed by AGS and then there's a meeting with the Super and finally a medical.. I would guest you have up to an 8 month wait ahead of you or even longer. There is usually two intakes a year March and November approx (maybe three with the surge of applications now) Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks for the reply Munster. Didn't ring them today, definitely do it tomorrow, will post the response.

Loopie

DustyMan wrote: »
    Applied (for Kildare) about 4-5 weeks ago. Heard nothing yet.

You can give the psa a ring an ask them when the next round of interviews are happening in your area or surrounding area.

• Advertisement

Loopie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Munster. Didn't ring them today, definitely do it tomorrow, will post the response.

Loopie

You can, but they will be no more the wiser than you as the BR Check forms would be either in transit or in a garda / police station to do those checks. This really does take some time to complete. My advise would be to sit back, relax and put it to the back of your mind till you here more. I would ring them in about 3-4 months if you want to ease your mind that things are moving along. If you have relations living abroad, things take much longer as the BR Checks have to be done by external police forces and sent back to AGS then. Good Luck

Advertisement